Long Beach NSY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    You two do know you are talking to Rusty? You know the guy who knows battleships, armor and his guns. I didn't see anything in his resume about computers and software.
    LIKE very much!!!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

I would be happy to be on the phone with Rusty and talk him through checking his OS for the right version and downloading Virtual Machine and XP mode.

Comment

You two do know you are talking to Rusty? You know the guy who knows battleships, armor and his guns. I didn't see anything in his resume about computers and software.
        That's very true. However, just before retirement I did learn how to create 3D drawings with AutoCad. They were fun to do. Then a few years ago somebody gave me the book and disc on AutoCad 14. I loaded it on and --- forgot completely how to use it. So I just stuck toe Corel Draw for my drafting now and Adobe Photoshop for cleaning up scans of old photos and drawings.

Oh, oh! Yesterday my neighbor came over and showed me how to scan transparencies but NOT through Adobe. After scanning them as a BMP or a JPEG in a separate file, I can then pull them up onto Adobe for cropping, cleaning, etc.

The only problem is that it will only scan in 300 dpi and some of the stuff I do I need 600 to 1200. But, we will see what we will see.

Also my neighbor told me to do all of my revisions for Rev "B" of my book in Word as I already have it stored on 8 1/2 X 11. Then transfer it to the PDF file Amazon wants me to use.

Hope I get the margins right this time.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Damn! You're beginning to sound like a computer geek. Note the Los Angeles skyline in the back with palm trees...
          Attached Files

Comment

Damn! You're beginning to sound like a computer geek. Note the Los Angeles skyline in the back with palm trees...
            I you sure that's not Miami Beach? Many years ago I was watching a TV series (I think it was "The Man With a Badge") that supposedly recreated a criminal case in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. But what turned me off was the Palm Trees in the background. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, so I know for sure there are NO Palm trees there.

On the other hand, there are many TV shows that supposedly take place in Florida but are actually filmed right here in Long Beach, California.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
            X