flood is bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flood is bad...

A supply line in the kitchen ruptured in the middle of the night. It was hours until we noticed it. By then it had flooded the entire first floor. Long story short, the entire flooring has to come out. There's asbestos. Abatement took a week. Repairs started today. I've been in the hotel for 3 weeks already. Hopefully I can be back in the house this weekend.

Yes, I know, flood, drought in CA, ironic...ha ha...laugh it up, fuzz ball.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

DOH! Hope everything works out well and there are no more unpleasant surprises!

Comment

Send a note to the Guinness Book of World Records folks, or Ripley's Believe it or Not . . . flooding during a California drought.
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

Crap...that ain't good man. :-(
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

On the bright side. You got rid of the asbestos

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            While staying in a hotel.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
              Send a note to the Guinness Book of World Records folks, or Ripley's Believe it or Not . . . flooding during a California drought.
              Believe it or not, this type of flooding happens quite often. The adjuster knew exactly what parties to call to get this stuff cleaned up. She has handled many claims like this. She took the burst line as evidence. Supposedly the design changed some time ago and now the insurance industry is seeing an increased number of problems like this one. They plan to get together and file a class action law suit against the manufacturer.

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
              Yes, and a new wood floor. But the hassle...man...I really don't want to go through this again any time soon. My blood pressure spiked over the last 3 months due to various problems with the house like this one.

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              While staying in a hotel.
              The hotel is nice, but it ain't home. I can't wait to get back to my gaming machine.....I mean home.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                I can't wait to get back to my gaming machine.....I mean home.
                Hahah now we hear the truth!

Comment

House is mostly put back together. Now I have to replace some furniture and put stuff back.

I noticed that I have lost 2 bags of coffee from the kitchen...

Comment

Almost?

Coffee?

You are cheap. If you had beer, it would've been done by now. Sorta.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                    X