X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snapper View Post
    "In two week we could be in Kyiv."

"Some chicken... some neck."
    They can be on Mars, but are not. Coild and will is a different thing. Honestly, I believe they can, not only Kyev, but Warsaw. How long they will stay there is another topic. They still have the biggest reserve army and stockpiles of tanks. Not one AF sortie worth of mentioning and they destabilized the region. They lack money and motivation.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

150,000 men ain't enough to take Poland.
      Chimo

Comment

Bro,they have 80 bde's.At least half are needed in FE,Caucasus etc... From the 80,quite a few are reinforced btns.
        Let's assume Ukraine is clear.They still need at least 5 to secure the Baltics.Those forrests and swamps are a mess.That leaves them with 35to attack both Warsaw and Bucharest.They's need at least 10 to guard the center of the front.That leaves them with 25.Slaviansk fortified are was defended by 2000 rookies and a few pro's against 20000 Ukrainians.Rookie volunteers are plenty in both Poland and Romania,pro's are enough.The deeper and faster they go,the more they deplete their forces.And there are ambushes,delaying battles until a the line of advance is determined.Then there will be a battle.Assuming they win,they'll still lose a lot.
        There will be no forces left to take any major city.
        Yeah,it's simplified,but what I'd like the most is to have 1-2 hours to prepare an L ambush vs a fast moving column. Or i f I'm a sadistic bastard and enjoy the remf's shaking in their boots,I'd attack the support elements.They'll have tanks with no fuel,AA or arty.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          150,000 men ain't enough to take Poland.
          How about 2 million?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

No such Russian army in existence.Even in such a scenario,keep in mind the Chechen ratio. 90000 troops for less than 1 million Chechens.The Eastern nations combined have 70 millions,without Ukraine,more money per capita than the Chechens could dream and plenty of ountains,marshes,forrests and urban battlegrounds.
            Dude,in 1968,while commies,the americans were ready to supply everything in any quantity in a case of a Soviet invasion.The Soviets never dared to invade either us or you,for they would have lost more than they could have gained and they would have been weaker against other powers.
            Why would Russia commit suicide,by invading stronger foes with fewer forces for less to gain and much more to lose?
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

I am still confident they would win.

They would fight an army and can lob you till you surrender.
              Otoh, you wont go on their turf.

Comment

Yes,they have missiles.That sort of things has been tried during the Attrition War on the banks of Suez.Everyone got bored after a few rounds of tit for tat.
                As for not going on their turf,there are plenty of assymetrical means to hurt them.

Look,what you say is pretty much what plenty of folks believe and what their propaganda spouts wherever it can.The mighty,invincible Russian Army.
                But the reality is more mundane,less democratic in the sense that only one-two percents need to fight and the current Russian Army goes bust.There is no crisis in the Pacific to divert the Americans,yet.Even with the Americans gone,the Russians still have no reason to invade.

Mark my words.In10-15 years,Ukraine will be forgotten,the Americans will be gone but still allies.The Russians will be some sort of partners.They'll keep their side of the Black Sea and CA,some sort of SE Bloc will keep our side of the sea and the Poles will have our back.
                We're not only reverting to a mini-Cold war these days.We'll revert to a more medieval sort of conflicts,allies and opponents.I see the enemy in the S not E.Unless the Russkies insist on being ennemies,for reasons that escape me.

Comment

No gain, no money, no will.

I wouldn't write them off this easy is all I say.
                  While you were getting fat, they still had their games here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    How about 2 million?
                    By the time they get ready, the Poles would have massed their reserves and NATO planes flying all over the place.
                    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      By the time they get ready, the Poles would have massed their reserves and NATO planes flying all over the place.
                      This started as one on one scenario and I clearly said we not gonna see it that way, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        This started as one on one scenario and I clearly said we not gonna see it that way, but still.
                        Even if we leave the Poles along, they will beat the Russians to the mobilzation punch, especially with internal LOCs.
                        Chimo

Comment

There's a limit to the mileage Russian propaganda will achieve with their own, particularly their own troops. How far west would young Russian conscripts be prepared to fight...and die? In very large numbers? This isn't your daddy's Russia and it's clear just from the questions from various quarters within Russia, heard in the west, regarding troop casualties in Ukraine. These Russian kids are far more savvy and hooked-in than their fore-fathers.

They know, independent of Russian propaganda, who Sweden is. And Sweden, as example, is no threat to Russia. Finland? Really? ESTONIA? These are not peoples bent on Slavic domination-least not the last time those Russian kids hopped the ferry from St. Petersburg to Helsinki for some shopping. Now...they might dig ripping off a chunk of yankee azz but, on the whole, the further west those guys march the more they'd smell the unmitigated bullshit emanating from the Putinistas.

I'm not sure Russia wants to bring back the penal battalions but they might need to were they to invade NATO.
                          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Fast forward 2 months and how tables have turned.

The outcast Putin invader has become a player and a stakeholder.

Comment

We'll see what happens, considering how ridiculously influx the whole thing is. It only takes a few iditos in the Donbass.

Comment

How come that 23.000 people doesn't want to go in fight with one man?

Comment

Working...
                                X