Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Forum Restored!

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Regrettably, this will continue to happen and likely will get worse unless I or someone else can get through to Rochen.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Regrettably, this will continue to happen and likely will get worse unless I or someone else can get through to Rochen.
    Unfortunately I think you are correct, the problem is getting worse. I may be wrong but from my perspective the access issues seem to peak during times when (perhaps because of geography/time differences ) I tend to try to and log into WAB. The result is a 40-50% failure rate. Which is a shame because it means I tend to log in less and less often.

And when I can log in it seems that fewer and fewer other members are also active - no criticism of Forum admin etc intended when I say this BTW (and I want to be proven wrong, if only because I am a long time fan of WAB). That said, I can't help worrying if the technical issues are leading to a decline in the Forum's relevancy?
    Last edited by Monash; 13 Feb 19, at 12:18.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monash View Post
    And when I can log in it seems that fewer and fewer other members are also active - no criticism of Forum admin etc intended when I say this BTW (and I want to be proven wrong, if only because I am a long time fan of WAB). That said, I can't help worrying if the technical issues are leading to a decline in the Forum's relevancy?
    No offense taken and you're absolutely right: Who wants to use a forum that you can't access? Or lacks even the simplest forum features like emojis?

Nothing any of us can do about it. It's entirely in Rochen's hands and they've stopped talking to us years ago.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter;1048611

Nothing any of us can do about it. It's entirely in Rochen's hands and [B
    they've stopped talking to us years ago[/B].
    Why is that.

Note for today is that it was actually fast to access the board at this time 15:45 PST.

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Well not everything works. I highlighted the last half of the sentence for bold and end up with the first half being bold!??

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Why is that.

Note for today is that it was actually fast to access the board at this time 15:45 PST.
    No idea, but I assume they have their hands full with their paying work.

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Why is that.

If you check the 'what's going on' section at the bottom of the main page, pay attention to number of guests.

If its way past a thousand it gets slow. If its just above 600 then things are faster.

The Colonel keeps creating new IDs all the time which shows up at 'what's going on' section at the bottom of the main page, and no one takes any action. Whyyy? I think the youtube channel is a distraction to the events that has led us here to this section of the site.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    ^lol

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    The Colonel keeps creating new IDs all the time which shows up at 'what's going on' section at the bottom of the main page, and no one takes any action. Whyyy?
    Probably because he forgets his login password, the staff is unable to help him because The Board Is Still Broken and he makes no attempt at sock puppet-style deception.

That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Probably because he forgets his login password, the staff is unable to help him because The Board Is Still Broken and he makes no attempt at sock puppet-style deception.

That's why.
    That was a joke.

Btw, the board is better now than before.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Thread Information