A Billion dollar arms package to Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Billion dollar arms package to Pakistan

US gives final nod to sale of billion-dollar arms cache to Pak | Business Standard News

Wow such brilliance, you got to love the Pakistanis they know how to screw the Americans out of their money.

US should stop pumping weapons and money into these failed States, will invariably end up with the terrorists, with Pakistan along with the nuclear weapons.
    Last edited by kuku; 08 Apr 15,, 17:43.

Looks like US is pressuring India to buy Apaches. They are saying, "Look here! See your enemy is buying all these weapons! Why don't you beat them and buy these weapons instead and be out on the top!"

US should not complain ever about India buying oil from Iran or other countries that US deems to be unfriendly and selling weapons to those countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      Looks like US is pressuring India to buy Apaches. They are saying, "Look here! See your enemy is buying all these weapons! Why don't you beat them and buy these weapons instead and be out on the top!"

US should not complain ever about India buying oil from Iran or other countries that US deems to be unfriendly and selling weapons to those countries.
      I don't think that's how reality works, buying a weapon from US will depend on how that weapon performs In comparison with others in the market.

US understands India will never be on the same page on Iran and Russia.

It's kind of restarted of US administration to say that IFF and anti missile warning and some of the bullshit listed is for anti terror ops. It's for anti India ops, and it's okay US money US weapons US choice to send them anywhere it likes, in this case down the drain. It's just the anti terror ops help to a terrorist state that's funny.

It was the same bullshit when US was giving weapons earlier which we're meant for the sole purpose of providing Pakistan with weapons to counter Indian military, under the anti terror route, such a damn waste of money.
      Last edited by kuku; 08 Apr 15,, 19:01.

Comment

It's the State Department.They're known for their rabid anti-India bias. Now, can someone (US-MP) enlighten me about this package? Why it's necessary et. al.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I think the bias is more like bribes and lobbying, which is very good work by Pakistan.

What gets me is that US doesn't blink while thriwing good money after bad, these guys are made from money.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
            I think the bias is more like bribes and lobbying, which is very good work by Pakistan.

What gets me is that US doesn't blink while thriwing good money after bad, these guys are made from money.
            Don't agree. What US thinks today, others know 50 years down the line. It's not lobbying, it's playing 2 monkeys side by side. Do you remember B. Raman's comment about the State Department lady in the 80's or maybe 90's?
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I don't give the Americans that many points.
              Especially after the way they made an ass out of themselves in Afghanistan.

Comment

I will admit the US's attitude toward India has often baffled me. They seem to go out of their way to insult and harass.
                The funniest part? Maintain the military balance. Without the U.S. Pakistan would be fighting with stones.
                Last edited by Parihaka; 08 Apr 15,, 20:10.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

What's so new? We were expecting 1 billion screaming Chinese to attack the USSR while keep arming Taiwan with the latest weapons.
                  Chimo

Comment

America must have asked for something in return under table.

Comment

Well, if you want to be cynical about it, Pakistan just received 3 Z-10 attack helicopters from China, and they've been asking for the Vipers a very, very long time...

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        What's so new? We were expecting 1 billion screaming Chinese to attack the USSR while keep arming Taiwan with the latest weapons.
                        Then US cannot complain if India decides not to follow in line with the sanctions imposed against Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          It's the State Department.They're known for their rabid anti-India bias. Now, can someone (US-MP) enlighten me about this package? Why it's necessary et. al.
                          A wise man once said "most nations have an army; Pakistani army has a nation."

This is how we keep the Pakistani army on our payroll. Noticed how well that worked in Egypt? We got rid of Mubarak. Egypt voted in the Muslim Brotherhood. Egyptians (and us) couldn't get rid of it via normal means. In came the Egyptian army to remove a "democratically elected" president and set up a government more to our taste.

Keeping the Pakistani army on our payroll means we can more or less control Pakistan. Keep them busy fighting with each other and they'll have less energy to spend on messing with us.
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                            Then US cannot complain if India decides not to follow in line with the sanctions imposed against Iran.
                            Of course the US can complain. What's stopping her?
                            Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              A wise man once said "most nations have an army; Pakistani army has a nation."

This is how we keep the Pakistani army on our payroll. Noticed how well that worked in Egypt? We got rid of Mubarak. Egypt voted in the Muslim Brotherhood. Egyptians (and us) couldn't get rid of it via normal means. In came the Egyptian army to remove a "democratically elected" president and set up a government more to our taste.

Keeping the Pakistani army on our payroll means we can more or less control Pakistan. Keep them busy fighting with each other and they'll have less energy to spend on messing with us.
                              Morsi was fairly elected. His biggest problem Was that he was on literally every major shit list in the region. I did plenty of research on him and his election. You would be appalled if what happen to him happened here in the states. Egypt actually voted anti-military in that election, and by a wide margin. Morsi overcame incredible odds and has since been thoroughly discredited and slandered without a means of responding. The people and countries involved know exactly what they did. It was a blatant coup. His presidency threatened too many people, and not for the nitwit's rallying cry "he's an Islamist!" It was because he was, without a shadow of a doubt, a fairly and popularly elected Islamist.
                              Last edited by Squirrel; 09 Apr 15,, 01:42.
                              "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Working...
                              X