Germany's Refugee Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    The West wants to Islamize the Balkans? I was under the impression that the West prefers Islam to stay south of Istanbul and gets upset when it spreads into Europe.
    You beat me to it. Saw that 4 hours ago but work called. I, too, wanted to know why the West would want to do that be it evil rumor or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
      The West wants to Islamize the Balkans? I was under the impression that the West prefers Islam to stay south of Istanbul and gets upset when it spreads into Europe.
      Nah,Bosnia and Vojvodina, the Danube and Drina river is the border.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        You beat me to it. Saw that 4 hours ago but work called. I, too, wanted to know why the West would want to do that be it evil rumor or not.
        To stop Russian influence.

Comment

Official expected number of refugees in Germany for 2015 has been revised upwards to 650,000 because the previous "expected number" of 450,000 will be reached next month. Non-official estimates are in the 750-800,000 region, i.e. around 1% of the German population.

Comment

All-clear at SPD headquarters after bomb threat

The all-clear has been given after a bomb threat at the Social Democratic Party (SPD) headquarters in Berlin. The party has received many threats following a visit by the party leader to an anti-refugee flashpoint town.

A bomb threat that forced the evacuation of Germany's Social Democratic Party (SPD) headquarters in Berlin on Tuesday proved to be a false alarm.

The party's general secretary, Yasmin Fahimi, was quoted by the DPA news agency as saying the bomb threat was made by telephone.

It comes a day after Germany's Deputy Chancellor, Sigmar Gabriel, visited the town of Heidenau, which saw protests between pro- and anti-refugee groups turn violent over the weekend. Gabriel is also the chairman of the SPD:

"Since Sigmar Gabriel's visit to Heidenau the Willy Brandt House has received a flood of racist threats," Fahimi told dpa, referring to the building that houses the SPD offices.

"We won't budge a single millimeter from our position," Fahimi said of the party's firm stance against right-wing extremists who perpetuate hatred against asylum-seekers.

mz/jil (Reuters, dpa)
            Gabriel called neonazis "vermin" during that visit*. The SPD received about 300 emails and 150 telephone calls related to that since yesterday, and is planning to turn over 14 cases of those to the police. Gabriel, within his own party, is usually attacked more for lowering himself to talking to Pegida followers and other rightwing-extremists.

A separate bomb threat was also issued against Berlin's state agency for social affairs and health (which runs the refugee camps in the capital).

The riots which caused Gabriel to visit involved a violent standoff between about 300-600 neonazis and police. 31 out of 136 police officers on scene were injured, Red Cross personnel that originally was there to assist refugees treated injured officers instead. The crowd was dispersed using tear gas grenades.

Merkel visited the place today.

* original quote: "Das ist Pack das man einsperren sollte" - "that's vermin that we should put behind bars". He also called them "un-German", called on people to basically socially out neonazis and that "one shouldn't yield one millimeter to them" (which directly alludes to the classic antifascist "kein Fußbreit den Faschisten" - "not one foot of room to the fascists"). Meanwhile, Merkel's press spokesman issued a speech calling the same people "idiotic", "disgusting" and "drunken loudmouths". Parliamentary President Lammert, by protocol one step above Merkel, called the riots "shameful for our country".

Comment

Grrr

If those damn European politicians were only a quarter as good in creating jobs as they claim to be, then we would have no problem putting these people to work in a job and they would be welcome for strengthening our economy.

Unfortunately our politicians ain't worth $#1T.

Comment

Orban just declared all refugees as a "german problem". Guess we need to reenact Dublin II and hand them back their problem. All at once.

Comment

Who's going to work and pay YOUR pension?
                  Last edited by Mihais; 03 Sep 15,, 14:32.
                  Those who know don't speak
                  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                    Orban just declared all refugees as a "german problem". Guess we need to reenact Dublin II and hand them back their problem. All at once.
                    You are not paying attention. He said that at the end all the migrants want to is to go Germany, hence they are German problem.

But hey, Mutti welcomms them and they are not a problem, but an opportunity. Win-win-win sutuation.

Now, since everyone is eager to accept them, why not let them on a plane from Turkey or Jordan to wherever they want to go?
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                      Who's going to work and pay YOUR pension?
                      Oh, c'mon don't be like that.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Well, it's really all more about Hungary's neofascist government that no one around here likes. I mean, human-rights-wise, Hungary is about on scale with Russia.

In other news, Austria is now searching every single truck or van making it across the border from Hungary, freeing 180 refugees from traffickers in the last 24 hours. Austria and Germany have formed a joint police intelligence agency to fight Hungarian and Romanian traffickers. Italy, at German "request" has also reintroduced border controls on the border to Austria.

Comment

Of course they are neofascist.
                          I mean how there they try to register anyone. Oh, while asking member states to enhance border controls, can you ask Greece to at least drop the migrants on the legal border crossings?

Comment

I don't know how believable it sounds,but while Orban got a lot of flak in Romania in the past,nowadays he gets a bit of respect for what he does or at least tries to.Times are changing :D And we have a new invisible curtain dividing East and West.

And let's be clear.The new EU plan to spread 160000 across EU may pass this time,at gunpoint.But it's worthless.You gonna tell me these guys came thousands of km's but can't jump over a fence at a refugee center in Debrecen or Radauti?
                            Orban is also right when he says the message should be ''don't come''.And that needs to be enforced,otherwise is just whining.

WRt what Dok said about Greece,there is something else more interesting.The complete lack of mention.The Eurocrats simply gave up on Greece.

The problem however won't end.There are hundreds of millions of paupers with smartphones that are now seeing the success this wave had.And there will always be crises.
                            There is also impossible to close the border unless the West wakes the fvck up and starts throwing the invaders out.So this crap will carry on and it will fester and boil for decades.
                            So we'd better don't get nervous.Yet.
                            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

I assume most of these refugees are muslims.

Question: why don't they seek asylum in Islamic nations like Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the gulf states, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the central Asian 'Stans...?
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Plus from all over Africa.Most guys from ME or CA however claim to be Syrians.

Comment

Working...
                                X