No announcement yet.

Liberals Win a Majority Government in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're essentially saying that there is no left or right in canadian politics. It's hard for me to imagine polar cultures without clashes. It's as if the canadians don't have a culture or don't pose a resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
      You're essentially saying that there is no left or right in canadian politics. It's hard for me to imagine polar cultures without clashes. It's as if the canadians don't have a culture or don't pose a resistance.
      Canadian culture allows a person the freedom to enjoy that juicy piece of steak without being lynched by a mob.. allows skeptics and scholars from airing opposing views without the fear of being shot dead... allows communities a safe haven to prosper without being butchered by the thousands simply for their ethnic or religious affiliation.. allows artists the freedom of expression without the fear of death.. Canada has a very strong pluralistic culture, albeit it may not be the turbulent bigoted culture which you may aspire for or are accustomed to.
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

^Now that's plain propaganda and nonsense

On one hand you(and some others like you) canadians glorify canada for being some special land(a familiar canadian trait) and yet you also accuse canadas politics and politicians for polarizing politics "akin to the third world".

Your PoV sounds like minority PR propaganda to me.
        Last edited by anil; 20 Nov 15,, 04:23.

Comment

It is hard to imagine a more telling statement about how you see the world. The issue isn't Canada, its your imagination.

Canada & Australia are very similar societies. If they were further away from the North Pole & the US they'd be almost as good as us ;-). We have cultures in which 'polar cultures' can exist with minimal violence. Want to know when the last time the phrase 'election violence' was a feature of Australian life - never. I'm betting Canada is much the same. Want to know how often angry mobs murder people because they don't like their religion or politics? Don't recall the last instance. We have played host to all manner of ancient & modern conflicts and have done pretty well. We are not perfect societies when it comes to theses things, but we do exceptionally well given our diversity.

People come to places like Canada to get away from what you clearly think is 'normal'. People worked damned hard to make sure it became like that and people work damned hard to ensure it stays that way. Not just soldiers, police & politicians, but ordinary people who decide to keep their behaviour civilized even when passions run high. You may not see that as 'a culture', but we are all quite taken with it.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

@bf

I'm not the one to decide whats right and wrong or whats good or bad. I didn't judge canada's politics on the basis of conscience. Canadas politics don't have any direct effect on me, my country or my people. There's nothing personal in this case for me to be unhappy with canada. I merely offered an opinion based on what I know about class and culture politics. Cultures will always compete with other cultures vigorously and violently when necessary. I see it as a kind of survival strategy. I think THAT is normal.

I think both canada and australia has a far right, a far left and a centre right. Whats yet to arrive here is a break-even in the vote bank. Although, these concepts are probably all alien to you so I might appear as pointless and blank to you.

Comment

That's just it. We don't have vote banks. We used to but that got tossed out the window with the emergence of new political parties that spouted a 3rd way. New Democrat Party and the Bloc Quebecois comes to mind.
              Chimo

Comment

But you still have the same old liberals in power?
                http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...cument-reveals
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The propaganda was bound to come whether it's the Liberals or the Conservatives. We need to convince ourselves that this is a risk worth taking.
                  Chimo

Comment

On one hand you(and some others like you) canadians glorify canada for being some special land(a familiar canadian trait) and yet you also accuse canadas politics and politicians for polarizing politics "akin to the third world".
                    Ever since your first post in this thread, you continue to display a lack of knowledge on the topic and clearly having done zero research on Canadian politics. I don't accuse "Canada's politics" for anything of that sort. The Cons tried that polarizing crap and lost big time.. Canadians got fed up with it and sent them packing. The Liberals sprung up from their death bed and took away a historic victory never before seen in modern Canadian history.

^Now that's plain propaganda and nonsense

Your PoV sounds like minority PR propaganda to me.
                    "secular propaganda", "media conspiracy", "minority propaganda".. Where have I heard that before?

Canadas politics don't have any direct effect on me, my country or my people. There's nothing personal in this case for me to be unhappy with canada. I merely offered an opinion based on what I know about class and culture politics.
                    Now that is just being dishonest. Ofcourse it's personal. You came here with ideologically loaded statements while displaying total ignorance about Canadian politics. You ty to peddle that same bigoted crap to seek legitimacy for your own nasty hate filled worldview. Infact, the signature you brandish under your posts says aplenty about you. A proud, polytheist Jihadi.. very amusing.
                    Last edited by Tronic; 21 Nov 15,, 08:24.
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

lol and here I come in a few days later thinking I needed to defend my last post.

Anil, face it - yes, you had an opinion. And people who know better told you your opinion is wrong. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant on this particular subject - I wouldn't claim to be an expert on Indian politics, for example.
                      Last edited by DPrime; 21 Nov 15,, 15:43.

Comment

@DPrime

I'm not sure what you understood from the comments in the last 2 pages. There's nothing left to comment on.

I concluded to myself that canada is like any other nation with a majority and a minority.

Comment

I concluded to myself that canada is like any other nation with a majority and a minority.
                          What? Please define the Canadian majority and minority for me. So, I can understand where you're coming from.
                          Chimo

Comment

Some people need assimilation and some don't.

Comment

Cultures will always compete with other cultures vigorously and violently when necessary. I see it as a kind of survival strategy. I think THAT is normal.
                              This thread has been most illuminating.
                              Dang you are one nasty piece of work. Tronic described you perfectly.
                              A proud, polytheist Jihadi.
                              If all of India had the same thoughts as you, we would already be like Syria/Iraq. Constant war and atrocities.
                              People like me would already have suffered the same fate as the Yazdis.

Thankfully we have somehow held it together so far.
                              I really really need to be smart like Cataphract and Tronic and get my ass to Mars (Canada) before the shit hits the fan.
                              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                                I really really need to be smart like Cataphract and Tronic and get my ass to Mars (Canada) before the shit hits the fan.
                                Now now, Anil is not THAT scary lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X