Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry, No Aliens! The Navy Test Fires Trident Missile Off The Coast Of California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, No Aliens! The Navy Test Fires Trident Missile Off The Coast Of California

Had a pretty cool light show out here in California Saturday evening:

Sorry, No Aliens! The Navy Test Fires Trident Missile Off The Coast Of California

Reports flooded in today stating that the warning areas off the coast of Southern California—around the Navy’s Pacific Missile Range—would be activated, causing noise issues associated with re-routed LAX operations. Theories flew, some being totally absurd. In the end, it was exactly what it should have been—a Trident submarine-launched ballistic missile test.

San Francisco Photog Caught An Amazing Time Lapse Of Last Night's Missile Launch

I actually saw this Saturday evening on my way home from the foothills; at first, it looked like a helicopter with a spotlight, but I noticed it wasn't moving very fast (relatively speaking), and then it went out. Then I saw the vapor trail and the shock wave and realized it was a missile launch (we see these every once in a while out here on the West Coast, but they're usually launches from Vandenburg, not an SSBN). I told my wife it was a missile launch, and she didn't believe me until I showed her the newspaper article on Monday morning. It was pretty cool seeing a D5 launch; I estimate the missile was about 100 miles up when I saw it.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
    Had a pretty cool light show out here in California Saturday evening:

Sorry, No Aliens! The Navy Test Fires Trident Missile Off The Coast Of California...

Surely you must be mistaken in that. See the 'news' report below.

California Woman Finds Weird Alien Creature

November 10, 2015
    Faux News

California Woman Finds Corpse Of ‘Alien Creature’ In Her Backyard — Slimy Pink Creature Fell From California UFO, Alien Hunters Say.

Photos of a weird-looking, slimy, pink creature first uploaded to Facebook have sparked speculations online that aliens may have landed after a mysterious blue-white “UFO” light appeared in the skies over Southern California. A California woman claimed she found the mysterious creature in her backyard just after the UFO sighting on Saturday that spread panic in Los Angeles.

San Jose, California, resident, Gianna Peponis posted the image to her Facebook page, claiming that just after the “UFO” sighting on Saturday night, she heard a scream in her backyard at about 11:30 a.m. She went outside and found the corpse of a mysterious slimy pink creature.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40491[/ATTACH]

“I wasn’t gonna post this,” she said, “but I can’t stop trying to figure out wtf this thing is. I heard something scream at like 11.30 last night and went out on my side yard and found this thing. It was dead when I found it…”

After Peponis posted images of the “creature” to Facebook, they were reposted to Reddit with the caption, “Friend found this outside her house. WTF indeed.”

Redditors held a prolonged debate session, trying to guess what the creature might be. Many said it was “clearly an alien,” an “alien infant,” or an “alien facehugger.”

Alien and UFO enthusiasts did not waste time linking the timing with the sighting of the “mysterious bright blue light UFO” over California, saying that the creature was a dead alien astronaut that dropped from the UFO as it crashed to Earth after streaking across Southern California skies on Saturday.

UFO Sightings Daily editor Scott Waring said, “This odd creature is a newborn and was found right after the giant blue UFO shot across the California sky. Its widely known that aliens have in the past done experiments with human/alien hybrids. This could be a failed experiment of that.”

UFO enthusiasts accused the government of a cover-up, saying that the bright light cone was actually an alien UFO and that the slimy corpse in the California backyard was the proof.

“In Southern California everybody noticed a bright weird light. The government tried to tell everybody it’s a testing of a missile launching. And now ppl in San Jose, CA are seeing dead aliens laying around and Facebook deleting it every time somebody mentions it.”

Some alien hunters accused Facebook of helping the government to cover up evidence that aliens were falling from the California UFO by deleting photos of aliens found dead and uploaded to the social media.

“This came from the UFO in California!”

“It’s clearly an alien.”

“This came from the UFO in California!”

“This is going around facebook as the alien from Saturday’s UFO.”

“Definitely a facehugger.”

Others suggested it could be a mutant beast or a cryptid.

“A chupacabra for sure!”

“I don’t know what the **** that is. If your friend is brave enough to remove it from their property, remind them to salt the ground afterwards. Nothing good can ever happen there now.”

{snip}

Sorry... I saw it listed on Google 'news', and could not resist the humor in posting it here.

