Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: Armed Confrontation Between China and India

  1. #31
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,598
    Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    bf,

    somehow you assume that india does not understand counter-balance and you feel appropriate to respond by trolling my comments and negate it as "my" worldview.
    All I assume is that I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. I am clearly not the only one. That is not 'trolling', it is a result of your inability or unwillingness to explain your statements and your penchant for wandering off on tangents. I remain no wiser on the issue of 'checking India' or why the US wants to see it weakened. Again, I'm not alone here.


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

  2. #32
    Senior Contributor anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Sep 12
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella View Post
    All I assume is that I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.
    I can see that

    I am clearly not the only one.
    Who? Your internet buddies?

    That is not 'trolling', it is a result of your inability or unwillingness to explain your statements and your penchant for wandering off on tangents.
    Off course, off the tangent!!

    Like the time when a USS enterprise showed up near the indian coast... for a war between india-pakistan? haha that's really off fuckin tangent go tell the yanks they were "off the tangent" lol

    I remain no wiser on the issue of 'checking India' or why the US wants to see it weakened. Again, I'm not alone here.
    You should put that question to the US politicians. Her pointless obsession with russia has compelled her to divide the world into two stupid camps(with us or against us BS) that has no real purpose for humanity other than to satisfy a power hungry adolescent civilization(if it even qualifies to be called that) because of her paranoia driven primarily by the nature of her existence.
    Last edited by anil; 25 Nov 15, at 12:09.

  3. #33
    Military Professional Deltacamelately's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Sep 07
    Posts
    1,669
    Anil,

    India is not an ally of the US. We currently don't bring anything worthwhile to the table for being that, nor does the US feels any compulsion to kick and drag India to its camp. This being said .... US India relationships are naturally going to be shaped in a manner, that military dealings will eventually become a compulsion. Russia and Indian friendship has been very good and dandy, but the relevant time has long passed by. Also the Russians and us too, don'tn have a very good people to people interaction and mutual respect for that matter.
    And on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

  4. #34
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,598
    Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    I can see that
    Yet you do nothing to explain yourself

    Off course, off the tangent!!

    Like the time when a USS enterprise showed up near the indian coast... for a war between india-pakistan? haha that's really off fuckin tangent go tell the yanks they were "off the tangent" lol
    So now you want to talk about nineteen seventy fucking one. Really? Were you even born then? The US didn't attack you and you won the war. Have a fucking whinge. if your nation is still making judgements based on that then you are more royally fucked than anything my darkest imagination can bring forth.

    Vietnam is hosting US ships & pushing for closer ties after millions dead and you are bitching about a fucking carrier group 44 years ago.


    You should put that question to the US politicians. Her pointless obsession with russia has compelled her to divide the world into two stupid camps(with us or against us BS) that has no real purpose for humanity other than to satisfy a power hungry adolescent civilization(if it even qualifies to be called that) because of her paranoia driven primarily by the nature of her existence.
    Looks like I judged you correctly early on. All tip, no iceberg. You really don't have a clue. I'll keep it in mind before I waste any more of my time.

    Oh, and that 'adolescent civilization' has achieved basic, fundamental things for its people that your ancient one will still be waiting for when we are all dead. Civilizations exist only in the present, everything else is nice relics, impressive buildings, interesting stories & bullshit. To borrow a quote from a famous American philosopher "what have you done for me lately?".


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

  5. #35
    Senior Contributor anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Sep 12
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    778
    The year is irrelevant. Whether the cold war has ended or not is irrelevant. The fact is the US-russian rivalry is still continuing. The other imp fact is the US still plays its counter-balance bullshit is the middle-east, south asia, SE-asia and every fucking place it thinks is important to secure its existence. So you can stop pointing me out the year and how old that is in history.

    wrt counter-balance, you think we don't understand where pakistan gets its manhood from? You think we don't understand that china provokes us at the LOC because it understands that our relationship with the US is chequered?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella View Post
    if your nation is still making judgements based on that then you are more royally fucked than anything my darkest imagination can bring forth.
    take your threats and shove it

    im done
    Last edited by anil; 25 Nov 15, at 15:39.

  6. #36
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,371
    Where does Russia come into this thread? Does nobody wants to learn or move on? Nobody ever thinks of indulging Sir OOE and learn from his experiences? What a waste.

  7. #37
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    The year is irrelevant. Whether the cold war has ended or not is irrelevant. The fact is the US-russian rivalry is still continuing. The other imp fact is the US still plays its counter-balance bullshit is the middle-east, south asia, SE-asia and every fucking place it thinks is important to secure its existence. So you can stop pointing me out the year and how old that is in history.

    wrt counter-balance, you think we don't understand where pakistan gets its manhood from? You think we don't understand that china provokes us at the LOC because it understands that our relationship with the US is chequered?


    take your threats and shove it

    im done
    Why do you do this in every thread? Every thread you jump into gets hijacked.

