RIP Gordie Howe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Gordie Howe

RIP Gordon "Gordie" Howe. If you don't know what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is go look it up. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordie_Ho…
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

I've lost a bit of myself today, realizing one of childhood dreams just died. Thank you, Sir, for putting a smile on this child's face and you can laugh your butt off now to the likes of Gretzky.
    Chimo

Comment

Wow.

A total stud. Skated from 1946 until 1980 with the Whalers. Skated alongside Wayne Gretsky (nineteen) during the 1980 NHL all-star game. Gordie was 52 and scored 15 goals for Hartford that season.

If Gretsky was the greatest, it was only because he stood on the shoulders of this giant.

Rest in peace, Gordie. You've earned it.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Well stated gents.

I hate the Red Wings but I love Gordie Howe.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Can't say that I am a hockey fan. In fact the last game I saw was in 1965. The sports radio news had this as there lead story before the Sharks and Warriors. I didn't catch the intro but only heard the accomplishments. After listening to all those I came to the conclusion that it could only be Gordie Howe and no other.

Comment

Goodbye Mr. Hockey. It was fun to know that I was watching and enjoying a player that my dad watched and enjoyed when he was a kid. Although in those days he most likely listened to him on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
              Goodbye Mr. Hockey. It was fun to know that I was watching and enjoying a player that my dad watched and enjoyed when he was a kid. Although in those days he most likely listened to him on the radio.

Where. The. Fuck. Is. The. Like. Button.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X