Tracking India's development policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Media's speculation. We need to see what happens.

Nothing has, as of yet, just smiles and polite chats.

Why is Ivanka calling us a "critical ally" ? and this is in addition to "critical trading partner" & "critical security partner".

Lots of critical in there. Wooooo...Productive meeting she beams.

Is this an upgrade from Vajpayee's "natural ally" of twenty years back

Is it in anticipation of something we have to do or have agreed to do already.

Many questions, very few answers for now.
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    This is what Bharat said earlier.

In his latest he says this...

P-8I's are good to have. Japan has ninety of them. We have just 22.

Question is whether the Americans will ask for more before we get S-400 : )
    We have 12 P-8I's for now. Remaining 10 have been approved by the DM.

World’s largest combat jet deal under way as India starts process
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

When will Priyanka step in. This place works on brands. Gandhis are one, Modi is another. Take them away and the party starts flailing.
      Priyanka campaigned for Congress in this Lok Sabha elections, and she could not gather any more votes than what the Congress already got. Like all other Gandhis, she is a failure. I don't understand, instead of correcting their mistakes, Scamgress is trying all old formulae that doesn't sell anymore in India.

Bring it on: Rahul Gandhi’s ‘10 times harder’ message to BJP after quit note
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• 135 refugees from Myanmar pushed back

Issue here is a lot of these people have no documents at all to identify which country they belong to. Makes the work to deport them tougher.

Six convicted, eight acquitted in 2004 Assam Ulfa blast case

Terrorism doesn't pay. Happy holidays in jail.

MLA son of Maharashtra ex-CM pours mud on engineer, held

Entitlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Priyanka campaigned for Congress in this Lok Sabha elections, and she could not gather any more votes than what the Congress already got. Like all other Gandhis, she is a failure. I don't understand, instead of correcting their mistakes, Scamgress is trying all old formulae that doesn't sell anymore in India.

Bring it on: Rahul Gandhi’s ‘10 times harder’ message to BJP after quit note
          She was going to start her campaign and then Pulwama happened. So she lost momentum.

Congress is still a force to contend with at the state level because Modi isn't a contender in them.

Rajasthan, MP, & Chattisgarh. Even Karnataka.

What has weakened Congress here isn't the BJP, its regional parties that copied Congress. In states where there are no strong regional parties its a two way fight only between Congress & BJP.

Comment

135 refugees from Myanmar pushed back

Issue here is a lot of these people have no documents at all to identify which country they belong to. Makes the work to deport them tougher.
            Does not mention if they're Rohingya

Comment

That's what i thought but he's acting on grievances by locals for the sorry state of roads that engineer is looking after.

Could have been done in another way but i suppose congress needs the publicity right now.

Comment

Does not mention if they're Rohingya
                These are Rakhine people. Ethnic Burmese.

Comment

• Six convicted, eight acquitted in 2004 Assam ULFA blast case

Very good. Rot in jail.

Guwahati: Two arrested for 'pro-Ulfa' posts on Facebook

This is a worrying development. Should be nipped in the bud.

Comment

• How India's water ends up everywhere but India

How Britain can help you get away with stealing millions: a five-step guide

Particularly helpful for the young Mallya's, Nirav Modi's of the country.

Comment

• Water crisis? India won’t be at Sea

This holds good promise.

View: Why India may not become the next Asian economic miracle

Agree with RSharma.

Comment

The Modi government speaks of pushing labour and other reforms to attract investment, but it also promotes a full buffet of welfare programmes, and its latest budget reflects a commitment to continued welfarism more than new investment. Any country at India’s low per capita income level can’t afford both expansive social spending and enough investment to achieve East Asia style 8% growth.
                        Budget does seem like a thank you for voting for us to the less well off.

We will have to see how things develop in the future.

You would be forgiven for wondering whether it was Congress who made this budget instead

The left might be out of power but their policies still seem to be sticking around, this is the way the right has figured to keep them out of office.

Comment

These are Rakhine people. Ethnic Burmese.
                          This just popped up

'Happy With 54,000 sq km Territory': Proposal to Merge Myanmar's Rakhine With Bangladesh Draws Hasina's Ire | News 18 | Jul 08 2019

Bangladesh is happy with its 54,000 sq km territory, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said on Monday as she criticised as "flagitious" a proposal by a top US lawmaker to integrate Myanmar's restive Rakhine state with her country.
                          Today's word of the day is "flagitious" : D

Comment

• Budget and the world | IE | Jul 09 2019

Decent take by Sanjay Baru on the budget.

But what about defense. here comes Bharat

Strange GST slabs as they affect Development and Defence | Security Wise | Jul 05 2019

And then foreign policy

Six Charts to Make Sense of India’s Budget for Foreign Policy | The Wire | Jul 06 2019
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 10 Jul 19,, 10:39.

Comment

• Andhra Pradesh liquor shops to close at 6pm

This will help India in moving 20 places up in 'ease of doing business' index. Apparently NZ, Hong Kong and Singapore does the same.

Comment

• Arms recovered in Manipur, 1 NSCN(IM) cadre nabbed

When the state goes soft, this kind of shit keeps happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X