A Billion dollar arms package to Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    We're hoping the terrorists would target the Pak army for being the "lap dog of the decadent imperialists" instead of targeting the "decadent imperialists" directly.

Didn't someone recently attack a Pakistan military school or something? See my point?
    I get it. But what you just said might be inferred to be US policy in Pakistan now. They already blame you guys for everything.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Well, then, time to focus on how dangerous China is to its South China Sea neighbors. Hey look, that's exactly what happened. ;)
    Sure, I like Chinese food too. And well we'll be having better toys (Apache, Chinook) soon.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Pakistan to use US weapons in fight against India, not jihadists: Hussain Haqqani, former diplomat

This coming from an ex Pak Ambassador to US is disturbing.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

He said that given Pakistan's "past behavior", it is "likely" that the 15 AH-1Z Viper helicopters and 1,000 Hellfire missiles as well as communications and training equipment will be used against secular insurgents in southwest Balochistan province and along the disputed border in Kashmir rather than against the jihadists in the northwest.
        So it can be used against insurgents just not the ones we would put at the top of the list.

The rest of his article is about what they will do (in the future). Well i would like to call him on that. Do let us know how they will use these on the disputed border.

If Pakistan had asked for F-16's then what would have been the reaction ? they do use F-16s to bomb insurgent areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          But they got people out on the streets and kept them there.

You could say the same thing about people who started the ball rolling in Tahrir. All they could do was oust Mubarak. They did not have a clue how to move forward after. Entities such as the MB that were better organised took advantage. And the same happened again when Morsi was ousted. reverted back to the military because there was no suitable civilian replacement.

So that's two ousters back to back with Mubarak being the more significant.

Once they realised the people were behind them. I see this as a temporary situation until the people can rise up again. They will have to go further the next time.

Tunisia is the sole country to survive the arab spring. Nahada made compromises that MB in egypt would not.
          The MB got people out there too...and they were arrested en masse, put on sham trials, and some were sentenced, even to death. They went from being the most populous voting bloc to a terror organization. To say that the people were with the military totally ignores the fact that the military was literally killing its citizens that opposed them.
          "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Unable to post new thread due to the vBulletin issue, so I'm posting it here.

Pakistani Taliban claim to have successfully test-fired missile called ‘Omar-1’

Comment

Working...
            X