  8. #38
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltacamelately View Post
    Anil,

    India is not an ally of the US. We currently don't bring anything worthwhile to the table for being that, nor does the US feels any compulsion to kick and drag India to its camp. This being said .... US India relationships are naturally going to be shaped in a manner, that military dealings will eventually become a compulsion. Russia and Indian friendship has been very good and dandy, but the relevant time has long passed by. Also the Russians and us too, don'tn have a very good people to people interaction and mutual respect for that matter.
    Like Colonel.

  9. #39
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltacamelately View Post
    Anil,

    India is not an ally of the US. We currently don't bring anything worthwhile to the table for being that, nor does the US feels any compulsion to kick and drag India to its camp. This being said .... US India relationships are naturally going to be shaped in a manner, that military dealings will eventually become a compulsion. Russia and Indian friendship has been very good and dandy, but the relevant time has long passed by. Also the Russians and us too, don'tn have a very good people to people interaction and mutual respect for that matter.
    Col DCL,

    I would like to add a point to this:

    US and India may not be technically allies, but there is a huger amount of people to people and B2B contact as well as sharing of cultural content. In the long term that is a stronger alliance than a government to government treaty. India and Russia does not have that people to people contact, its more of a transactional relationship now (even counting the occasional pats-in-the-back at the UNSC)
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

  10. #40
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    take your threats and shove it

    im done
    Where was the threat in that statement?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

  11. #41
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    Col DCL,

    I would like to add a point to this:

    US and India may not be technically allies, but there is a huger amount of people to people and B2B contact as well as sharing of cultural content. In the long term that is a stronger alliance than a government to government treaty. India and Russia does not have that people to people contact, its more of a transactional relationship now (even counting the occasional pats-in-the-back at the UNSC)
    England and Ireland.
    Chimo

  12. #42
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,579
    Side-note:
    The substantial business contact with India does not seem to engender positive feelings. Speaking as an accountant, who deals with India rather extensively (daily/hourly).

    However, that's partly on the US side, because the US business culture is obnoxiously terrible in a lot of respects that we do not normally recognize. Unfortunately a lot of Americans do not have enough introspection to say "what are we doing wrong?"

    On-topic:
    Geopolitics are rarely straight-forward. The US has aligned interests with nations on some issues, and divergent interests on other issues. If your concern is that we arm Pakistan, that's fair, but keep in mind that the US also arms Egypt, a frenemy of Israel, and provided AWACS to Saudi Arabia above Israeli objections.

    Expecting total alignment means disappointment. Unfortunately, because of the way geopolitics works out, more to your detriment than America's.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

  13. #43
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    15 Dec 06
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Doesn't help when they don't have the instructors who knows how to fight a 6 month submarine campaign and their subs spend more time in dock than they do out at sea.
    They're expanding their submarine force. I assume they'll be doing whatever they can to remedy the crew inadequacies you speak of too. Otherwise it makes no sense to invest so much in their submarines, especially if they eventually want to go toe-to-toe with the USN if need be.

    They have the capability. Only question is if it can actually work. The Indian navy is critically short of submarines. But it does have decent ASW assets which can make life difficult for the Chinese.

    Captain Lemontree, you are right that the naval engagement would be a sideshow to the battle in the Himalayas, but if they can actually blockade all our ports successfully and we start running low on supplies, that sideshow will become much more of a problem for us than fighting on the land border.

  14. #44
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    06 Aug 03
    Posts
    29,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    They're expanding their submarine force. I assume they'll be doing whatever they can to remedy the crew inadequacies you speak of too. Otherwise it makes no sense to invest so much in their submarines, especially if they eventually want to go toe-to-toe with the USN if need be.
    You're missing the main point of Chinese military doctrine and that is to deter. Deterrence, not warfighting, is their main goal.

    They DO NOT want to go toe-to-toe with the USN. They just want to deter the USN from being determined to do so.
    Chimo

  15. #45
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,579
    How do you judge the overall state and direction of Chinese-Indian relations? The Think Tank seems to be stretching hard to suggest a chance of actual conflict, and the most they suggest is "well, if multiple things all go wrong at once, yeah, they might start shooting each other."

    I cannot imagine either infringing on the waters of the other and I cannot imagine any naval dispute between the two will not have the US as the big dog anyways.

    Apparently both sides are scaling up their Himalayan operations, but I still cannot imagine that becoming a major issue.

    If I were China, my major concern would be Indian WMDs, particularly the nuclear and missile programs, and that would be a long-term concern and much less pressing than anything in the South China Sea.

    How far off am I?
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. In the event of China declaring war on India, which country would be helping India?
    By siddharth in forum International Defense and Terrorism Topics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 17 Jun 11,, 09:05
  2. Pictures of China's new Armed Helicopter WZ-19 release
    By Tomluter in forum Military Aviation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31 Jan 11,, 10:16
  3. Veering Between Conciliation and Confrontation
    By Shek in forum International Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08 Sep 06,, 22:26

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •