No announcement yet.

Liberals Win a Majority Government in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick right turn by the new Govt. by restricting refugees to women, children and families.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...lies-1.3330185
    Smart, an effective way to cut down on terrorists but still don't see how you're going to absorb 25000 before the end of the year.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Smart, an effective way to cut down on terrorists but still don't see how you're going to absorb 25000 before the end of the year.
      We're not. It's not legislated and, therefore, no need to be enforced.
      Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        And to put a face onto this government, our new Minister of Defence

LCol Harjit Sajjan

A proud Canadian well deserving of the post but got stuck with the shitty job that is coming, cutting men and machine from the military. The former Chief of Land Staff, LGen Andrew Leslie, declined the job.

I like LCol Sajjan. He's not a Leafs fan.

You may have the inside info. But I'd be surprised if Gen. Lesile was even offered the job. I think people like him are part of the problem at NDHQ. Too much brass not enough brawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastam View Post
          You may have the inside info. But I'd be surprised if Gen. Lesile was even offered the job. I think people like him are part of the problem at NDHQ. Too much brass not enough brawn.
          Leslie was the one who sent tanks to Afghanistan and he was the one who got the LEO IIs instead of the LAV-105s at half the price of the LAV-105s.

I personally do not like Leslie's leadership style but I can't fault him for re-arming the Canadian Army on a shoe string budget.
          Chimo

Comment

• [QUOTE=Officer of Engineers;999617]And to put a face onto this government, our new Minister of Defence

LCol Harjit Sajjan

A proud Canadian well deserving of the post but got stuck with the shitty job that is coming, cutting men and machine from the military. The former Chief of Land Staff, LGen Andrew Leslie, declined the job.

I like LCol Sajjan. He's not a Leafs fan.[/QUOTE]

Where is that damn LIKE button!!!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              And to put a face onto this government, our new Minister of Defence

LCol Harjit Sajjan

I like LCol Sajjan. He's not a Leafs fan.
              The following is what a Canadian forces member has to say about the new Defence Minister. Thought you guys might like it! Link to comment.

Lt Col (Ret'd) Sajjan was my Pl Comd on my Inf crse waaaay back in the day. I'd follow that guy through hell and back, and again if need be.
              This is a good thing for us.

Last I saw him was during the 100th, he picked me out of the crowd, came over and gave me a bro hug. Fuckin love that man.

Edit: During one of the course runs he was leading, he asked how everyone was doing. Know it was known to us the Lt (at the time) would run a 10k and then pick us up. I happened to be right beside him, and stupidly told him that I could probably do 10 more.

He looked at me surprised, and told me that if I'm serious, he'd do it with me. The course obviously started yelling at me, cursing my name up and down and suggesting different ways to make sweet, sweet fornications to myself.

Lt Sajjan slowed the run, told the course that it was Pte Slappy just challenged him to 10km, ON TOP of the 10km he just did, plus the 5k he ran with us. So it's just going to be Pte Slappy who runs with him. He looks at me, smiles and says "Let's go."

Now bear in mind; I'm a 17 y/o, skinny, pimply-faced, ADHD, virgin who never played well with others. I ran along side the Esteemed Course Officer for a glorious 10km in the warm Shilo summer sun. We chatted periodically, asking each other about our backgrounds, hobbies and (course) goals.

As we were coming up to the course shacks, I couldn't believe my eyes! There was my course, all dressed up in summer DEU's, waiting to congratulate us (him) on running a half marathon before breakfast. We slow to a stop, the Course WO brings the course to attention, salutes the officer and relieves the Lt of me. Lt Sajjan turns to me, winks and says something I'll never forget. "Always know your leadership, and never challenge them in front of others again." He turns, and jogs off into the early morning light, seen again later in the day.

The Course WO turns to me and lovingly explains that the course has gone through 5 iterations of change parade, I was late and they'd like me to catch up. And it needed to be done in 20 mins, before we march (in DEU's) to breakfast.

TL;dr - I didn't make top candidate, blanket parties aren't always fun, and I learned something VERY important that day.

Comment

• Where is Cactus' post which Bolo has responded? Twice it happened that Cactus deleted his posts after being replied to. Shamed after posting thoughts? If I have to attend an argument, I will, I don't need an invitation for that @ Cactus. And if you would so, please stop quoting me in threads I have no interest.
                Last edited by Oracle; 25 Nov 15,, 16:59.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Darth,

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like the Canadian Forces are getting the right man.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    Sounds like the Canadian Forces are getting the right man.
                    The Colonel should have followed the General's lead

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sajj...ined-1.3410485

Never thought much about this until the scotch tasting with my RSM. Canada's go-no-go has been taking away. Trudeau wants out. Trudeau has no say in what's to be bombed or not.

And NATO did not insult a Canadian General, a Reservist Major got told he's not invited. LCol Sajjan should have stuck with his regt! A good man just got shot down for Trudeau's stupidity!

This being said though, this is freaking ISIL, not a Soviet juggernaut. If you don't want to stay, then get the hell out and start building the WWIII army that we need to build! I really hate this wishy-washy!
                    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 31 Jan 16,, 08:26.
                    Chimo

Comment

Working...
                    X