• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Excuses :)
    You say excuses. I say "positive reasoning."

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    Carl, didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
    I wonder what would happen if The Most Interesting Man in the World bumped into Chuck Norris at Holiday Inn Express?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post

Reagan over saw the expansion of the USN from a fleet that relief mostly on surplus WWII hulls and whose crews suffered from demoralization into one that was mostly new build and digital with high espirit de corps.
      That was Carter. He is responsible for the Sprucans , Tycos and Perrys that were commissioned in the early 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        That was Carter. He is responsible for the Sprucans , Tycos and Perrys that were commissioned in the early 80s.
        Since the Spruance Class Destroyer Program was contracted in the year 1970, I will have to file your counterpoint in the circular file.

Comment

Since the Spruance Class Destroyer Program was contracted in the year 1970, I will have to file your counterpoint in the circular file.
          Program was signed but look at the dates/years that the majority of the ships were contracted/bought. The Carter admin brought lots of new ships into the fleet.

Reagan bought some, recommissioned some and changes a lot of ships classified as support to warships to boost numbers.

Going by Program date then Reagan is responsible for the Burkes being built today. I don't think so

Comment

Perhaps, it will be time for a new name for this DDG? Or even a few of the other hulls under construction?
            Last edited by surfgun; 09 Nov 16,, 17:39.

Comment

Perhaps, it will be time for a new name for this DDG? Or even a few of the other hulls under construction?
              Not until Mabus is thrown out on his ass.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                Not until Mabus is thrown out on his ass.
                Oh' I am counting the days!

Comment

Oh' I am counting the days!
                  One positive to a Trump victory: No more feel-good kumbaya bullshit naming of USN warships for at least 4 years.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                  X