Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: British army (maybe) getting a new MBT?

Regular
    The UK are completely rearming and modernising their armoured component. So beware because if you are sat in a tin can with some pea shooter stuck out front, then you are just a target for practice ..and good luck with that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
    The UK are completely rearming and modernising their armoured component. So beware because if you are sat in a tin can with some pea shooter stuck out front, then you are just a target for practice ..and good luck with that!!!
    But can shoot back lol. Tin cans like chally 2 have proven great success on the battlefield and if one or two are targeting you well ,, good luck with that ,, the cvrt like warrior scorp etc etc are the tin cans you mention tho .Cheers for the conversation mate as i reckon im gonna pull down my cuppola in my tin can and ride off into the sunset playing my guitar singing about my dead dawg , my burned down farm and raped wife by the nasty indians ...yee haaa .
    Last edited by tankie; 07 Jun 19, at 09:31.

Senior Contributor
    Each branch of the combat arms (guns, infantry, armour, enginners) have their place. Infantry can deny armour ground. Artillery can pound infantry. Tanks can rance under artillery ballistic arcs before the shellls can land. Engineers can make or breach obstacles.

Within context, I would hate to be the bellycrawler with my ears ringing up the kazoo, my body shaking from the artillery blast overpressure, and what little focus my eyes have trying to see through smoke to line up the AT that is plowing over me.

I usually simplify things to uneducated civies (which I don't think you are). What is the best gun/grenade/tank/plane/nunchuck? The ones that are coming to my rescue when I'm being charged by a 1000 pissed off fire breathing dragons.

What is the worst gun/grenade/tank/plane/nunchuck? The ones that are not where I am when I'm being charged by a 1000 pissed off fire breathing dragons.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Each branch of the combat arms (guns, infantry, armour, enginners) have their place. Infantry can deny armour ground. Artillery can pound infantry. Tanks can rance under artillery ballistic arcs before the shellls can land. Engineers can make or breach obstacles.

Within context, I would hate to be the bellycrawler with my ears ringing up the kazoo, my body shaking from the artillery blast overpressure, and what little focus my eyes have trying to see through smoke to line up the AT that is plowing over me.

I usually simplify things to uneducated civies (which I don't think you are). What is the best gun/grenade/tank/plane/nunchuck? The ones that are coming to my rescue when I'm being charged by a 1000 pissed off fire breathing dragons.

What is the worst gun/grenade/tank/plane/nunchuck? The ones that are not where I am when I'm being charged by a 1000 pissed off fire breathing dragons.
    I can only hope this Tech further reduces blue on blue and increases battle space awareness. Slightly concerned about the ease of this tech and its ability to act quicker than the frontal lobe. But thats where we are and the tech can't be undone

Senior Contributor
    I can only hope this Tech further reduces blue on blue and increases battle space awareness. Slightly concerned about the ease of this tech and its ability to act quicker than the frontal lobe. But thats where we are and the tech can't be undone
    More often than not, it's the frontal lobe that's the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnak_Farm_incident

However, this example shows what happens when the tech does work.

Last edited by WABs_OOE; 08 Jun 19, at 16:50.

Regular
    More often than not, it's the frontal lobe that's the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnak_Farm_incident

However, this example shows what happens when the tech does work.

....My frontal lobe is my life long problem. Which gets me into so much trouble!

Senior Contributor
    As long as you haven't said, "I do," you're still good.

Regular
    As long as you haven't said, "I do," you're still good.
    Yeh been there, I'd rather fish...than go back to that.

Regular

Senior Contributor
    Wouldn't that barrel camera get thrown out the moment the gun fired?...

And those goggles seem heavy...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jlvfr View Post
    Wouldn't that barrel camera get thrown out the moment the gun fired?
    ...Well the Danes used a sports camera...which on the new ones has a stabilisation mode, so certainly the extreme vibration can be accommodated...But yes in close quarter urban warfare I can see issues with the fit, but that can be altered. I can certainly see the thrust of the idea, its just seeing it work practically

And those goggles seem heavy...[/QUOTE]Yeh ..bit like having nearly two heads ..lol..but again new tech is always initially ridiculous in practical terms..only time can cure these flaws

Thread Information