Terrorist attacks in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monash View Post
    In theory you could send the the active shooters/suicide bombers into Europe hidden amongst the current refugee arrivals. They are after all disposable 'assets' with a very finite life expectancy. On the other hand your quartermaster, surveillance and planning teams (if they exist) would need to be long term residents in order to set the operation up and they are not disposable assets, not if you mean to launch additional attacks at a later date.

As long as the suicide team is given dates/times and locations to RV they don't even have to know much if anything about the Op. In fact it's better if they don't since the chief planners/provocateurs can't be sure one or more of the idiots they've selected for the OP is on someones watch list or not - and having even one attacker picked up in advance would cruel everything if it turned out they knew what and when they were supposed to be attacking. As a bonus using 'refugees' for the attack would mean you could send people who have already been well trained in the use of automatic weapons, explosives and grenades etc in a war zone unlike 'local' recruits who can't easily be trained up without risking exposure. IS and its affiliates would be as well aware as we are that several Ops using local volunteers have failed in the past to cause the casualties expected because the would-be terrorist involved didn't know how to use the weapon he's been provided with.

All the above is speculation on may part, sadly time will tell whether it was locals or imports who were used for this atrocity.

My speculation runs in the same direction as yours.
    Last edited by MIKEMUN; 14 Nov 15,, 05:54. Reason: grammar.
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

The politics of rivalry - Can you do the same to their citizens?

Moral dilemma is one sided in this era of globalization.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
        In theory you could send the the active shooters/suicide bombers into Europe hidden amongst the current refugee arrivals. They are after all disposable 'assets' with a very finite life expectancy. On the other hand your quartermaster, surveillance and planning teams (if they exist) would need to be long term residents in order to set the operation up and they are not disposable assets, not if you mean to launch additional attacks at a later date.

As long as the suicide team is given dates/times and locations to RV they don't even have to know much if anything about the Op. In fact it's better if they don't since the chief planners/provocateurs can't be sure one or more of the idiots they've selected for the OP is on someones watch list or not - and having even one attacker picked up in advance would cruel everything if it turned out they knew what and when they were supposed to be attacking. As a bonus using 'refugees' for the attack would mean you could send people who have already been well trained in the use of automatic weapons, explosives and grenades etc in a war zone unlike 'local' recruits who can't easily be trained up without risking exposure. IS and its affiliates would be as well aware as we are that several Ops using local volunteers have failed in the past to cause the casualties expected because the would-be terrorist involved didn't know how to use the weapon he's been provided with.

All the above is speculation on may part, sadly time will tell whether it was locals or imports who were used for this atrocity.
        Paris attack similar to Mumbai assault: Experts
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Damn we really need the like button back.

Anyways, while a whole level of obscene lower than the Salon piece, Pam Geller starts frothing from the right
          http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...s-a-bloodbath/
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

F man, so many lives taken, may France and her citizens find courage to face this.

This feels just like the when news about attach on Mumbai started coming in, i remember the panic, the calls to family and friends in Mumbai, the anger, the sadness.

such is the world we live in.

Comment

According to some alleged eyewitness report on the BBC, at least one of the attackers displayed what could be termed as an adequate level of training. Firing in bursts of 3 to 4 bullets at a time. Switching targets as soon as the previous one is down. I don't know how true it is though.
              "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

That's easy to achieve.The most retarded can do it in 2 weeks.
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Mumbai attack was an ISI operation to achieve set goals, All people involved in Mumbai attack are known and will die natural deaths, with US being the only nation prosecuting anyone.
                  Similarity is their as these are both major cities, and multiple places were chosen.

Comment

France: terror strikes again

http://www.bbc.com/news

http://edition.cnn.com/

This is getting very very serious.

My condolences to the victims.

Comment

R.I.P.
                      Apparently French police is not as efficient and accurate as German police, otherwise Kato's dreams would be shattered.... Let's see how long Germany is safe for experimenting. Hope this never repeats anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by popillol View Post
                        R.I.P.
                        Apparently French police is not as efficient and accurate as German police, otherwise Kato's dreams would be shattered.... Let's see how long Germany is safe for experimenting. Hope this never repeats anywhere.
                        I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Local news says the terrorists in the theater either blew themselves up next to the hostages or tossed explosives at the hostages when they saw police attacking. That's why the body count was so high. French police mounted an assault in less than 3 hours after the hostages were taken. I thought that was a pretty fast reaction time. They had enough men, equipment, and intel to make that decision.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          Dude, I'm in Paris right now and wondering what all the commotion was about with all the police cars and ambulances driving by. Turns out there was/were shooting(s) with at least 11 killed. Supposedly there were 2 explosions heard near the shooting site.

Don't worry, I'm an American and am used to shootings.
                          I hope you are ok, I was quite shocked but not surprised with this one, sorry for doubling the topic.

Comment

It appears that "civil" counter reaction was equally fast. Refugee camp near Cale was set on fire as news of the attacks spread.

https://twitter.com/sekielski/status/665326378322034689/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Comment

This was well planned and executed, I mean soccer game, night club, fast food,restaurants all public places, all levels of social activity from heavy metal band to President Oland attending the soccer game. Also different methods, from hostages and suicide bombers to drive by shooting. Maximum impact, as no one is meant to feel safe, either standing in one place and ordering pizza or walking down the street, or attending events in large groups such as soccer game and especially ones with maximum security.
                              Last edited by Versus; 14 Nov 15,, 10:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Versus View Post
                                It appears that "civil" counter reaction was equally fast. Refugee camp near Cale was set on fire as news of the attacks spread.

https://twitter.com/sekielski/status/665326378322034689/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
                                Apparently it is a coincidence. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-attack.html

Still, this kind of "retaliation" should probably be expected...

Comment

Working...
                                X