No announcement yet.

Terrorist attacks in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will really put pressure on obama to ramp up operations vs IS.

Questions, such as why aren't Reapers flying over raqqa and Mosul 24/7 driving the fear of god into the savages with Hellfire and Gorgon Stare, will be asked.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't a conspiracy theory spreading in the middle east saying this attack was an inside job perpetrated by the French to create an excuse to not let any more "refugees" in.

You heard it here first, folks.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I was just outside on the streets. People are going about their daily business. But the streets do look less crowded than I imagined they would be. People seemed more subdued at the supermarket I went to. All museums are closed. I guess I'll stay in today and take it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          I'm surprised there isn't a conspiracy theory spreading in the middle east saying this attack was an inside job perpetrated by the French to create an excuse to not let any more "refugees" in.

They did that already with that video of ISIS convoy and the apache low flyby.

Comment

Completely speechless. I can't possibly imagine the horror those victims experienced.

Stay safe gunnut.
            "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

This really shocked me, I have relatives in Paris. Panicked a bit until we could call them.
              Very sad to see that Mumbai style atrocities are now part of life in Europe.

Like Tbmfan said in another thread, good luck Germany you're going to need it.
              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

RIP all the slain , Pat Condell once again nails it , ohhhhh and ps , on tuesday the UK is flying plane loads of "refugees" into Glasgow , just how many will be genuine refugees ????? And as for merkel and her welcome here in germany policy ,,now what cos sure as shits shit its coming there and in the UK ,,,,,,,,,,,, again .

https://youtu.be/rIcltV7r-nM
                Last edited by tankie; 14 Nov 15,, 14:46.

Comment

Yea, they are turning Europe into Kosovo during 60'es and 70'es, because same thing happened to us than with the well known outcome later on. Leftist have " the thing" for Islam.
                  Last edited by Versus; 14 Nov 15,, 15:00.

Comment

Stay strong, France!

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    OMG! RIP. News says 140 killed. Gunnut stay safe mate. Seems a repeat of Mumbai 2008.
                    True. The attacks were defeated faster, but the damage seems to be on the same order of magnitude. Maybe we underestimated the positive that the Mumbai Police and the Navy's MARCOS did the first day in containing the situation, and overestimated the negative of the delays in NSG deployment?

Comment

let's keep this thread on topic please. if you want to talk about immigration, do so on another thread.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

One reporter said he talked to a woman on the street and the woman said "the answer is not to shut down the streets; we should hug those who are born here but maybe felt they are not accepted by the society."

Yes, I agree. If we all convert to islam then there will be no violence. Just like if we ban alcohol and guns then there would be no crime.

Why is it that the burden is on us, the host nation, to "understand and accept" immigrants but the immigrants never have to "understand and accept" us, their gracious hosts?

Comment

I believe the Charles de Gaulle is heading back to the Middle East. I wouldn't be surprised if Hollande ordered her to empty her magazines, refill them and empty them again.

That was my first thought. Even with all the evidence AND the IS claiming responsibility...you'll still have people there and here claiming "false flag".
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Why is it that the burden is on us, the host nation, to "understand and accept" immigrants but the immigrants never have to "understand and accept" us, their gracious hosts?
                            It's not quite as clear cut as that. What IS wants is precisely the marginalization of Muslim populations in the West, so they can capitalize on potential gains in recruiting. It would equally be in our interest to combat xenophobia and foster mutual understanding in our societies as much targeting IS on the ground.

Otherwise, an unchecked advancement of the "Muslims are evil" narrative will only lead to the most unfortunate of self fulfilling prophecies.

Comment

It's going there anyway.Mathematics don't lie.
                              Those who know don't speak
                              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                                I believe the Charles de Gaulle is heading back to the Middle East. I wouldn't be surprised if Hollande ordered her to empty her magazines, refill them and empty them again.
                                Send'em all to meet their maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X