RIP The greatest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP The greatest

RIP the greatest , Muhammed Ali / Cassius Clay .
    Last edited by tankie; 06 Jun 16,, 10:20.

Never did liked what he did outside the ring but it was watching an artist at work inside the ring.
    Chimo

Comment

This is a must watch

and this
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Never did liked what he did outside the ring but it was watching an artist at work inside the ring.
        Agreed there Colonel, he should have after acceptance of himself being an American citizen and was eligible for everything on offer as said citizen, he should have done his military time , in my mind he would not have been put into the front line maybes enjoying a job as a PTI , however that's in the past ,but military life did Elvis no harm and it would have been the same for him ! , yes his refusal for which he was vilified for put a blemish on him , however he was a master of his craft ,and a great showman , the world will not see his like again RIP .
        Last edited by tankie; 06 Jun 16,, 00:42.

Comment

I think that he was the first person who clearly understood sports was a form of entertainment and played it well. I view him as an entertainer. I have no doubt that he was a major influence for many characters in ufc and wrestling.

Comment

RIP. A great sportsman.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I will not comment on his attitude outside the ring , but as a boxer , he was good but toward the end of his career , he sucked mightily
              of his three fight against Frazier , he lost the first , got the second on point without being penalized for repeatedly holding Frazier head down
              and on the third in Manilla he got butchered , insisting he wanted to give up at the end of the fourteen , asking his corner to cut his gloves , being screamed at to stand once more
              meanwhile Frazier was adamant he would keep fighting , in spite of his one good eye being closed ,
              he fought the whole of the fourteen totally blind , punching from where he was being plummeted , his coach threw the towel , much to Frazier indignation
              After the fight , with ali pissing blood , he had Frazier son called to his dressing room and told him his father was a great fighter ,
              Joe Frazier said , if he has anything to tell me he could have done it himself
              in several other fight he leaned in the rope covering himself and giving short rabbit punches, not exactly a good technique or fair either

every times he met a really good fighter of the new breed , he had trouble

P.S by the way , when he came out of Jail , Frazier had lend him money and arranged for Ali to get some fights ,
              only to be totally abused , called gorilla and an uncle tom .
              Frazier quipped that he was blacker than him , there was a lot of milk in that coffee.

He was good , very good but in the later part was slack with his training , spending his time womanizing and playing the big media mouth

Comment

Originally posted by randwick View Post
                I will not comment on his attitude outside the ring , but as a boxer , he was good but toward the end of his career , he sucked mightily
                of his three fight against Frazier , he lost the first , got the second on point without being penalized for repeatedly holding Frazier head down
                and on the third in Manilla he got butchered , insisting he wanted to give up at the end of the fourteen , asking his corner to cut his gloves , being screamed at to stand once more
                meanwhile Frazier was adamant he would keep fighting , in spite of his one good eye being closed ,
                he fought the whole of the fourteen totally blind , punching from where he was being plummeted , his coach threw the towel , much to Frazier indignation
                After the fight , with ali pissing blood , he had Frazier son called to his dressing room and told him his father was a great fighter ,
                Joe Frazier said , if he has anything to tell me he could have done it himself
                in several other fight he leaned in the rope covering himself and giving short rabbit punches, not exactly a good technique or fair either

every times he met a really good fighter of the new breed , he had trouble

P.S by the way , when he came out of Jail , Frazier had lend him money and arranged for Ali to get some fights ,
                only to be totally abused , called gorilla and an uncle tom .
                Frazier quipped that he was blacker than him , there was a lot of milk in that coffee.

He was good , very good but in the later part was slack with his training , spending his time womanizing and playing the big media mouth
                Ahhh So you weren't keen on him then !! , lol , when in his prime he was simply the best IMO and a great showman, sure he got beat , I think it was marciano and calzagge 2 fighters unbeaten , and yes smokin Joe was a great fighter who was well battered by foreman , the same guy Ali beat in manila to win his 3rd title at the age of 32,his ring craft was beyond compare , sure he did things that pissed people off ,but he also fed the hungry !!!! But its his boxing ability which made him a world wide instantly known person but lets face it , everyone of us has skeletons in the cupboard , RIP the greatest IMO and millions more ��

Comment

Working...
                X