Home Bar Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Bar Pictures

As a non drinker, I have till now not stored any alcohol at home. The result, although our guests leave our parties well fed, some of them leave thirsty. There have been cases where someone brought us a bottle of wine as a gift and then had to down the bottle themselves.

I have decided to rectify the situation and have started a home bar collection. Posting the pics here.

I have tried to cover the basics, with the some standard liquors, bitters as well as some bar tools.

I eventually want to add some scotch (blended + single malt) and some cognac to the mix

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	624.2 KB
ID:	1485601
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Good stuff. I'd keep the beer in the fridge, if only a few hours before the guests arrive. Also keep a good stock of soda if your guests are the Indian uncle types.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
      Good stuff. I'd keep the beer in the fridge, if only a few hours before the guests arrive. Also keep a good stock of soda if your guests are the Indian uncle types.
      Soda and tonic water are there on the side; they come in handy for cocktails like mojito
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Stella is my favorite beer, packs a punch. :-)

Now, stop lying and admit that you're like the other 99.9%. :-)))
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Stella is my favorite beer, packs a punch. :-)
          Gotta love wife beater. I'm drinking one now.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
            As a non drinker, I have till now not stored any alcohol at home. The result, although our guests leave our parties well fed, some of them leave thirsty. There have been cases where someone brought us a bottle of wine as a gift and then had to down the bottle themselves.

I have decided to rectify the situation and have started a home bar collection. Posting the pics here.

I have tried to cover the basics, with the some standard liquors, bitters as well as some bar tools.

I eventually want to add some scotch (blended + single malt) and some cognac to the mix

[ATTACH]40454[/ATTACH]
            You are a bottle of triple sec and sweet & sour mix from a tall glass of Long Island Iced Tea.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Glenlivet 12 or Glendfiddich 12 and Woodford Reserve should be the first whisky bottles to make the shelf.
              "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I'll just second what Shek said.

For some reason many of party guests adore Malibu rum. No idea why.

Now comes the fun part....storing all the fun stuff!
                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Finally got to try my hand at home bartending. Had my first cocktail in 4 years (last one was a margarita in November 2011), a mojito I made myself. Not bad

Gunnut
                  Cointreau would stand in for the triple sec, and I prefer to use fresh lime juice and sugar

Shek and GV
                  Good advice on the whiskey. Hopefully would get one soon

Comment

You said you are a non-drinker. What happened? :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sinatra quotes.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1467838

You're in US. Keep a bottle of Jacks too.

Btw, what is tonic?
                    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      You said you are a non-drinker. What happened? :-)

[ATTACH]40466[/ATTACH]

You're in US. Keep a bottle of Jacks too.

Btw, what is tonic?
                      Look at my drinking record - one cocktail in 2011, the next in 2015

Tonic water is a concoction of water and quinine. Apparently goes well with gin

Comment

Working...
                      X