One Rank One Pension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antimony View Post
    In the mind of the ex servicemen (as we call the veterans), it is a question of parity and respect. A Subedar major (a JCO rank) who retired in 2010 may get less pension than a Havaldar Major (sergeant major, an NCO rank) who retires in 2015. The OROP system was in place till 1973 after which Indira Gandhi, on the recommendation of the 3rd Pay Commission, abolished it
    What difference does it make?

I wouldn't expect to make the same as someone that retired today. 13 years after I retired. The deal when I came in was that you would get a certain percentage of your base pay when you retired. I knew that the day I joined. It was part of the deal I made. Sounds like it is the same with the Indian military. They need to quit whining.

I could see this killing future pay increases for the active force due to budget constraints.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post

I wouldn't expect to make the same as someone that retired today. 13 years after I retired. The deal when I came in was that you would get a certain percentage of your base pay when you retired. I knew that the day I joined. It was part of the deal I made. Sounds like it is the same with the Indian military. They need to quit whining.

I could see this killing future pay increases for the active force due to budget constraints.
      Its just the general Indian attitude to the government in all walks of life not just the army. Everybody expects the government to take care of them and grant all sorts of goodies.
      In this case the loyalty of the IA has to be ensured and so we should pay.

If you pick up any indian newspaper you will usually find plenty of articles of various groups wanting to suckle government funds.
      Farmers demanding 'good' prices for sugarcane, mill workers demanding good prices for refined sugar, people agitating for good prices for onions.....it goes on and on.
      The news of the day is a bunch of high caste vermin rioting in Gujarat's capital agitating for reservations in government jobs and universities since so many other groups get them.

Middle class idiots like me pay the taxes that fund this whole circus and get zero benefits as we are a negligible vote bank.
      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

What the fuck is Modi and the other degenerates in the govt. doing?
        Planting money trees for the masses.

If and when it starts bearing fruits of fiat notes(by miracle), it will solve all and every problem of india.

That simple

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
          Its just the general Indian attitude to the government in all walks of life not just the army. Everybody expects the government to take care of them and grant all sorts of goodies.
          In this case the loyalty of the IA has to be ensured and so we should pay.

If you pick up any indian newspaper you will usually find plenty of articles of various groups wanting to suckle government funds.
          Farmers demanding 'good' prices for sugarcane, mill workers demanding good prices for refined sugar, people agitating for good prices for onions.....it goes on and on.
          The news of the day is a bunch of high caste vermin rioting in Gujarat's capital agitating for reservations in government jobs and universities since so many other groups get them.

Middle class idiots like me pay the taxes that fund this whole circus and get zero benefits as we are a negligible vote bank.
          The military does have a point though. Their retirement age is much lower and you know how much the civilian bureaucracy loves to stick it to them. Without OROP they are pretty vulnerble, especially the lower ranks. India also does not have govt. employment opportunities like, say the US has, where veterans enter the civilian police forces and other agencies or may get into other private sector jobs.
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

The Indian military does not have the same post retirement opportunities as the US veterans have. Also, for most of the folks agitting now, they used to have this and it was taken away from them.
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
              Planting money trees for the masses.

If and when it starts bearing fruits of fiat notes(by miracle), it will solve all and every problem of india.

That simple
              Can we have posts with less rhetoric and innuendo and more facts and reasoning? that would be super

Comment

The military does have a point though. Their retirement age is much lower and you know how much the civilian bureaucracy loves to stick it to them. Without OROP they are pretty vulnerble, especially the lower ranks. India also does not have govt. employment opportunities like, say the US has, where veterans enter the civilian police forces and other agencies or may get into other private sector jobs.
                All good points which is why in this case I also said we should pay to ensure their loyalty. The ordinary jawans and the lower ranks have been shat on from on high for years.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Does anyone know the insurance amount that the defense forces get if and when injured (not fit for service) or killed (due to internal insurgency or war)? By rank would be great, in ascending order.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Can we have posts with less rhetoric and innuendo and more facts and reasoning? that would be super
                    There were no innuendos or rhetorics in that statement. I was plain ridiculing you.

Tell me,
                    Does modi have a special digestive system that excretes fiat notes?
                    Does money grow on trees in antimonys la-la land?
                    Do you understand the meaning of a "budget"?

sigh

Comment

There were no innuendos or rhetorics in that statement. I was plain ridiculing you.

Tell me,

sigh
                      That was sarcasm? Sorry, I did not get that. I thought you were rambling as usual. you might want to take a class.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...asm-101/n11017

Tell me, do you understand what keeping a promise means, espeically one made with the flag as your witness?

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/08...n_7991140.html

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                        Does anyone know the insurance amount that the defense forces get if and when injured (not fit for service) or killed (due to internal insurgency or war)? By rank would be great, in ascending order.
                        The 6th CPC tables should give you that
                        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NMIdk2Va3j5spA

Comment

Tell me,

sigh
                          Ridicule the bloody argument, not the person. And not for a moment think people in here don't know about budget or anything else. You are a marketing executive, not Marc Faber.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 28 Aug 15,, 20:28.
                          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Gun Grape,

You have a valid point in this. the armed forces have been demanding for a separate pay commission to take care of their benefits. In my view that would be a mistake. Currently all central government service members come under the Central Pay Commission. That would at least insure equitable treatment for the forces.

Comment

Sorry guys, I am a bit confused.

Officers get retired at the age of 35 over there?
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                Sorry guys, I am a bit confused.

Officers get retired at the age of 35 over there?
                                Not officers but many other ranks. Officers, especially the senior officers are already protected on this as their pensions are equitable with those rtiring after them. The bulk of this demand is from the other ranks. The retired officers are trying to be a bridge between them and government. Some of the retired Chiefs have been working as interlocutors on this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X