Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Forum Restored!

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monash View Post
    So, in light of what seems to be WABs eventual fall. Has consideration ever been given to a back-up plan? For instance is there a suitable alternate forum out there that Wabers might consider moving to en-mass by prior discussion/agreement when the day finally comes that WAB goes dark?
    It's been considered, yeah. We've got the technical know-how in Astralis and Ironduke, but what we don't have is the money.

Ironically, that's not the biggest problem because theoretically we would be able to put together the cash somehow and start a new board right now.

The problem is that such an endeavor would be pointless unless we could transfer all or most of of our post history to the new board.

But we can't do that without Rochen. Who isn't talking to us.

So now we're stuck waiting for the board to die (again).

Bit of a soup sandwich, to say the least.
    TwentyFiveFortyFive

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    Anyone know what this is all about?

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Saw this the other day when i tried to edit a post. Started about a week back. Odd.

First time i've ever seen a 406 on this board. Appears some times. Not consistent.

So i do a copy of the post before submitting the post.

If it happens i try to post again and paste the message in and hit the save.

Since it isn't consistent the board accepts it.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Aug 20, at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    It's been considered, yeah. We've got the technical know-how in Astralis and Ironduke, but what we don't have is the money.

Ironically, that's not the biggest problem because theoretically we would be able to put together the cash somehow and start a new board right now.

The problem is that such an endeavor would be pointless unless we could transfer all or most of of our post history to the new board.

But we can't do that without Rochen. Who isn't talking to us.

So now we're stuck waiting for the board to die (again).

Bit of a soup sandwich, to say the least.
    I'd be happy to contribute financially to but as you pointed put we'd still use all of WAB's post history from the great and good all the way through to the laughably stupid and everything in between.

So if people want to stay in touch and debate/share info it might come down to holding a discussion and then a vote on which other forum out there we might all consider migrating to.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Thread Information