Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021

Thread: Gun Control

Senior Contributor
    Yeah, Eric, your point does not correlate vis-a-vi semi-auto firearms.

Op-Ed: We have studied every mass shooting since 1966. Here’s what we’ve learned about the shooters
    Fourth, the shooters all had the means to carry out their plans. Once someone decides life is no longer worth living and that murdering others would be a proper revenge, only means and opportunity stand in the way of another mass shooting. Is an appropriate shooting site accessible? Can the would-be shooter obtain firearms? In 80% of school shootings, perpetrators got their weapons from family members, according to our data. Workplace shooters tended to use handguns they legally owned. Other public shooters were more likely to acquire them illegally.[/url]
    80% of school shootings were acquired from what family members had. They just happened to have AK47s/AR15s. If only a pistol was available, they use that ... and they did. Again, the majority of mass shootings were done with pistols. However, I do disagree with their definition of mass shootings. They prefer their basis of 4 or more people killed. My definition is more than one target whether the targets were hit or not. While this would increase the number of mass shootings, it would also bring the average number of people killed down. More people are wounded than killed and even more are missed.

A case of lies, damned lies, and statistics.
    Last edited by WABs_OOE; 10 Dec 19, at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Sorry, Eric, didn't see this. Again. The US DOES NOT have the lead on firearm fatalities, even amongst first world nations. Eastern Europe and parts of South America puts the US to shame.

Last I check, Mexico is a democracy and has a free trade pact with Canada and the US, ie interdependent economies, making it first world.

Also, NO, Canada DID NOT have similar rates of mass shootings up until 2000. The ACW alone put Canada to shame. The only other North American country who shared this violent past is Mexico. The Cartel Wars across South and Central America and Mexico is evidence of their violent nature.

However, your point is countered. There is nothing in the Canadian legal system that would have prevented the Las Vegas shooting. Assault type firearms are readily available in Canada and rubber band replacement for bump fire can be acquired at any office store.
    That's the most, um, "original" definition of first world I've ever seen outside of the Little Red Book.

“In my view, the United States and the Soviet Union form the first world. Japan, Europe and Canada, the middle section, belong to the second world. We are the third world.” “The third world has a huge population. With the exception of Japan, Asia belongs to the third world. The whole of Africa belongs to the third world, and Latin America too.”
    --Mao Zedong, Feb 1974
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    That's the most, um, "original" definition of first world I've ever seen outside of the Little Red Book.
    Oh Horse Pucky! The Cold War definitions were First World - NATO/ANZAC/Neutral. 2nd World - Warsaw Pact. Third World - every other non-Aligned/tin pot dictator on earth, including Mao Tse-Tung.

News Flash! Cold War ended and most of the Warsaw Pact had joined NATO and Mexico ain't a tin pot dictatorship.
    Last edited by WABs_OOE; 11 Dec 19, at 12:39.

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Eastern Europe and parts of South America puts the US to shame.
    Where in 'Eastern Europe'?

Naval Aviators endeavor to undo the castration of the American fighting man.
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...acola-shooting

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Where in 'Eastern Europe'?
    The UKR

Joe Biden reports gun violence since 2007 has claimed 150,000,000 American lives!
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...uns-since-2007

Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    Joe Biden reports gun violence since 2007 has claimed 150,000,000 American lives!
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...uns-since-2007

I don’t know where Joe Biden gets his numbers, but according to the source below, the number of gun deaths in America in 2007-18 was 373,657

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

And a huge part of that number is from suicides. Who needs politically backed doctor assisted suicide in the age of self home improvement?

Yes, I believe most would have known if half of the country was dead. I wish Biden well in his self noted US Senate run!
    Last edited by surfgun; 26 Feb 20, at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    And a huge part of that number is from suicides. Who needs politically backed doctor assisted suicide in the age of self home improvement?

Yes, I believe most would have known if half of the country was dead. I wish Biden well in his self noted US Senate run!
    Was there some part of “gun violence” that you didn't bother to try to understand?
    Admit it: you translated “gun violence” to “murder” (my guess: at the urging of your “source”), and instantly stopped thinking.
    Just swallow the Kool-aid...
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Firearms trade is an essential business.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-nationwide/

Thread Information