Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Defense Professional
    Military Professional
    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 478
Size:  11.3 KB

Had to throw this in...just to break stones.
    "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tuna View Post
    If that's how you train, then that works for you. I've never trained like that, so it doesn't seem right to me. I'll take my chances on the accidental discharge from a blow to the hammer (as opposed to a negligent discharge from booger hook on bang switch) and use my M9s safety as a hammer dropper only.
    This is why we train, and fight like we do. And this next remark isn't directed at you personalty. Its to demonstrate our mindset.

I'm glad YOU will take the chance of having a accidental/negligent discharge. But as the person that you may hit/kill with that "oops" I would prefer that you handle your weapon as safe as possible.
    Hard to look that squad mates widow in the face and tell her that you decided to take a chance with her husbands safety.

That's the reality.

Also why in the Marine Corps there is no such thing as a accidental discharge. Even with blanks. Weapon goes bang when its not suppose to and at a minimum its Company level NJP
    Last edited by Gun Grape; 24 Mar 16, at 11:41.
    Human Scum. Proud Never Trumper

A Self Important Senior Contributor troung's Avatar
    http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...udest-moments/
    Bill Clinton: Enacting Gun Control ‘One Of The Greatest Honors Of My Life’

by AWR Hawkins8 May 201623
    Former president Bill Clinton said May 4 that enacting gun control was “one of the greatest honors of my life.”

Clinton was speaking at a Brady Campaign’s gun control awards ceremony in Los Angeles, May 4.

Breitbart News previously reported that Brad Pitt and Adam McKay were co-chairs for the ceremony. And People magazine reports that Clinton attended and gave “an impromptu 30-minute speech at [the] event.”

Clinton referenced signing the Brady Handgun Prevention Act in 1993, which eventually spawned the background check system for gun purchases in 1998. He also referenced signing an “assault weapons” ban in 1994, which included a ban on “high capacity” ammunition magazines. He said, “One of the great honors of my life was signing the Brady law, and then a year later in the crime bill the assault weapons ban and the ammunition clip ban.”

He referenced visiting locations where high profile gun crimes have occurred and spending time with gun control Gabby Giffords, who has spent the past three years campaigning to force every gun owner to pass the same background check her attacker passed to acquire his firearm.

Clinton called on gun control supporters to “redeem the loss” of gun crime victims by pushing for more gun controls for law-abiding citizens.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Quote Originally Posted by tuna View Post
    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 478
Size:  11.3 KB

Had to throw this in...just to break stones.
    That looks an awful lot like Australian actor Eric Bana. I'm betting his views on gun control are a long way from the image in the picture.

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    yeah, that's one of his famous lines from Black Hawk Down. he's playing a Delta Force guy.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    yeah, that's one of his famous lines from Black Hawk Down. he's playing a Delta Force guy.
    OK, been years since I've seen it, though I do recall it was his first substantial US role off the back of his starring role in 'Chopper'.

"...why would I shoot a bloke - BANG - and then put him in the car & race him off to hospital at 100 miles an hour. Defeats the purpose of having shot him in the first place."

The full movie for anyone who hasn't seen it - great film about a truly odd person. Genius level IQ & nephew of a popular TV 'celebrity doctor'. I used to see the real 'Chopper' wandering around Melbourne, sometimes pushing his kid in a pram.

A bit off topic, but....
    Last edited by Bigfella; 09 May 16, at 04:55.

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

A Self Important Senior Contributor troung's Avatar
    I agree it is the height of hypocrisy for anti-2nd amendment creatures to be protected by armed people.
    What Donald Trump knows about Hillary Clinton and her bodyguards

John Lott

By John R. Lott
    ·Published September 22, 2016
    · FoxNews.com
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...odyguards.html

Was Donald Trump inciting violence against Hillary Clinton when he spoke last Friday about disarming her bodyguards? Tim Kaine, Hillary Clinton’s vice presidential running mate, says so.

The media was hysterical. According to Martha Raddatz, host of ABC News’ “This Week”: “The message sounds a lot like a threat or encouraging violence.” On NBC’s Meet the Press, Chuck Todd claimed: “Trump again raised the specter of violence against Hillary Clinton.” Over the weekend, news show after news show made similar claims.

So what was Donald Trump’s supposedly threatening statement?

"She's [Clinton's] very much against the 2nd Amendment... I think that her bodyguards should drop all weapons. They should disarm, right?... Take their guns away. She doesn't want guns. Take their — and let's see what happens to her. Take their guns away. OK? It would be very dangerous.”

Trump’s point is simple: It's the height of hypocrisy for elites to employ armed guards (or live in super-safe neighborhoods / gated communities / doorman buildings) and then demand the disarmament of law-abiding people living in much more dangerous areas.

Trump’s comment was obviously rhetorical. He was not actually advocating that her bodyguards be disarmed. He was pointing out that doing so would be absurd and “very dangerous.”

By making Americans consider Clinton’s need for security, he is making the point that Americans should by extension have a right to their own (personal) armed security.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Senior Contributor SteveDaPirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troung View Post
    I agree it is the height of hypocrisy for anti-2nd amendment creatures to be protected by armed people.
    If we're pointing out hypocrisy, let's not do so by arguing against a stance someone hasn't actually taken. Basing an argument off the statements that HRC is "against the 2nd amendment" and "demanding disarmament" is a stretch. She is largely in favor of stricter gun control measures, but I've yet to hear her call for the repeal of the 2nd amendment or disarmament.

I could talk about how hypocritical it is for Trump to call for the deportation of all immigrants and ask if his wife is included, but that would be similarly stretching his position beyond what he's actually called for.

Let's argue against the candidate's actual positions, and not their positions after applied to a slippery slope.
    Last edited by SteveDaPirate; 22 Sep 16, at 19:24.

Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjac View Post
    How about hammer? The hammer is the deadliest weapon in America, used in an order of magnitude more homicides than firearms.
    Pretty easy to distort statistics

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-with-rifles/

Actually, hammers kill a few more people in a year than rifles only.

And petrol kills more in arson attacks ,,ban it ??? no chance . UK banned hand guns etc and the only people who have them are criminals , banning imo is not the answer to gun control , its more people control thats needed
    Last edited by tankie; 23 Sep 16, at 13:37.

Insanity.

House rolls back Obama gun background check rule

The Republican-led House voted Thursday to repeal an Obama-era regulation that required the Social Security Administration to disclose to the national gun background check system information about people with mental illness.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/02/po...tal-illnesses/

At least the President is against this insanity.

Donald Trump: Mental health, not gun problem
    (Or, at least he was in August 2015)

Donald Trump said Thursday he is opposed to tightening gun laws in the U.S. but is in favor of addressing mental health to prevent shootings,
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/27/po...alth-gun-laws/

So, too, is House Speaker Paul Ryan.
    (At least he was in December 2015)

Paul Ryan blames mass shootings on mental health laws
    “We have seen, in a common theme, among many of these mass shootings, is a theme of mental illness. And we need to fix our mental illness laws, our policies. They’re outdated. And that is something we’re working on right now.
    http://america.aljazeera.com/opinion...alth-laws.html

Senior Contributor
    I love how you use a trigger phrase as a catch-all to defend regulations that have problematic flaws and unintended consequences. It's quite an ingenious tactic.

Oh wait, it's not. It's the most hackneyed trick in the faux outrage political playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post

House rolls back Obama gun background check rule

The Republican-led House voted Thursday to repeal an Obama-era regulation that required the Social Security Administration to disclose to the national gun background check system information about people with mental illness.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/02/po...tal-illnesses/

At least the President is against this insanity.

Donald Trump: Mental health, not gun problem
    (Or, at least he was in August 2015)

Donald Trump said Thursday he is opposed to tightening gun laws in the U.S. but is in favor of addressing mental health to prevent shootings,
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/27/po...alth-gun-laws/

So, too, is House Speaker Paul Ryan.
    (At least he was in December 2015)

Paul Ryan blames mass shootings on mental health laws
    “We have seen, in a common theme, among many of these mass shootings, is a theme of mental illness. And we need to fix our mental illness laws, our policies. They’re outdated. And that is something we’re working on right now.
    http://america.aljazeera.com/opinion...alth-laws.html

Trump is dead right on this issue. The fact is that the U.S. has far too many people on the streets that are a danger to themselves and to society. Putting them on a list, banning objects, and hoping for the best isn't working. Besides, for far too long people with mental health illness have been swept under the rug and ignored..until they get ahold of a weapon and lash out. As for Obama's 11th hour backdoor ban, well that was simply a desperate last grab to get some sort of gun law made. This was an attempt to get a liberals foot in the door so they can open it further and keep adding people to the list. Trump was elected to stop this sort of nonsense because the reality is that if such a person was actually mentally ill they would not pass a background check and already would have been denied purchasing a gun. Mostly though like Adam Lanza they would steal a gun for which to do their dirty work. Gun theft is already illegal. Sadly, the legality, or not, of owning/having a gun falls on deaf ears in the criminal and mentally ill community. That is why the best way to lower violent crimes from such individuals does not lay with legislating objects, but by restricting the movements of such people. Once incarcerated, their access to a weapon is about nil.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    If we're pointing out hypocrisy, let's not do so by arguing against a stance someone hasn't actually taken. Basing an argument off the statements that HRC is "against the 2nd amendment" and "demanding disarmament" is a stretch. She is largely in favor of stricter gun control measures, but I've yet to hear her call for the repeal of the 2nd amendment or disarmament.

I could talk about how hypocritical it is for Trump to call for the deportation of all immigrants and ask if his wife is included, but that would be similarly stretching his position beyond what he's actually called for.

Let's argue against the candidate's actual positions, and not their positions after applied to a slippery slope.
    Lets connect the dots. Hillary is enamored by the Austrailian gun legislation . Hillary boasted of "taking on the NRA". She has repeadadly used the 33K gun violence deaths per year figure touted by gun grabbers even though 2/3rds are actually suicides. She has evoked emotions on the subject by having the parents of Sandy Hook victims talk with her. Hillary has used "epidemic" when talking about gun violenceeven though the gun violence has fallen by half since her husband was in office. Hillary advocates for gun manufacturers to get sued when a criminal gets ahold of one of their products and commits a crime. Hillary wants to ban certain weapons according to her definition of an assault weapon....even when the ban her husband implemented was a total failure. She even maintains that her "assault weapons have but one single purpouse, to kill people. Hillary wants all handguns lisenced and registered. hillary wants "common sence proposals to combat the epidemic of gun violence" She does not want a single gun sale to happen without the government knowing about it. Hillary is on record of being against the Heller decision which reafirmed the individual's right to have a gun in the home.

Now in conlusion Hillary is in lockstep with the most virulent anti Second Amendment people in her party, and those people have beeen rather vocal about their hate for the Second Amendment. Hillary is not stupid as she saw Gore and many of her ilk lose on the platform of gun control back in 2000. She is not going to come out ans say she wants the Second Amendment to be stricken but she will gleefully strip it little by little to the same effect if given half the chance. Thank God she didnt get that chance.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Yup all those so called semi automatic "assault weapons" are only good for killing people! Yet there are a few million of them in the USA expending millions of rounds a year and on average end up responsible for a couple dozen deaths per year!? Turns out they are hardly any good at the only thing that the Democrats so they are so and only good for?

Thread Information