Who Should Play The Next James Bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should Play The Next James Bond?

With Daniel Craig most likely having his last go at playing international super-spy James Bond in this years , who should play the next James Bond? There are several likely candidates being bandied about on the Internet; here are (in my opinion) the most likely choices:

1. Henry Cavill

2. Idris Elba

3. Luke Evans

4. Michael Fassbender

5. Tom Hardy

6. Damien Lewis

My personal favorite is Henry Cavill, especially after having seen him in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.; but I understand he's not the odds-on favorite to win the role at the moment (I think Damien Lewis is, at this point).

Idris Elbe is one of the odds-on favorite to win the role as of right now; it would be interesting to have a Bond who is, to put it delicately, a "man of color". Most of you (at least I do) know him as Heimdall from the last two Thor movies with Chris Hemsworth.

Another long-shot who could probably do the role justice is Luke Evans; he managed to carry last year's "Dracula Untold" almost by himself, and is slated to (possibly) play that role again in a sequel.

Michael Fassbender is another top-of-the-list possibility; he certainly has the acting chops and the range to carry the role.

Tom Hardy is another versatile actor that could definitely play the role, but rumor has it he's not interested in the job.

Damien Lewis has suddenly shot to the top of the "most likely candidate" list; I haven't seen him in much besides his (much earlier) Alex Rider: Stormbreaker, but he strikes me as a very competent and versatile actor.

Who else might be able to carry this off?
    Henry Cavill
    50.00%
    Idris Elba
    0.00%
    Luke Evans
    25.00%
    Michael Fassbender
    25.00%
    Tom Hardy
    0.00%
    Damien Lewis
    0.00%
    Last edited by Stitch; 06 Nov 15,, 21:43.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

I hear Barack Obama will be on the market next year.

Comment

Karl Urban
      John Hamm
      Jamie Bell
      Rupert Friend
      Last edited by Parihaka; 07 Nov 15,, 00:37.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Sean Connery.

Comment

I think the Donald make a perfect Bond. Plus every time he kills the villain, he can say: "You're fired!"

If that doesn't work maybe Benedict Cumberbatch?

Comment

I should've known better than to post a semi-serious thread on the WAB! It's either incredibly dense and detailed around here, or completely off-the-rockers silly, no in-between . . .
            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Angelena Jolie.

Well, why not?
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

I feel Fassbender would be wasted on such a role. Hardy would be my choice.
                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Hahaha , good Q , I propose camoron , he lives in a fantasy world surrounded by villains with merkel as miss funnyfanny ,,,,,,,,,

But on a serious note ,, B Cumberbatch would be my choice .

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    Angelena Jolie.

Well, why not?
                    Too skinny nowadays. Scarlett Johansen
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      Too skinny nowadays. Scarlett Johansen
                      Jennifer Lawrence.

Comment

David Tennant

Comment

Karl Pilkington
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Benjamin Gross

Comment

Stephen Colbert
                              "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Working...
                              X