Irans great slogan : Death to America, explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irans great slogan : Death to America, explained

Is it me or is this is a signal of softening stances?

http://indianexpress.com/article/wor...ies-ayatollah/

Khamenei says the “aim of the slogan is not death to American people. The slogan means death to U.S. policies and arrogance.” He says the slogan has “strong support” in Iran.
    Aww, the old fella is just misunderstood
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Makes sense :)

So, is he saying he is against the deal he signed with the US politicians?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Khomeini might be stretching a bit in his new interpretation, but I'd say yes, he is trying to improve relations and is likely signaling to his more hardcore denizens as much as to the US.

US and Iranian interests have been increasingly aligned lately despite mutual feelings of distrust and distaste. I'm sure Khomeini would like to be able to work with the "Great Satan" to solve some of his problems, and the US would benefit from having policy options on both sides of the Sunni/Shia power struggle beyond support for one side and hostility towards the other.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post

http://indianexpress.com/article/wor...ies-ayatollah/

Aww, the old fella is just misunderstood
        He understood that until all economic sanctions are lifted, he can't trade his silky white wool. Money power.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
          Khomeini might be stretching a bit in his new interpretation, but I'd say yes, he is trying to improve relations and is likely signaling to his more hardcore denizens as much as to the US.

US and Iranian interests have been increasingly aligned lately despite mutual feelings of distrust and distaste. I'm sure Khomeini would like to be able to work with the "Great Satan" to solve some of his problems, and the US would benefit from having policy options on both sides of the Sunni/Shia power struggle beyond support for one side and hostility towards the other.
          Khomeini has been dead for decades

Comment

Working...
          X