No announcement yet.

Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrettably, this will continue to happen and likely will get worse unless I or someone else can get through to Rochen.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      Regrettably, this will continue to happen and likely will get worse unless I or someone else can get through to Rochen.
      Unfortunately I think you are correct, the problem is getting worse. I may be wrong but from my perspective the access issues seem to peak during times when (perhaps because of geography/time differences ) I tend to try to and log into WAB. The result is a 40-50% failure rate. Which is a shame because it means I tend to log in less and less often.

And when I can log in it seems that fewer and fewer other members are also active - no criticism of Forum admin etc intended when I say this BTW (and I want to be proven wrong, if only because I am a long time fan of WAB). That said, I can't help worrying if the technical issues are leading to a decline in the Forum's relevancy?
      Last edited by Monash; 13 Feb 19,, 12:18.
      If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
        And when I can log in it seems that fewer and fewer other members are also active - no criticism of Forum admin etc intended when I say this BTW (and I want to be proven wrong, if only because I am a long time fan of WAB). That said, I can't help worrying if the technical issues are leading to a decline in the Forum's relevancy?
        No offense taken and you're absolutely right: Who wants to use a forum that you can't access? Or lacks even the simplest forum features like emojis?

Nothing any of us can do about it. It's entirely in Rochen's hands and they've stopped talking to us years ago.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter;1048611

Nothing any of us can do about it. It's entirely in Rochen's hands and [B
          they've stopped talking to us years ago[/B].
          Why is that.

Note for today is that it was actually fast to access the board at this time 15:45 PST.

Comment

Well not everything works. I highlighted the last half of the sentence for bold and end up with the first half being bold!??

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              Why is that.

Note for today is that it was actually fast to access the board at this time 15:45 PST.
              No idea, but I assume they have their hands full with their paying work.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                Why is that.

If you check the 'what's going on' section at the bottom of the main page, pay attention to number of guests.

If its way past a thousand it gets slow. If its just above 600 then things are faster.

Comment

The Colonel keeps creating new IDs all the time which shows up at 'what's going on' section at the bottom of the main page, and no one takes any action. Whyyy? I think the youtube channel is a distraction to the events that has led us here to this section of the site.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

^lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      The Colonel keeps creating new IDs all the time which shows up at 'what's going on' section at the bottom of the main page, and no one takes any action. Whyyy?
                      Probably because he forgets his login password, the staff is unable to help him because The Board Is Still Broken and he makes no attempt at sock puppet-style deception.

That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                        Probably because he forgets his login password, the staff is unable to help him because The Board Is Still Broken and he makes no attempt at sock puppet-style deception.

That's why.
                        That was a joke.

Btw, the board is better now than before.
                        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I was again having issues accessing WAB. Also gmail on my chrome browser was not letting me delete e-mails. Stumbled across Brave Browser. It's built on top of the Chromium. Surprisingly fast, not that many issues with WAB or gmail. Been 2+ days I'm using it, and I have happily switched 70% of my work to Brave. People having issues with WAB should give it a try.

Comment

Anyone know what this is all about?

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                              Anyone know what this is all about?

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                              Same thing the issue has always been.

You can count on issues like this multiplying until the board is permanently shut down by them.

Comment

So, in light of what seems to be WABs eventual fall. Has consideration ever been given to a back-up plan? For instance is there a suitable alternate forum out there that Wabers might consider moving to en-mass by prior discussion/agreement when the day finally comes that WAB goes dark?
                                Last edited by Monash; 03 Aug 20,, 03:20.
                                If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X