Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist attack in USA

Breaking news .

Terror attack in San Bernardino, multiple shooters reported, possible IED, 20 victims reported.

Let's not jump to conclusions. He/they may not be terrorists. Maybe just some crazy people or unhappy workers.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Not so fast, bud.

I'm very close to there right now and there is a massive shooting but no mention of terrorists yet, at least not the Islamic type.

Latest unconfirmed reports are of 3 or 4 shooters in tactical gear and at least 20 shot and 12 dead.

Reports are there was a SWAT team training not that far away and responddd immediately when the shooting started or it could have been much worse.

Just have to wait for solid news....

Comment

Reports are confused....

One report says it was a lone shooter who is still on the scene...

Other reports are it's 3 shooters and they fled the scene in a black Yukon.

Comment

Black yukon found abandoned, meaning perps are now out of containment and mobile. Possible additional accomplices to provide second car which there very likely was.

You have a SB sheriff SWAT team training nearby at the time and responded immediately and yet gunmen killed dozens and got away.

They also knew the exact target which was a county worker's event using that facility for the Christmas event.

So you have military style equipment, planning, execution.

San Bernardino government county offices on lock down.

All San Bernardino city schools on lockdown.

In my estimation ongoing terror attack just jumped to the top of the list of possibilities.
          Last edited by citanon; 02 Dec 15,, 22:53.

Comment

Latest official report is 14 dead and 14 plus wounded.

Seems like the perps targeted a specific location.

They are armed with long guns (some say AK47, others saw just high powered rifles).

My thoughts are the exact opposite of citanon's...if this was a terrorist incident in the classic sense, why not just spray and pray where there are most people congregated?

Why target a specific room?

Curious

Comment

Regardless of whether it's a terror attack or not, I'm about tired of seeing these despicable acts on my news feed on a regular basis. Hope we catch the perps.
              "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                Latest official report is 14 dead and 14 plus wounded.

Why target a specific room?

Curious
                County employees were having their annual christmas party in that particular room at that particular time. That was the SINGLE room on that building that lets them kill large numbers of people very quickly.

Shooting took "minutes". These guys knew EXACTLY what they were doing.
                Last edited by citanon; 02 Dec 15,, 23:32.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                  County employees were having their annual christmas party in that particular room at that particular time. That was the SINGLE room on that building that lets them kill large numbers of people very quickly.

Shooting took "minutes". These guys knew EXACTLY what they were doing.
                  Yeah...that's what I'm saying.

If this was a terrorist incident in the classic sense, he/they wouldn't have gone looking for that specific room.

I'm thinking a disgruntled worker who works for that county office.

Sheriff's office keeps using the word, "shooters" but there are more reports of witnesses saying they only saw one gunman, and if there is only one, the disgruntled worker theory seems more plausibe.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    Yeah...that's what I'm saying.

If this was a terrorist incident in the classic sense, he/they wouldn't have gone looking for that specific room.

I'm thinking a disgruntled worker who works for that county office.
                    Or it could have just been good planning. If the shooter(s) did not pick that gathering he/they could not have gotten away quickly while killing so many.

Pre-knowledge of county worker's gathering is a definite clue, but it was probably widely known, so I don't think it rules out a terrorist attack.

Comment

Or it could have just been good planning. If the shooter(s) did not pick that gathering he/they could not have gotten away quickly while killing so many.

Pre-knowledge of county worker's gathering is a definite clue, but it was probably widely known, so I don't think it rules out a terrorist attack.
                      The target doesn't fit the profile of a "terror" attack. It's a state government location for social services. It doesn't frighten the general public. The victims are not random enough. I'd say this is a work place violence incident, just like Fort Hood shooting.

Comment

Looks like they got them. Police just got into a gun battle with 2, possibly 3 suspects in black SUV. 1 guy down on the street. One probably still in the SUV

Comment

Well as John Kerry pointed out, he thought unlike the Hebdo massacre the latest Paris killings had no legitimacy, sorry, rationale. Why should these ones?
                          One suspect named by those listening to police scanners is an employee of the building, either Farooq Saeed or Saeed Farouq. The police radio stated he was acting suspiciously prior to the attack and may have enabled entrance for the others to the building. FBI are now saying it 'may' be terrorist related. What appears to be two bomb disposal units are operating, one at the site of the shooting, (this has been described as a probable bomb) the other at a Richmond address, not the address from where the road pursuit began.
                          Hilary Clinton and president Obama have both already classified it as workplace violence and called for gun control, Donald Trump has simply tweeted he'll be have a moment of silence for the victims at his next rally.
                          Last edited by Parihaka; 03 Dec 15,, 03:55.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

San Bernardino shooting live updates: Syed Farook named as a suspect in attack that killed 14
                            http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ed-farook.html

Syed Farook is one of three suspected gunmen who attacked a center for the disabled, killing 14 and injuring more on Wednesday.

CORONA, CALIFORNIA — Law enforcement officials have identified Syed Farook as one of the suspected shooters who attacked a center for the disabled in San Bernardino, California, according to NBC News. The Daily Beast has learned that the police have just executed a search warrant at a Redlands, California address—an address that belongs to Farook’s family.

Police pursued a car leaving from the Redlands address, Chief Jarrod Baraugan said at a Wednesday evening press conference. A male and female suspect were inside the car, and both of them have been killed. Both of the suspects were armed with assault rifles and handguns, Baraugan said. Police have apprehended a third man, but have not identified his relation to the attacks yet.

An eyewitness at the Inland Regional Center, where gunmen killed 14 and wounded at least 18 more, told police he saw a man leaving a meeting of county employees this morning, looking nervous. Poice officers named Syed Farook as that man in their radio communications. At approximately 11 a.m., at least two people entered the center and opened fire.

Farook, who also went by his middle name, Raheel, was a business taxes representative for the California State Board of Equalization, according to his LinkedIn profile. He is a 2003 graduate La Sierra High School, and most recently studied finance at California State University Fullerton until 2013.

Records show Farook bought a two bedroom Corona home in March 2014. Farouk’s social media profile shows he is married and has at least one young child. His wife did not return messages left on Wednesday.

Farook lived at a home with his wife and children in Corona, California. The Daily Beast knocked on the home's door and was met by a man who said, “My name is Farook.” When asked if he knew Sayed, the man said, “Of course I know him but I have nothing to say.” When asked about Syed being named as a suspect, he said, “I have nothing to say.”

Behind Farook, was a brightly lit home with low-slung sectional couches and boxes for appliances. The smell of basmati rice cooking came wafting through the door. A set of womens sandals sat outside of the security door.

Five minutes after he answered the door, Farook got into a white car and drove away, answering questions again with, “I have nothing to say.”

The Daily Beast contacted Farooq's sister, Saira Khan, by phone on Wednesday shortly after the shooting. She said the media was jumping to conclusions on identifying the suspect and said that her brother was at work. Khan said she would try to get in touch with her brother and pass along his contact information.

Nothing conclusive yet so let's not jump to conclusions.
                            Last edited by citanon; 03 Dec 15,, 04:20.

Comment

What I found interesting is 3 lone-wolf style workplace violence happening at the same time and place. I wonder why these attackers who obviously did not know each other didn't shoot each other?

Comment

Working...
                              X