Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOR View Post
    Found it: http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...ericans-000083
    The Panama Papers: Where are the Americans?
    They have other off shore havens other than Panama: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021802541.html among others
    Last edited by Dazed; 06 Apr 16,, 20:13.

Comment

It is definitely case related whether it be a hack or a genuine 'leak' - the lack of US related items in this huge trove (over 11m documents) smells like hell to me, a stupid mistake - AGAIN. I am pretty sure it is hacked probably from inside - nobody carries 11m confidential documents out of the office without getting getting caught at some point - not even Mitrokhin.

The bits relevant to Ukraine and Muscovy I will speak of in the relevant thread as I do not want to complicate this thread with others.
      Last edited by snapper; 06 Apr 16,, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed View Post
        They other off shore havens other than Panama: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021802541.html
        Oh?
        http://bigstory.ap.org/6352562d2bf2487d8e7894f9aa8936a9
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Doktor.

It has gone on since the beginning of tax rolls. I was just showing one of the many places to hide your money. There is a million ways around any countries tax code. The average US citizen loves a deduction. Company CFO are expected to find. it See Amazon in Europe:http://fortune.com/2015/05/25/amazon-tax-eu-regulators/

Comment

.......To only publish very selected data from the “leaked” data has two purposes:

1. It smears various “enemies of the empire” even if only by association like the presidents Putin and Assad.
            2. It lets other important people, those mentioned in the database but not yet published about, know that the U.S. or its “media partner” can, at any time, expose their dirty laundry to the public. It is thereby a perfect blackmailing instrument.........

From: http://www.globalresearch.ca/selecti...slikes/5518635

Comment

Originally posted by popillol View Post
              .......To only publish very selected data from the “leaked” data has two purposes:

1. It smears various “enemies of the empire” even if only by association like the presidents Putin and Assad.
              2. It lets other important people, those mentioned in the database but not yet published about, know that the U.S. or its “media partner” can, at any time, expose their dirty laundry to the public. It is thereby a perfect blackmailing instrument.........

From: http://www.globalresearch.ca/selecti...slikes/5518635
              popillol,

I've read posts written in Hong Kong, London, Germany and the US.
              Each one focused on the people most of interest to their particular readers, but also repeated the list of the most famous.
              Rather than seeing conspiracy and cover-up behind the stories, maybe you might want to vary your sources of information a bit, and see if there isn't a different perspective from somewhere else.

You might also note that the original story broke in Germany, not the US.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

popillol,

Each one focused on the people most of interest to their particular readers, but also repeated the list of the most famous.
                Rather than seeing conspiracy and cover-up behind the stories, maybe you might want to vary your sources of information a bit, and see if there isn't a different perspective from somewhere else.

LoL!! Seems like you (most here?) think I am a CT guy! Well, this was just one of the explanations that I came across, I in no way support them. Haha. I am reading other things currently, so can't dig in deep in these sort of stuff, posted what I got, you know, just to continue the thread. :P
                BTW in India too there are newspapers with 5 pages of Indians whose names appeared in the list along with world famous personalities. One of the election points of the current government was to bring back black money. Lets see what progress we make in light of this revelation.

And again, I am not a CT guy. :D

Comment

popillol,

Uhm, so explain no Americans.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    Uhm, so explain no Americans.
                    Read the article he linked to Doc. They simply may not be very fond of Panama when there are other options they consider safer. May also be that the criteria used to search the documents may not have turned them up yet. Look at the volume of data - its vast. Will take time to sort through.

This thing was a co-operative venture from journalists in a large number of countries. The idea that one organization has managed to 'gatekeep' the whole thing to advance US interests simply doesn't pass the sniff test.
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I think the story broke in several media organisations simultaneously no? I know the Gruniad (Guardian) in UK broke the story the same day it broke in Germany.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Read the article he linked to Doc. They simply may not be very fond of Panama when there are other options they consider safer. May also be that the criteria used to search the documents may not have turned them up yet. Look at the volume of data - its vast. Will take time to sort through.

This thing was a co-operative venture from journalists in a large number of countries. The idea that one organization has managed to 'gatekeep' the whole thing to advance US interests simply doesn't pass the sniff test.
                      Tend to agree with you on this. First it is clear that much of the material has not been 'gone through' in any detail - we are getting headlines and not details. This means that the information of the leak (or hack or whatever) only recently came into the reporters hands - realistically it must have been transferred electronically. Nor of course do a group of international journalists have any reason to 'edit' any US information - unless you buy the Muscovite theory that it's actually all a CIA (Jewish/alien etc) plot to 'destabilise Muscovy'; "Putinophobia" Peskow called it. That seems nonsense to me as it is clearly embarrassing for Cameron in the UK and Poroshenko in Ukraine as well. Of course it may be that there is information embarrassing to people in the US within the documents but as it not been gone through in detail it simply has been 'teased out' yet. Alternatively it may be that wealthy US citizens have sufficient abilities to hide their money in the US. I cannot see it having thoroughly 'edited' or redacted previous to the first disclosures though. Of course it would help if the whole archive were made public so everyone could look. If there is information embarrasing to senior US officials it is being suppressed - or is not found yet - by those going through it.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        I think the story broke in several media organisations simultaneously no? I know the Gruniad (Guardian) in UK broke the story the same day it broke in Germany.
                        The data was transmitted to German paper Süddeutsche, which shared it within the ICIJ network. ICIJ then set up investigative groups and, once the data had been looked at sufficiently, set a joint release day and time for articles to be published by ICIJ members.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

He saod he is no CT bloke. I just play the ball...

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            He saod he is no CT bloke. I just play the ball...
                            Not sure what you are getting at Doc. There are several articles on this thread explaining the absence (so far) of US names. They sound pretty reasonable.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I've posted an article why Americans wouldn't stash offshore, when there are plenty options at home, but still the question pops... You know me, I'd troll any CT argument.

Comment

haha, no place like home :D

Originally posted by popillol View Post
                                LoL!! Seems like you (most here?) think I am a CT guy! Well, this was just one of the explanations that I came across, I in no way support them. Haha. I am reading other things currently, so can't dig in deep in these sort of stuff, posted what I got, you know, just to continue the thread. :P

And again, I am not a CT guy. :D
                                globalresearch.ca is not a respected website, too much BS.

requests not to post their crap goes back many years if you search WAB.

BTW in India too there are newspapers with 5 pages of Indians whose names appeared in the list along with world famous personalities. One of the election points of the current government was to bring back black money. Lets see what progress we make in light of this revelation.
                                They should start tax havens in India. Then they will have succeeded in bringing back the black money. But every Indian getting 15 lakhs will not be possible.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 10 Apr 16,, 00:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X