Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Deadpool

  1. #1
    Official Thread Jacker Senior Contributor gunnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 06
    Location
    DPRK, Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    23,775

    Deadpool

    OMG this is the funniest movie....probably ever. I was laughing from beginning to the end. The humor is bloody and raunchy. It is now my favorite Valentines movie.

    Go see it.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

  2. #2
    Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Mar 05
    Location
    Panama City Fl
    Posts
    8,407
    My 18 yr old son thought is was awesome.
    Its called Tourist Season. So why can't we shoot them?

  3. #3
    Senior Contributor Stitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Nov 06
    Location
    Patterson, CA
    Posts
    3,080
    I can hardly wait to see it; I'm glad Ryan Reynolds finally found the right superhero for his personality, the Green Lantern was AWFUL! And he certainly wasn't given much screen time in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

  4. #4
    Idiot Mode [ON] OFF Senior Contributor YellowFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 06
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I can hardly wait to see it; I'm glad Ryan Reynolds finally found the right superhero for his personality, the Green Lantern was AWFUL! And he certainly wasn't given much screen time in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    Hah, funny thing is Reynolds is playing the same superhero in both films.

    It's just that the Deadpool character was so mangled in the Wolverine movie.

    Looks like Spielberg was wrong when he said the superhero movie is a passing fad considering Avengers, X-men, Captain America, The Suicide Squad and especially Dawn of Justice all has a built in audience and will hit it big at the box office this year.

    What's the over/under on the Dawn of Justice surpassing Star Wars in box office considering that Batman and Superman are both better known than any Star Wars character throughout the world?
    Last edited by YellowFever; 15 Feb 16, at 15:19.

  5. #5
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,244
    Ohhhhhhhh, Frrrrrrrrraaaaaaaannnnnncccciiiiisssss!!!!
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

  6. #6
    Senior Contributor Stitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Nov 06
    Location
    Patterson, CA
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    Hah, funny thing is Reynolds is playing the same superhero in both films.

    It's just that the Deadpool character was so mangled in the Wolverine movie.

    Looks like Spielberg was wrong when he said the superhero movie is a passing fad considering Avengers, X-men, Captain America, The Suicide Squad and especially Dawn of Justice all has a built in audience and will hit it big at the box office this year.

    What's the over/under on the Dawn of Justice surpassing Star Wars in box office considering that Batman and Superman are both better known than any Star Wars character throughout the world?
    Yeah, I knew he was the same character, that's why I mentioned it; but, apparently, his character wasn't very well written in X-Men, and he's been given a much more, shall we say, "interesting" personality in his new movie.

    I'm not taking that bet on the Batman vs. Superman thing; yes, they are both better known, but I don't think there are enough die-hard Batman/Superman fans to make the movie an overwhelming success. I predict a very successful opening weekend for the movie, but I don't think it will approach the opening weekend of "The Force Awakens".
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

  7. #7
    Idiot Mode [ON] OFF Senior Contributor YellowFever's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 06
    Posts
    6,094
    On second thought, you might be right.

    My inner fanboism was clouding my judgement...lol.

    It's not like we haven't had Superman or Batman movies before.

  8. #8
    Official Thread Jacker Senior Contributor gunnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 06
    Location
    DPRK, Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    23,775
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    On second thought, you might be right.

    My inner fanboism was clouding my judgement...lol.

    It's not like we haven't had Superman or Batman movies before.
    Yeah, but this one has like a female Captain America, but with a sword....
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

  9. #9
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut View Post
    Yeah, but this one has like a female Captain America, but with a sword....
    And BEN AFLECK!
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

  10. #10
    Official Thread Jacker Senior Contributor gunnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 06
    Location
    DPRK, Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    23,775
    Quote Originally Posted by GVChamp View Post
    And BEN AFLECK!
    Bring back Michael Keaton!!!! I want Mr. Mom as Batman. He'll be....Batmom!
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

  11. #11
    Senior Contributor SteveDaPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Aug 13
    Location
    Kansas City, United States
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
    What's the over/under on the Dawn of Justice surpassing Star Wars in box office considering that Batman and Superman are both better known than any Star Wars character throughout the world?
    I don't know man, the pre-advertising and merchandising for Star Wars was unreal.

  12. #12
    Senior Contributor Stitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Nov 06
    Location
    Patterson, CA
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut View Post
    Bring back Michael Keaton!!!! I want Mr. Mom as Batman. He'll be....Batmom!
    Yeah, I'm with you: the first Batman movie I saw (waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1990!) was the Michael Keaton one; even though he's known for his comedy, I still think he did a good job with the character.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •