Indian Prime Minister Modi arrives in Ottawa for start of landmark visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Why did Adani buy such huge land parcels if he had no plans of using it?
    its called an investment. You never hear of people buying plots of land just to hold ?

why does this have to use ti requirement arise.

Some other corporate entity could have bought and used the land. So, this is a nexus between Modi and Adani, as between any other politician and business parties. The kickbacks went to the coffers of party fund, which is why even BJP doesn't want political party funding to come under the RTI Act.
    Its not the BJP or any party but the donors who don't want their identity revealed.

And why do we even need a land acquisition law in he first place? If we truly want to become a free market country, let the Corporates talk directly to the farmers and buy their land.
    Because then those people would really get screwed. Illiteracy won't help. Trying to find the right balance is the name of the game.

In a debate on times now, Mr. Jyotiraditya Scindia said the government has a land bank of 90K hectares, this could be used if corporates face difficulty in buying land. Simple.
    hah, govt is the biggest squatter of the lot.

Comment

Can't edit posts yet. Govt has a tendency of grabbing land if its not developed. especially larger tracts. Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        its called an investment. You never hear of people buying plots of land just to hold ?
        It's crony capitalism, not investment. I hear of people holding land all the time, people who buy land so that they could build a house later on in their lives.

iwhy does this have to use ti requirement arise.
        What?

Its not the BJP or any party but the donors who don't want their identity revealed.
        Putting the blame on the donors (?), quite a BJP supporter you are, albeit a masked one. Why didn't then BJP support RTI for political funding?

Because then those people would really get screwed. Illiteracy won't help. Trying to find the right balance is the name of the game.
        And the right balance is corporates like Adani and Government like the current one led by Mr. Modi? Illiterate or not, let the people decide. Which country are you representing here? India or China?

hah, govt is the biggest squatter of the lot.
        Now you agree. Btw, it's not the government, but the Indian Railways which holds the largest land bank.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          It's crony capitalism, not investment. I hear of people holding land all the time, people who buy land so that they could build a house later on in their lives.
          Its investment. I know loads of people that just bought plots for that purpose. Ten years on nothing on. They have other houses. Why bother putting up a house.

Putting the blame on the donors (?), quite a BJP supporter you are, albeit a masked one. Why didn't then BJP support RTI for political funding?
          corporate sponsorship was allowed in the 80s, there were no takers. For the reason i mentioned to commander. if you want to know more about that look up a guy called Milan Vaishnav.

And the right balance is corporates like Adani and Government like the current one led by Mr. Modi? Illiterate or not, let the people decide. Which country are you representing here? India or China?
          Umm India is rule by law, China is govern by law.

Right balance is what the present govt is trying to push through parliament. The present bill is unworkable and has no takers. For the exact reasons pointed out in the forbes article which could not scream louder, do not invest in India!

India might be 170 in ease of doing business. Gujarat is where, maybe 60.

Now you agree. Btw, it's not the government, but the Indian Railways which holds the largest land bank.
          Govt sits on lots of land, they sit on lots of spectrum too.They're the biggest thug around.

Comment

The exact figure is 142 rank (as of 2015). Amongst 17 cities in India Ahmedabad is rated 5.
            The top city for doing business is Ludhiana.
            http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/ex...uction-permits

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Ease of doing business is 142. i was thinking of the starting a business ranking, its 158. This has changed from a year ago where it was 170. We have beaten Gaza & Eritrea since but Bosnia is still ahead.

Look at the city rankings, Bangalore comes last when it comes to starting a business and Bombay for enforcing contracts (!), guess who is second from last ? Ahmedabad.

Comment

Ease of doing business is 142. i was thinking of the starting a business ranking, its 158. This has changed from a year ago where it was 170. We have beaten Gaza & Eritrea since but Bosnia is still ahead.

Look at the city rankings, Bangalore comes last when it comes to starting a business and Bombay for enforcing contracts (!), guess who is second from last ? Ahmedabad.
                I take the city rankings with a bag of salt. Since some municipals enforce the law in letter and spirit, that is make your life hell to start business. While some don't enforce any rules. But being an entrepreneur in the past, I know that an honest man cannot start business in India.

The ranking for country have actually decreased for India, 140 in 2014 and 142 in 2015 - not that it means much.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Arun Shourie tears into Narendra Modi; also targets Arun Jaitley, Amit Shah

The in-fighting has started.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Its investment. I know loads of people that just bought plots for that purpose. Ten years on nothing on. They have other houses. Why bother putting up a house.
                    Investment in your books, not mine. That is a Adani (corporate) + Modi (Gujarat Government) scam. It might not be illegal according to the laws of the land, but it's not upto my taste.

corporate sponsorship was allowed in the 80s, there were no takers. For the reason i mentioned to commander. if you want to know more about that look up a guy called Milan Vaishnav.
                    The BJP could try now. They are in power.

Umm India is rule by law, China is govern by law.

Right balance is what the present govt is trying to push through parliament. The present bill is unworkable and has no takers. For the exact reasons pointed out in the forbes article which could not scream louder, do not invest in India!

Gujarat was not doing bad at all before BJP came into power-play. Gujaratis are business minded, well to do guys.

Govt sits on lots of land, they sit on lots of spectrum too.They're the biggest thug around.
                    Agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X