Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A.F.Krepinevich, PhD - CSBA: Maritime Competition in a Mature Precision-Strike Regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.F.Krepinevich, PhD - CSBA: Maritime Competition in a Mature Precision-Strike Regime

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39614[/ATTACH]
    Looking at a Lexis-Nexis news feed this AM, I saw an interesting article by Sydney J. Freedberg Jr. at Breaking Defense, No Man’s Sea: CSBA’s Lethal Vision Of Future Naval War

I have not yet had time to read Krepinevich's paper that was the subject of the article, but thought I'd post a copy of the abstract and a link to the paper (see below), as well as a link to Freedberg's article (see above), in case others may be interested.

Enjoy...

Maritime Competition in a Mature Precision-Strike Regime

Download the paper:
    http://csbaonline.org/wp-content/upl.../MMPSR-Web.pdf

Abstract: For over two decades, the U.S. military has enjoyed a near-monopoly in precision-guided weaponry and their associated battle networks. Recently, however, the proliferation of these capabilities to other militaries and non-state entities is gathering momentum. Through case studies of Mediterranean operations and kamikazes in World War II, the Mediterranean no-go zone in the Cold War, the Falklands War, and the First Gulf War, Dr. Andrew Krepinevich assesses the trajectory of maritime warfare. He finds that the advent of long-range sensors and strike capabilities may ultimately shrink oceans to “Mediterranean size,” imposing severe restrictions on the freedom of maneuver of surface naval forces, similar to those faced by navies operating in the Mediterranean in World War II. Krepinevich proposes four operational concepts in light of these challenges, centered on winning the “scouting campaign,” depleting adversary long-range strike systems, and engaging in peripheral campaigns. The assessment and these concepts can inform the debate within the professional military and strategic studies characteristics of future maritime warfare and allow the United States to shape the competitive regime to its liking.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by JRT View Post
    Looking at a Lexis-Nexis news feed this AM, I saw an interesting article by Sydney J. Freedberg Jr. at Breaking Defense, No Man’s Sea: CSBA’s Lethal Vision Of Future Naval War

I have not yet had time to read Krepinevich's paper that was the subject of the article, but thought I'd post a copy of the abstract and a link to the paper (see below), as well as a link to Freedberg's article (see above), in case others may be interested.

Enjoy...
    Oh my, what will Andy think of next?

Comment

A.F.Krepinevich ....

Originally posted by JRT View Post

Enjoy...
      Gee.... the red and blue symbols look a lot like Bear bombers, P-3 Orions, B-2's and Virginia class SSN's, now if I could find A.F.Krepinevich in this mix

Comment

Precision long ranged weapons in non-state actors' hands???? What exactly does this mean, it sounds like the usual terrorism sells buzzword. I don't see the Atlantic getting any smaller for warships any time soon.

Comment

That's why made the comment above. I know Krepinevich slightly. He was a frequent special guest star at the Naval War College and he'd hang around the Joint Staff and DoD spaces in the Pentagon all the time. He has a very high opinion of himself and has as many supporters (usually on the DoD civilian side) has detractors inside the five-sided puzzle palace.

Comment

Working...
          X