how much pressure was this guy under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much pressure was this guy under?

Driving 16(?) stars around at the same time.... He could have used a Go Pro.

I recognize Eisenhower, Patton, not sure who the other 2 were. King? Bradley?
    Attached Files
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Patton only had 3 stars.

Comment

the feeling maxes out. it just takes ONE four-star to ruin your career, after you realize this, what's the difference between three or four of them compared to one?

you can only be killed once, as the saying goes.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Gunnut, you need to work on your vision.

It's King, Marshall, Bradley & Ike.

I get a kick out Bradley having to sit up on the spare tire. Glad they were able to get some command cars later. Below is a video of the visit to the Normandy battlefield.

I love when the jeep pulls out VADM Kirk is basically standing with his dick in his hand!

King looks like he is hating every minute of it. He and Marshall loathed each other. But King gets the front seat. Interesting that Marshall is senior in DOR by almost 15 months on King but gets in back.

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know about pressure but the driver rocked those sunglasses
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            But King gets the front seat. Interesting that Marshall is senior in DOR by almost 15 months on King but gets in back.
            Aren't they still based afloat?

King has the "Keys to the ride home" and the rest know it. He also has control of the food served in the mess. Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              I don't know about pressure but the driver rocked those sunglasses
              He actually looked like the coolest cat in town.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Driver: this is all a dream, this is all a dream, stay away from Chili Fridays at the canteen, this is all a dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

King has the "Keys to the ride home" and the rest know it. He also has control of the food served in the mess. Just sayin
                  Good points. But he looks out of place with that white cover!

Also, has anyone seen a photo of Ike in a steel pot? I have seen a picture of him with leggings and webgear but he was wearing a piss cutter hat. It was during Operation TORCH.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

What's he doing as a "landlubber", riding around in a Jeep with a bunch of knuckle draggers, anyway?
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                    X