With all of the money Google is raking in, it would seem they could afford to staff a small competent news desk to review the stories linked in their Google News section instead of their current collection of links to stories of excessively variable merit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JRT; 11 Nov 15,, 16:01.

Comment

Congrats to Vice Admiral Terry J. Benedict and all of SSP.
      Well deserved, again.

Members of Congress, USSTRATCOM commander observe missile launch from ballistic missile submarine

Story Number: NNS151109-13
      Release Date: 11/9/2015 10:02:00 PM
      From USSTRATCOM Public Affairs Office

Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. (NNS) -- Members of Congress and the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) commander were aboard the USS Kentucky when the U.S. Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) conducted a successful test flight of a Trident II D5 Missile, Nov. 7, 2015, to obtain valid reliability, accuracy and performance factors for use by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and USSTRATCOM.

The unarmed test missile was launched as part of a Demonstration and Shakedown Operations (DASO) from the USS Kentucky, an Ohio Class ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), in the Pacific Test Range off the coast of Southern California. The primary objective of a DASO is to demonstrate the readiness of a SSBN's crew and weapon system. This launch marked the 156th successful test flight of the Trident II (D5) missile conducted by SSP since 1989.

"A credible, effective nuclear deterrent is essential to our national security and the security of U.S. allies and friends," said Adm. Cecil D. Haney, USSTRATCOM commander, who monitored the test from the USS Kentucky (SSBN 737).

Admiral Haney stated that "strategic weapons tests demonstrate the readiness of our nation's nuclear triad and serve to assure our allies and deter our potential adversaries." He went on to say that exercises, weapons tests and operations are an important part of validating that our deterrence forces are capable 24/7.

Also witnessing the test was a congressional delegation including Sen. Joe Donnelly (Indiana), Rep. Stephen Womack (Arkansas), Rep. Pete Visclosky (Indiana), Rep. Jackie Walorski (Indiana), Rep. Larry Bucshon (Indiana) and professional staff members from Senate and House subcommittees.

"I'm thrilled that some of our congressional members were able to take the time to witness this test and to see firsthand the professional and dedicated submariners conducting the strategic deterrence mission, as well as the team of professionals supporting the test," said Haney.

Haney encouraged the observers to share their experience with their colleagues and others as he discussed the importance of strategic deterrence for our nation today, and for tomorrow's future.

The triad, the U.S. strategic nuclear forces of ballistic missile submarines, intercontinental ballistic missiles, bombers and the tankers that refuel them, along with intelligence, sensing capabilities, national nuclear command, control and communications, altogether comprise the primary deterrent of nuclear attacks against the U.S., our allies, and partners.

The U.S. Navy supports USSTRATCOM's strategic deterrence missions by operating and maintaining Ohio-class ballistic missile submarines, the most survivable leg of the triad, to deter regional and strategic threats. The weapon system is a critical element that underpins U.S. national security.

"It is safe, secure, effective and ready today, but the platform is aging and in need of replacement. I look forward to continued progress on the Ohio Replacement Program to ensure the nation has this capability well into the future to continue providing security for America and our allies," Haney said.

"Ensuring our nation's strategic forces have the resources they need, are trained to the highest standards, and are ready to perform their critical mission remains one of the most important priorities I hold as an elected official," Walorski said. "I want to thank the brave men and women who serve in our submarine and strategic forces communities, your quiet sacrifices, often absent from any headlines, protect the freedoms that all Americans enjoy. We are forever grateful for your service."

U.S. Navy's SSP conducted another successful test flight - the 157th - of a Trident II D5 Missile, Nov. 9. The unarmed test missile was also launched as part of a DASO from the USS Kentucky in the Pacific Test Range off the coast of Southern California. Haney and the congressional members, however, were not on board.

One of nine DoD unified combatant commands, USSTRATCOM has global strategic missions, assigned through the Unified Command Plan, which include strategic deterrence; space operations; cyberspace operations; joint electronic warfare; global strike; missile defense; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; combating weapons of mass destruction; and analysis and targeting.

For more information, contact the USSTRATCOM Public Affairs Office at 402-294-4130 or [email protected], or visit www.stratcom.mil.
      Last edited by JRT; 12 Nov 15,, 13:22.

Comment

Working...
      X