'History Created' Says PM After India, Iran, Afghan Sign Trade Corridor Pact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    He's not going to succeed. He's not even going to try. He's going to the bank with your money.
    Sir, the Chabar port would be used for trade with Afghans and Central Asia, but it has more of a military objective.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gwadar-Chabahar-Map.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1468764
    Last edited by Oracle; 01 Jun 16,, 03:57.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Have you been following recent US-Pak news? US/West is terrified of loose Pak tactical nukes falling in the hands of terrorists, and Pakistani politicians giving statements that they have nukes and would use those in a conflict with India. Doesn't make it at all comforting for the US. And then, top terrorist leaders have been found/taken out in Pakistan. Basically Pakistani duplicity. There's aid freeze, temporary I know, but business won't be as usual with Pakistan anymore. And I'm a 100% sure there is a plan to snatch Pak nukes. The question is when, not huh? The Chabar port helps in that scenario too. There will be a little chaos inside Pak then, and they would definitely attack Indian positions and get a more than befitting reply. It's playing out behind the scenes, and Pakistan is the only loser here.

US also is arming India and both have signed the logistics agreement. There are talks of giving India a status being enjoyed by the NATO+5. In some time, China will be arm twisted to make way for India's entry to the NSG. These might seem to be small tactics now, but these will have big ramifications in the future. I was always positive about US-India relations, and I'm being proved correct slowly. More than anything, I'm enjoying it all the more.
      Right...

Comment

Have you been following recent US-Pak news? US/West is terrified of loose Pak tactical nukes falling in the hands of terrorists, and Pakistani politicians giving statements that they have nukes and would use those in a conflict with India. Doesn't make it at all comforting for the US. And then, top terrorist leaders have been found/taken out in Pakistan. Basically Pakistani duplicity. There's aid freeze, temporary I know, but business won't be as usual with Pakistan anymore. And I'm a 100% sure there is a plan to snatch Pak nukes. The question is when, not huh? The Chabar port helps in that scenario too. There will be a little chaos inside Pak then, and they would definitely attack Indian positions and get a more than befitting reply. It's playing out behind the scenes, and Pakistan is the only loser here.

US also is arming India and both have signed the logistics agreement. There are talks of giving India a status being enjoyed by the NATO+5. In some time, China will be arm twisted to make way for India's entry to the NSG. These might seem to be small tactics now, but these will have big ramifications in the future. I was always positive about US-India relations, and I'm being proved correct slowly. More than anything, I'm enjoying it all the more.
        Reports suggest that India nukes security is weaker than Pakistan

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1071063/...istans-report/

Anyway The Pakistan-USA relations are so complex that it is hard for normal individuals like us to understand.Both of them need each other for common interest in this region.

I believe that it is not USA that is moving away from Pakistan but rather Pakistan is shifting its relations focus toward China and Russia.

Comment

I rather see Chabahar vs Gwadar as a healthy competition.Both of these ports has different goals.

Gwadar packs 46 Billion dollars worth projects with more than 20 Billion dollars project already underway and an alternative route to world largest GDP of the future and the world largest consumer market.Central asian countries are already connected to kashgar and kashgar is being connected to Khunjerab.

Chabahar is more of an alternative route for india into Afghanistan to bypass Pakistan.Central asia is a very small market with existing trade of India with central asia below 1 Billion dollars.Iran is only connected through land with Turkmenistan.Central asia internal politic atmosphere is nasty especially uzbekistan and kryzgstan.Tajikistan has already opted for Gwadar and right now they have access to karachi Port.Chabahar only involves 500Million dollars investment.Central asian countries combined Population is 67 Million and is a very small market,if we exclude tajikistan and Kazakhstan than it is non existing market.Again it merely serve as an alternative route Afghanistan.

We can't compare these 2 ports

Comment

500 million for a country that produces oil and operates in socio-political stability
            vs
            46 billion for pakistan

What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
              500 million for a country that produces oil and operates in socio-political stability
              vs
              46 billion for pakistan

What is wrong with this picture?
              Nothing wrong dear.

Oil Producing and a stable country but growth rate of zero last year.

Comment

Originally posted by barangai View Post
                Nothing wrong dear. No homo
                Sentence fixed for you

Oil Producing and a stable country but growth rate of zero last year.
                Your logic is good but economics is even better

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                  Right...
                  OKay, so what is wrong? I'm interested in your views.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    The Iranian port I can understand. Giving Kabul a say on this deal is what I don't understand.
                    The current NSA (Ajit Doval) is on tape saying that incase of another Mumbai (26/11), Paks would lose Baluchistan.

