Terrorist attacks in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist attacks in Paris

Dude, I'm in Paris right now and wondering what all the commotion was about with all the police cars and ambulances driving by. Turns out there was/were shooting(s) with at least 11 killed. Supposedly there were 2 explosions heard near the shooting site.

Don't worry, I'm an American and am used to shootings.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

It looks bad from what I hear on the radio.

Watch your ass, dude.

Comment

I'd suggest you don't make jokes that involve Allah Akbar :D .Though I hear of the incident right now,as I'm typing.
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Local news reports now 40 dead with 100 taken hostage at the concert hall. I'm less than a mile away from the shooting scene and probably walking outside as it went on.

Comment

Seems like they are doing the same thing as in Mumbai

Comment

News reports Les Halles shopping mall was attacked. That's 1/2 mile from me.

Comment

You can be sure the media will not report it in the way described in this vid, which also in a way applies to terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-D3YoW3Hxg

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
                You can be sure the media will not report it in the way described in this vid, which also in a way applies to terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-D3YoW3Hxg
                Yeah but that makes too much sense and doesn't make money.

Comment

stay safe, gunnut!
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    stay safe, gunnut!
                    I will.

TV now showing lots of French CT surrounding the concert hall.

Border is shut down. French military mobilized. Curfew on the street. Looks like I have to survive on macaroons and scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                      I will.

TV now showing lots of French CT surrounding the concert hall.

Border is shut down. French military mobilized. Curfew on the street. Looks like I have to survive on macaroons and scotch.
                      stay safe dude. macaroons kill too. first they take your masculinity, then they take your wasteline, and finally they get to your arteries...

Comment

french ct are apparently storming the hall as terrorists are executing hostages.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                          french ct are apparently storming the hall as terrorists are executing hostages.
                          Local news reports the operation at the concert hall is over and 2 terrorists are dead.

Comment

Some "analyst" on Sky News says "we don't know who or what may have inspired these attacks. We don't know if they are domestic activities or from without."

Seriously?

I'll give you one guess.

Comment

Mayor of Paris saying 118 dead so far. Final toll will be more. Bloody awful.
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                              X