Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
    I love how you use a trigger phrase as a catch-all to defend regulations that have problematic flaws and unintended consequences. It's quite an ingenious tactic.

Oh wait, it's not. It's the most hackneyed trick in the faux outrage political playbook.
    I love the knee-jerk reaction to any sensible proposal -- including ones backed by Trump and Ryan -- that even hints at moving firearms just a bit further out of reach of people who would abuse them.

And elsewhere, the trite "but, but, guns can be STOLEN, so ANY restrictions are bad."
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
      I love the knee-jerk reaction to any sensible proposal -- including ones backed by Trump and Ryan -- that even hints at moving firearms just a bit further out of reach of people who would abuse them.

And elsewhere, the trite "but, but, guns can be STOLEN, so ANY restrictions are bad."
      Trump and Ryan support dealing with mental health issues, but this hastily assembled piece of regulation had issues that made it a poor attempt at not solving the problem.

If one were cynical one could almost suspect that it was a disingenuous attempt by the Obama administration to put up a tripwire to allow liberals to stoke the shock shock shock and "outrage" on its inevitable appeal just as you are doing now.

Nahh, Obama administration, cynical, disingenuous?? I'm being paranoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post

Define "sensible". Also explain how currently proposes laws will actually move firearms, "a bit out of reach of people who would abuse them". Finally, explain why you actually want people on the street knowing that they have and will again commit acts of violence.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
          Trump and Ryan support dealing with mental health issues, but this hastily assembled piece of regulation had issues that made it a poor attempt at not solving the problem.

If one were cynical one could almost suspect that it was a disingenuous attempt by the Obama administration to put up a tripwire to allow liberals to stoke the shock shock shock and "outrage" on its inevitable appeal just as you are doing now.

Nahh, Obama administration, cynical, disingenuous?? I'm being paranoid.
          "hastily assembled piece of regulation..."

I suppose if the GOPers hadn't been wasting years trying to overturn Obamacare they might have got around to legislating on the issue. But, that might cost them some of that tasty NRA campaign money, so better to stick with the tried and tested obstructionism.
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Reuters, Nov 12, 2019—

The US Supreme Court on Tuesday dealt a blow to the firearms industry, rejecting Remington Arms’ bid to escape a lawsuit by families of victims aiming to hold the gun maker liable for its marketing of the assault-style rifle used in the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre that killed 20 children and six adults.

The plaintiffs have argued that Remington bears some of the blame for the Sandy Hook tragedy. They said the Bushmaster AR-15 gun that the killer used – a semi-automatic civilian version of the US military’s M-16 – had been illegally marketed by the company to civilians as a combat weapon for waging war and killing human beings.

The plaintiffs said that Connecticut’s consumer protection law forbids advertising that promotes violent, criminal behaviour and yet even though these rifles have become the “weapon of choice for mass shooters” Remington’s ads “continued to exploit the fantasy of an all-conquering lone gunman.” One of them, they noted, stated, “Forces of opposition, bow down.”

The judges turned away Remington’s appeal of a ruling by Connecticut’s top court to let the lawsuit proceed despite a federal law that broadly shields firearms manufacturers from liability when their weapons are used in crimes.
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

• Just another attack on Americana to bankrupt the armory of freedom. Remington has been making semi-automatic rifles for the American public for over 100 years. The leftist media and lefty educators along with the Democrat Party have been working for decades on an angle to fundamentally change America.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rem...ded-magazines/
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_8
              Last edited by surfgun; 13 Nov 19,, 03:39.

Comment

• There we have it, folks.
                The defender of the weapon of choice of mass murderers.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• Yeah, come on all of you, big strong men,
                  NRA needs your help again.
                  He's got himself in a terrible fix
                  Way down yonder in Connecticut
                  So put down your books and pick up an AR-15,
                  We're gonna have a whole lotta fun at fifteen.
                  And it's one, two, three,
                  What are we fighting for ?
                  Don't ask me, I don't give a damn about a tomb,
                  Next stop is the classroom;
                  And it's five, six, seven,
                  Open up the pearly gates,
                  Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
                  Whoopee! you're all gonna die.
                  Last edited by tbm3fan; 13 Nov 19,, 17:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    Yeah, come on all of you, big strong men,
                    NRA needs your help again.
                    He's got himself in a terrible fix
                    Way down yonder in Connecticut
                    So put down your books and pick up an AR-15,
                    We're gonna have a whole lotta fun at fifteen.
                    And it's one, two, three,
                    What are we fighting for ?
                    Don't ask me, I don't give a damn about a tomb,
                    Next stop is the classroom;
                    And it's five, six, seven,
                    Open up the pearly gates,
                    Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
                    Whoopee! you're all gonna die.
                    Very well done!
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• Sometimes the thirst of the Liberty Tree is very unpleasant.
                      One needs to understand terrible sacrifice is needed to preserve freedom and liberty.
                      If it was easily obtained and preserved everyone would have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                        Sometimes the thirst of the Liberty Tree is very unpleasant.
                        One needs to understand terrible sacrifice is needed to preserve freedom and liberty.
                        If it was easily obtained and preserved everyone would have it.
                        So what you are saying is that Kids have to die so fat ass Walter Mittys can have their AR-15s and be pretend patriots?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                          So what you are saying is that Kids have to die so fat ass Walter Mittys can have their AR-15s and be pretend patriots?
                          So what you are saying is, that you have a beef with the founding fathers. Pretend on...

Comment

• So what do you see the kids as? Patriots or Tyrants

Comment

• Sorry if anyone is on the wrong side of the Constitution. It is the law of the land. Immigrants (lawful) that came after its drafting were on notice as swearing allegiance to it.
                              Last edited by surfgun; 14 Nov 19,, 04:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                                So what you are saying is, that you have a beef with the founding fathers. Pretend on...
                                Do you actually think if the Founding Fathers could see the potential of a weapon, like the AR-15, they would be perfectly content to letting and ordinary citizen to have one.? I think not as they were conservative men and that is conservative in the standard sense of the word back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X