No announcement yet.

Forum Restored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forums are outdated in general. The only pro they have against let's say FB groups is anonimity.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      Forums are outdated in general. The only pro they have against let's say FB groups is anonimity.
      You missed one important difference: can't ban the jerks on FB. And another: members run their boards; not a corporate entity
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

As for outdated, I think users of forums such as reddit would disagree. What has happened is options have increased, allowing access for more people across more platforms.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
          A side by side comparison of the ones Bolo mentioned and vB...most surprising are the user ratings. There are other differences that are above my pay grade to comment on. Also, the review may be out of date.

http://www.forum-software.org/forum-...in4-vs-xenforo
          Hehe yep I was suprised by the sheer volume of hate spewed on Vbulletin in various forum discussions.
          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            What anonymity? Big players already know everyone, small players can't do anything! LOL!

Comment

@TopHatter, it seems I can receive your message but can't send one. Hope it is resolved soon!

Thank You.

Comment

Can't posts new thread.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by popillol View Post
                  @TopHatter, it seems I can receive your message but can't send one. Hope it is resolved soon!

Thank You.
                  Popillol, I've been receiving your messages...can you try again?
                  If you're still getting failure notices, post here again. Thanks.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  Can't posts new thread.
                  Oracle, which forums are you trying to post new threads on?
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Oracle, which forums are you trying to post new threads on?
                    Central and South Asia.
                    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Central and South Asia.
                      Oddities abound, my sub persona minion can. Hmmmm.
                      Last edited by Parihaka; 05 Aug 15,, 08:25.

Leibniz

Comment

I tried now, and could. Thank you minion. :)

Comment

I tried now, and could. Thank you minion. :)
                          Fab, he's an unreliable wee chap but has his uses sometimes

Leibniz

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4628fbb9dc70514d389ed9491243866f_400x400.png
Views:	2
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	1463492
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Ooh contraire

Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1463493

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                                Fab, he's an unreliable wee chap but has his uses sometimes
                                Okay, Minion, you were right, and I was... less right! We should stick to what we're good at: being bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X