No announcement yet.

'History Created' Says PM After India, Iran, Afghan Sign Trade Corridor Pact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that it's a gold mine for Afghanistan but I still don't see the need to include such an unstable and frankly fucked up untrustworthy government in this pact.
    Chimo

Comment

OoE, the pashtuns have zero friends and all enemies.

Iran is their ideological enemy. Pakistan wants to colonize it. The west prefers islamist chaos and civil war over another possible russian invasion. While CIS states want to break chunks of it from the north. Given the state, Ashraf ghani, the afghan president tries to engage everyone. He also engages china pakistan with gwadar port. Although I think he knows that no one will help the pashtuns. India cannot help either(even if it wanted to through chabahar) because neither iran or america would agree. The best strategy available for the pashtuns is to bleed and bleed everyone else along. This is why chabahar cannot be co-related with af-pak.

Comment

You're not helping to reason why Afghanistan should be part of this pact.
        Chimo

Comment

The alternative is to tell ashraf ghani, the pashtun president to go home

Comment

Iran offer Pakistan/China to join Chabahar Port

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...oin-it-2217258

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
              The alternative is to tell ashraf ghani, the pashtun president to go home
              ... And the difference is?

It's not like he's got the support of the country behind him ... or even most of the warlords.
              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 27 May 16,, 21:41.
              Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

It's not like he's got the support of the country behind him ... or even most of the warlords.
                Ashraf Ghani isn't India's only man in Afghanistan.

Comment

Oh come on! This is Afghanistan. No one got shit all!
                  Chimo

Comment

If he wants to engage with the iranians, what is the cause for india to stop him? He either succeeds or he doesn't. A client state wants others to use it as a tool.
                    Last edited by anil; 28 May 16,, 08:23.

Comment

History is created? How? Delta?

History will be created when US SOF acquires Pakistani nukes, and renders Pakistan at the mercy of the Indian Army.
                      Just wait for it. That time is coming soon.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 31 May 16,, 17:34.
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                        If he wants to engage with the iranians, what is the cause for india to stop him? He either succeeds or he doesn't. A client state wants others to use it as a tool.
                        He's not going to succeed. He's not even going to try. He's going to the bank with your money.
                        Chimo

Comment

Pretty ladies don't understand, that when Papa (US) swings his bat, all hell breaks lose.

Competing with aunty (China) is okay, and that would mean tightening screws and acquisition of modern aircraft, navy vessels and modernizing the Indian Army. The Artillery system Indian Army wants to buy from US is stagnant, and it is the fault of the defense minister who can't digest non-veg on a platter, being a Goan. He cannot even decide if F-18 or the Rafaels suits the needs of our AF. The only positively I see is ofcourse of our secretive Indian Navy, which is doing a lot indigenously.

Which in other words mean that Afghanistan would be in a serious mess now.

Only way --> US forces move out/ Pakistan don't get a penny/ Afghanistan gets money for rebuilding efforts/ India gets more say/ Keep the Chinese out.

What does the first drone strike in Balochistan tell you guys? That US patience is wearing thin.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 01 Jun 16,, 02:54.
                          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

He's not going to succeed. He's not even going to try. He's going to the bank with your money.
                            You're not wrong for holding a pessimistic view of that region.

India is rather interested in iran. Even though it emanates the typical mamluk personality commonly seen outside the arab world, it somehow still manages to remain a non-client state. Perhaps some indigenous strain has endured somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                              History is created? How? Delta?

History will be created when US SOF acquires Pakistani nukes, and renders Pakistan at the mercy of the Indian Army.
                              Just wait for it. That time is coming soon.
                              Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                                Huh?
                                Have you been following recent US-Pak news? US/West is terrified of loose Pak tactical nukes falling in the hands of terrorists, and Pakistani politicians giving statements that they have nukes and would use those in a conflict with India. Doesn't make it at all comforting for the US. And then, top terrorist leaders have been found/taken out in Pakistan. Basically Pakistani duplicity. There's aid freeze, temporary I know, but business won't be as usual with Pakistan anymore. And I'm a 100% sure there is a plan to snatch Pak nukes. The question is when, not huh? The Chabar port helps in that scenario too. There will be a little chaos inside Pak then, and they would definitely attack Indian positions and get a more than befitting reply. It's playing out behind the scenes, and Pakistan is the only loser here.

US also is arming India and both have signed the logistics agreement. There are talks of giving India a status being enjoyed by the NATO+5. In some time, China will be arm twisted to make way for India's entry to the NSG. These might seem to be small tactics now, but these will have big ramifications in the future. I was always positive about US-India relations, and I'm being proved correct slowly. More than anything, I'm enjoying it all the more.
                                Last edited by Oracle; 01 Jun 16,, 04:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X