Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Mine too, that's why I keep saying "soup sandwich". And also why I've been rather nihilistic about the future of the board for so long: We're effectively on a predetermined course with only one possible outcome.

And it absolutely sucks.
    We are locked in the trunk and Thelma and Louise are driving.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Rochen must have a public internet website.
      Would not an approach via that get an answer to our question about transferring data (old threads) to a new site - for a fee of course.

PS I raise this suggestion with some hesitation because it make be they have simply forgotten about us and reminding them we are still here might lead to someone hitting the 'kill switch' prematurely.
      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
        Rochen must have a public internet website.
        Would not an approach via that get an answer to our question about transferring data (old threads) to a new site - for a fee of course.

PS I raise this suggestion with some hesitation because it make be they have simply forgotten about us and reminding them we are still here might lead to someone hitting the 'kill switch' prematurely.
        Tried it. WAB is a "special" case, handled by the CEO only.

How we're still alive and kicking, I have no idea.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for the lack of attention here. I have just followed up privately with TopHatter.

I am going to make sure we get everything fully updated here and back on track hopefully within the next week. I will provide a further update in due course.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support of WAB while we work to get everything fully back on track again :)

- Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Hi Everyone,

My sincerest apologies for the lack of attention here. I have just followed up privately with TopHatter.

I am going to make sure we get everything fully updated here and back on track hopefully within the next week. I will provide a further update in due course.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support of WAB while we work to get everything fully back on track again :)

- Chris
            Great to hear from you Chris, just sent a reply to you. Hope all is well with you and Rochen!
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Hi Everyone,

- Chris
              Many thanks!
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

We're not a paying customer, nor are there any ads on the board..
                We all appreciate the good will Rochen has exhibited and it is exciting to see some communication from them.
                If ads would drive some revenue that would help defray the cost of maintaining the board..... are they an option?
                Granted, I have no knowledge of the "how" or even if such a thing is possible. For example: would the act of "selling" ads for the board entail hiring a salesperson.. etc...
                Just trying to see if there is a way WAB users can do something so the WAB maintainers see a revenue generating partner, at least to some extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by looking4NSFS View Post
                  We all appreciate the good will Rochen has exhibited and it is exciting to see some communication from them.
                  If ads would drive some revenue that would help defray the cost of maintaining the board..... are they an option?
                  Granted, I have no knowledge of the "how" or even if such a thing is possible. For example: would the act of "selling" ads for the board entail hiring a salesperson.. etc...
                  Just trying to see if there is a way WAB users can do something so the WAB maintainers see a revenue generating partner, at least to some extent.
                  That's something I intend to bring up with Chris as we plan out the future of the board.

It's certainly high time that Rochen sees some ROI on the board, through one means or another.

Comment

• Different kind of posting failure this time ...

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                      Different kind of posting failure this time ...

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                      Been getting that one as well.

Comment

• Minor (belated) update: As Chris mentioned, we've been in communication and there should be some changes/stability to the board sometime next week or shortly thereafter.

Comment

Minor (belated) update: As Chris mentioned, we've been in communication and there should be some changes/stability to the board sometime next week or shortly thereafter.
                          Good deal!

Thanks for running this down, Joe.
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Minor (belated) update: As Chris mentioned, we've been in communication and there should be some changes/stability to the board sometime next week or shortly thereafter.
                            Wonderful!
                            The BOLD button works! (apropos of nothing except a small test to see if a button works)
                            The thumbs up button works!! (see TopHatter original post for demonstration)

Rochen, Chris, TopHatter, all involved in this update/upgrade... Thank you!

Comment

• Oh! WOW, talk about a new look.

Kinda prefer the older one since that's how its always been. Can't see any skinning options to do that.

A bit miffed my posts were being rejected earlier so took a break

:confu:
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 17:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                Oh! WOW, talk about a new look.

Kinda prefer the older one since that's how its always been. Can't see any skinning options to do that.
                                The new look is definitely an eye-opener lol. We'll definitely tweak that as time goes by.

Comment

Working...
                                X