Comment

The current NSA (Ajit Doval) is on tape saying that incase of another Mumbai (26/11), Paks would lose Baluchistan.
                      Ever since Ajit doval has headed the NSA,Things has only improved for Pakistan be it security,separatist movements or the economy.

Comment

Ever since Ajit doval has headed the NSA,Things has only improved for Pakistan be it security,separatist movements or the economy.
                        The PA just gave an entire nation on a lease to china for 46bn. You think others don't understand?

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                          The PA just gave an entire nation on a lease to china for 46bn. You think others don't understand?
                          Oh please,at least stop acting like Arnab Goswami.Do you think we don't even have the right to get foreign investment?What has CPEC got to do with the improvement in security?or the eradication of foreign funded separatist movements?

We lost more than 700 Hundred soldiers in Zarbeazb.

Comment

China has an unusual business policy. They run their production lines regardless of the demand. To make room for new stock, they literally dump their old stock at our ports at kilo rates(scrap). There's no way any countrys local businesses can compete against a policy like this. The last thing we want is to build a golden road connecting our markets to their manufacturing corridors.

Clearly, your leaders have something else in mind. Your ancestors gave a similar treatment to sikander and you know what happened to him. FYI, that was just one province(paurava).

Comment

Now, what I was thinking is -

#1. Yes, India needs trade route to Central Asia, but is trade with Central Asia that important?

Answer: Yes & No.

Yes, because we're a energy starved country. We want Uranium. So we will be spending money, instead of earning foreign exchange.

No, because those Stan's are too small countries with no real economy to speak of. So how do we make money? What do we sell? Even now we don't have a manufacturing base anywhere near China. This is illogical than to spend money on Iran's chabahar port.

#2. Why Afghans?

Answer: They are a decoy for our military objective. We certainly don't need Afghan to connect to Central Asia. Iran is enough.

The objective is to neutralize the China made port in Gwadar, by building one in Chabahar.

China is building the port in Gwadar not only for trade but also to secure it's energy/oil supplies. When and if, India is done building the port in Chabahar, which Japan is also interested to join, the Indian Navy would be 2 steps ahead of the Chinese in a conflict and choke/block oil supplies, in the east as well as on the west of the Indian Ocean to the Gulf of Oman.

There are hints being dropped now and then. Like yesterday a spokesperson of the State Dept, who said that they are working with India to arm the Indian Navy upto the point that the Indian Navy can secure the Indian Ocean Region and also project power in the Pacific. There is a clear change of US policy because of China's brazen acts in the South China Sea. China gains nothing, while Indian Defense forces gets armed to the teeth. Pak is out, China is shoved aside, India is in. Relationship with Iran is getting normalized, not one voice of protest from USGov about the Indo-Iran port deal. Port call and berthing rights for the Indian as well as the American Navy in future. Iran in, Saudis will be shoved aside.

That also doesn't mean that US would give up on Pak and Saudis. They will throw a bone once a while to Pak so that the country doesn't fail and fall to terrorists, keep talking and calming down the Saudis that Iranian objectives are contained vis-a-vis the Saudis and that it is better to work with Iran to make sure there are no nukes in the middle-east.

People might also want to read what the CCP's mouthpiece had to say very recently-> In Iran’s Chabahar, India seeks leverage point over Pakistan, China

Comment

I don't know if it's a cultural thing but it's seems quite common anything East of the Urals where perceptions matters more than reality. There is no military dimensions to the two ports in question. No depots are being built. No munition storage is even being discussed and most certainly be rejected by Iran. No barracks are being built. You know. The things you actually need to support a naval task force far from home. Sure you can dock and maybe even do some minor repairs but nothing is even being discussed how to handle battle damage.

The US does want to sell India weapons, not so much as to counter China because frankly, India ain't interested in being an American guard dog. A confident and secured India is a stabilizing influence (arresting vs sinking pirates) and is in American interest. Having one more cop in the Indian Ocean ain't a bad thing but that doesn't mean the Americans want the Indians to go into the South China Seas. For one, she doesn't have a dog in that fight and two, the US has much better allies (Japan, Australia, South Korea) to do the job.

As for Afghanistan. Again, it's a fucked up failed country. How can you even rely on them?
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X