No announcement yet.

Who Should Play The Next James Bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm going all the way here: Crispin Glover!
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
      With Daniel Craig most likely having his last go at playing international super-spy James Bond in this years , who should play the next James Bond? There are several likely candidates being bandied about on the Internet; here are (in my opinion) the most likely choices:

1. Henry Cavill

2. Idris Elba

3. Luke Evans

4. Michael Fassbender

5. Tom Hardy

6. Damien Lewis

My personal favorite is Henry Cavill, especially after having seen him in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.; but I understand he's not the odds-on favorite to win the role at the moment (I think Damien Lewis is, at this point).

Idris Elbe is one of the odds-on favorite to win the role as of right now; it would be interesting to have a Bond who is, to put it delicately, a "man of color". Most of you (at least I do) know him as Heimdall from the last two Thor movies with Chris Hemsworth.

Another long-shot who could probably do the role justice is Luke Evans; he managed to carry last year's "Dracula Untold" almost by himself, and is slated to (possibly) play that role again in a sequel.

Michael Fassbender is another top-of-the-list possibility; he certainly has the acting chops and the range to carry the role.

Tom Hardy is another versatile actor that could definitely play the role, but rumor has it he's not interested in the job.

Damien Lewis has suddenly shot to the top of the "most likely candidate" list; I haven't seen him in much besides his (much earlier) Alex Rider: Stormbreaker, but he strikes me as a very competent and versatile actor.

Who else might be able to carry this off?
      1. Henry Cavill is too handsome for this role.

2. This is Ian Fleming's image of James Bond. Doesn't seem to be black. My opinion is to stick to the original narrative.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Fleming007impression.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1467857

3. Luke Evans is my # 1 from your list.

4. Michael Fassbender is a good choice too.

5. Tom Hardy is too big. Not fat, big.

6. Damien Lewis. Give the guy a shot at the auditions.

Stitch, apart from auditions, there is a custom made Bond dress that the last 2 guys would need to fit in. Whoever fits the best gets the role.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
        I hear Barack Obama will be on the market next year.
        Obama would have to wait. Man Mohan Singh is waiting since 2014. Color and all. :-)

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
        Sean Connery.
        His days of having fun are gone.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

2. This is Ian Fleming's image of James Bond. Doesn't seem to be black. My opinion is to stick to the original narrative.
          [ATTACH]40486[/ATTACH]
          Vinnie Jones

Comment

They should have an Archer episode where Archer gets cast to play James Bond.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

[ATTACH]40486[/ATTACH]
              Malfoy's dad comes to mind:

Name:	440px-Jason_Isaacs_2014.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1467858

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                Malfoy's dad comes to mind:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40488[/ATTACH]
                Jason Isaacs is an EXCELLENT actor! I remember him more from "Black Hawk Down" and "The Patriot" than anything else.

Another candidate I hadn't thought of until now, but is also an outstanding actor:

Name:	tumblr_inline_nko15yJ15T1sm6qbq.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1467859

PLUS, he's British!
                "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                X