Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112

Thread: North Korea nuke test

  1. #16
    Global Moderator
    Dirty Kiwi
    Parihaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Wellington, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    The only one I am aware of is the failed Indian test ... and maybe this one (evidence is lacking though). Israel is thought to have one but extreme doubt is now the norm since they have not tested even once and it is extremely doubtful they could have one without testing.
    By far the most interesting outcome of NK's activities. Didn't Israel get the code and testing data for computer Sims though?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility

    Gottfried Leibniz

  2. #17
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    That is claimed by two former US Deputy Secretaries of Energy but to date I found no collabering evidence except heresay. The two former DSecs themselves did not supply the info nor present any specifics to the transfer. Most certainly, the Soviets made no complaints about such a NPT violation.
    Chimo

  3. #18
    Global Moderator
    Dirty Kiwi
    Parihaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Wellington, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    That is claimed by two former US Deputy Secretaries of Energy but to date I found no collabering evidence except heresay. The two former DSecs themselves did not supply the info nor present any specifics to the transfer. Most certainly, the Soviets made no complaints about such a NPT violation.
    That's one hell of a bluff
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility

    Gottfried Leibniz

  4. #19
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    That's one hell of a bluff
    Well, here is the other thing. The Chinese is alledged to stole the US W4 warhead. To date, they still have not managed to duplicate it ... with testing. The Pakistanis received all the data and plans from the Chinese and they still came up with duds in their tests.

    So, without testing, the Israelis cannot have confidence in their designs.
    Chimo

  5. #20
    Senior Contributor Doktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Aug 08
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Well, here is the other thing. The Chinese is alledged to stole the US W4 warhead. To date, they still have not managed to duplicate it ... with testing. The Pakistanis received all the data and plans from the Chinese and they still came up with duds in their tests.

    So, without testing, the Israelis cannot have confidence in their designs.
    You don't need NORKs for that.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

    To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

  6. #21
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
    You don't need NORKs for that.
    No. What the NKs did was to show the armscontrol experts that they have been crying wolf for the longest time. The Israels may or may not be crying wolf but the armscontrol expertise has certainly came under question as of late.
    Chimo

  7. #22
    Senior Contributor Doktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Aug 08
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    No. What the NKs did was to show the armscontrol experts that they have been crying wolf for the longest time. The Israels may or may not be crying wolf but the armscontrol expertise has certainly came under question as of late.
    They have to cry. Either that or seek new jobs
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

    To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

  8. #23
    Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Mar 05
    Location
    Panama City Fl
    Posts
    8,348
    Here's why it didn't work

    Name:  Funny-11-2_1.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  26.5 KB
    Its called Tourist Season. So why can't we shoot them?

  9. #24
    Senior Contributor Stitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Nov 06
    Location
    Patterson, CA
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Grape View Post
    Here's why it didn't work

    Name:  Funny-11-2_1.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  26.5 KB
    And once again, WHERE IS THAT DAMN "LIKE" BUTTON?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

  10. #25
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Here's the point. North Korean nukes are disabled! Period. South Korean F-16s would laid to waste all North Korean launch pads even before they get a chance to mate!
    Chimo

  11. #26
    Senior Contributor Stitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Nov 06
    Location
    Patterson, CA
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Here's the point. North Korean nukes are disabled! Period. South Korean F-16s would laid to waste all North Korean launch pads even before they get a chance to mate!
    Besides, you can BET that the US Air Force Global Strike Command has a few strategic assets already pre-programmed with the coordinates of North Korea's one or two launch facilities; we could have a couple of W87's headed for North Korea in a matter of minutes.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

  12. #27
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
    They have to cry. Either that or seek new jobs
    And they continue whacking a dead horse

    http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/10/wh...-is-worrisome/
    Chimo

  13. #28
    Regular
    Join Date
    19 Jun 07
    Location
    breckenridge, texas
    Posts
    134
    The response to the lunatic must me measured by the innocent lives involved in his removal. Give us the wisdom to do so in that country will return to the league of nations.

  14. #29
    Regular
    Join Date
    19 Jun 07
    Location
    breckenridge, texas
    Posts
    134
    give a contract to the hotshots or an internal cabal to whack his ass. its all about the money.

  15. #30
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Been there, done that. Baby Face Kim fed his uncle to the dogs.
    Chimo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 17 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 17 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. North Korea Suspected of Planning Rocket Test
    By xinhui in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19 Dec 12,, 08:25
  2. North Korea seen readying for new nuclear test
    By xrough in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07 May 09,, 10:36
  3. North Korea Cancels Test Launch.
    By Maxor in forum Military Aviation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05 Apr 09,, 16:17
  4. North Korea claims nuclear test
    By Anoop C in forum East Asia and the Pacific
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 13 Mar 08,, 05:20
  5. North Korea test-fires 7th missile
    By ARH Gabriel in forum Military Aviation
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06 Jul 06,, 18:40

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •