Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718

Thread: Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by citanon View Post
    I love how you use a trigger phrase as a catch-all to defend regulations that have problematic flaws and unintended consequences. It's quite an ingenious tactic.

Oh wait, it's not. It's the most hackneyed trick in the faux outrage political playbook.
    I love the knee-jerk reaction to any sensible proposal -- including ones backed by Trump and Ryan -- that even hints at moving firearms just a bit further out of reach of people who would abuse them.

And elsewhere, the trite "but, but, guns can be STOLEN, so ANY restrictions are bad."

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    I love the knee-jerk reaction to any sensible proposal -- including ones backed by Trump and Ryan -- that even hints at moving firearms just a bit further out of reach of people who would abuse them.

And elsewhere, the trite "but, but, guns can be STOLEN, so ANY restrictions are bad."
    Trump and Ryan support dealing with mental health issues, but this hastily assembled piece of regulation had issues that made it a poor attempt at not solving the problem.

If one were cynical one could almost suspect that it was a disingenuous attempt by the Obama administration to put up a tripwire to allow liberals to stoke the shock shock shock and "outrage" on its inevitable appeal just as you are doing now.

Nahh, Obama administration, cynical, disingenuous?? I'm being paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post

Define "sensible". Also explain how currently proposes laws will actually move firearms, "a bit out of reach of people who would abuse them". Finally, explain why you actually want people on the street knowing that they have and will again commit acts of violence.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by citanon View Post
    Trump and Ryan support dealing with mental health issues, but this hastily assembled piece of regulation had issues that made it a poor attempt at not solving the problem.

If one were cynical one could almost suspect that it was a disingenuous attempt by the Obama administration to put up a tripwire to allow liberals to stoke the shock shock shock and "outrage" on its inevitable appeal just as you are doing now.

Nahh, Obama administration, cynical, disingenuous?? I'm being paranoid.
    "hastily assembled piece of regulation..."

I suppose if the GOPers hadn't been wasting years trying to overturn Obamacare they might have got around to legislating on the issue. But, that might cost them some of that tasty NRA campaign money, so better to stick with the tried and tested obstructionism.

Thread Information