• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was free.
    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      JJ Abrams should forever stay away from military science fiction. The kid knows nothing about leadership.

And that star killer sure knows how to aim and I'm surprised firing that weapon doesn't rip the atmosphere off the base planet.
      There was a planetary shield to keep the atmosphere in with a window for the laser:

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Great! Instead of channeling the energy out into space, you keep the energy into violent storms with over a 1000 C temperature all over the planet. JJ Abrams is not even a high school physics graduate, and he's no military.
        Chimo

Comment

Can't even make it that far. If you somehow did absorb all the mass and energy of a sun and crammed it into a single planet, you'd get something very close to a black hole.

On the other hand, the Starkiller does fire the energy faster than the speed of light anyways, so the gravity of a black hole isn't an issue....

2. What happened to Kylo Ren? He was able to stop a blaster shot in mid flight at the beginning of the movie and by the end he was beaten by an untrained girl? Sure, he was injured to start the fight, but he was shot by a bowcaster bolt? Couldn't he have stopped it? I guess we can explain that away by the fact that he just killed his father and was a bit off-kilter.
          He's a whiny bitch pretending to be a tough guy. He DOES have incredible raw power, but he has noooooooo control and is entirely uncertain of himself. That's actually the point behind him slashing up the control panel at the beginning of the movie: he's an immature brat.
          Darth Vader never would have had a temper tantrum like that.

So he got his butt handed to him due to his being entirely off-base.

They weakened the movie by weakening the primary antagonist, but definitely improved the character, IMHO.
          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by dan m View Post
            -Spoilers-

The good: Characters both new and old are compelling and gave performances that had a lot of heart.
            - Battle scenes were well done. Seeing the X wings skimming over that lake was awesome.
            - The First order and Kylo Ren were probably my favorite part of the movie. I enjoyed seeing the conflict in Ren play out and I look forward to learning about the First Order.
            -Han's death damn near made me cry.
            -The final light saber battle .
            -Seeing the force used in new ways (like when Ren stopped the laser blast with the force)
            Anooooother movie/show that decided to kill off their best and most loved character. So typically boring and has helped me decide that I no longer need to go and pay money to see this one.

Comment

Han Solo needed to die....not for story purposes though but for financial reasons...lol.

Harrison Ford is the film's biggest earner by some distance, netting himself an eight figure sum that is estimated to be somewhere in the $10 million to $20 million range. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, the other two main stars from the original trilogy, were both paid in the "low-seven-figure range."

Elsewhere, supporting actors Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac received "mid-to-high-six figures," while the movie's two young stars, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, were both paid between $100,000 and $300,000.
              These salaries do not include back-end and percentage deals based on the film's profits. Variety reports that, unusually, these do not kick in until*The Force Awakens*crosses the $1 billion mark worldwide. To date, the movie has made $610 million at the global box office.

Comment

Sorry, that was by choice. Disney had no obligations to bring any of the three characters back.
                Chimo

Comment

Grown men discussing a kids movie. Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    Grown men discussing a kids movie. Really?
                    A Marine who does not believe in the Ultimate Warrior. Really?
                    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape
                      What does Star Wars have to do with the ultimate warrior?

When I want to see a flick about an Ultimate Warrior I watch these.
                      Actually, GS, I was seeing you doing this

Or are you telling me that Marine GS lack such powers?

As you would note, GS, that was a fulll Commander who was choking.
                      Chimo

Comment

Post went all crazy. Let me repost.

What does Star Wars have to do with the ultimate warrior?

When I want to see a flick about an Ultimate Warrior I watch these.

Comment

What? No Marine wants to choke an officer?
                          Chimo

Comment

What? No Marine wants to choke an officer?
                            Yea, But we want it to be "Up close and Personal". Not some vulcan mind trick

Comment

The difference between a Marine and Canadian Engineers. One gets charged, the other convinces the court it was all in thefuck's imagination.
                              Chimo

Comment

The difference between a Marine and Canadian Engineers. One gets charged, the other convinces the court it was all in thefuck's imagination.
                                Wait a second! A USMC Gunnery Sgt is admitting to a Canadian Forces LCol that US Marines have no Jedi powers?
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X