At Last the Truth is Out: Your Favorite Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Last the Truth is Out: Your Favorite Beer

Seems that Bud Light is America's favorite beer. It's not mine, not that I drink much beer, but I'll take a Sam Adams ale over that swill.

As seen in the Economist.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Not only do I hate the beer I also despise their moronic commercials. I drink beer every night and have only drank generally small brewer beers such as Fat Tire Amber, Pyramid Amber and Lagunitas IPA. Sam Adams is bigger but still a darn good beer.

Comment

Sad to see kingfisher still top.
      Too much glycerin causes mega headaches.

I had to cut way back on alcohol to modest amounts about 1 or 2 times a week but sticking to carlsberg these days.
      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Wisconsin small brews.

Spotted Cow.

New Glarus Brewing

You won't see it outside the state, since they can't keep up here.

Comment

A pretty sad commentary on the taste (or lack thereof) of the average American beer drinker. Never had a liking for any Budweiser beers, Lite or otherwise; only way I'd drink it was if I was at a social function where it was free, and there was nothing else to drink. If I'm going to drink a cheap/inexpensive beer, give me a Coors any day.

I've gone "up the food chain", so to speak, in my taste for beer; started out with Coors Light/Extra Gold (we thought we were really cool in college drinking Coors Extra Gold), worked my way "up" to the Canadian ales/lagers (Labatt, Moosehead, Molson, etc.), then decided in the '90's that Heineken was the "cool" beer, and finally "discovered" American ales/IPAs/lagers (in particular, Sierra Nevada ales).
          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Spaten Optimator Is my first choice. They also make a beer that is frozen for a few months but I can not remember the name at the moment. Both are rather difficult to get in my neck of the woods. Therefore my mainstay is Deschutes black butte porter. Although a Guinness float hits the spot every now and then. As always draft is the first choice, bottle if I have to…..never from a can.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I hear you Stitch. Growing up everyone around be drank Bud from a can. For many years I thought I didn't like beer. Then I went to college and my oh my the things I did learn.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

fat tire, sierra Nevada pale ale, anchor steam, prima pils.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

1. On a hot day an ice Cold Bud Light is very refreshing.

2. For regular consumption...Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager, Yuengling or Shiner.

3. For small breweries I tend to go for the wheats...Allagash White is my go to. Recent new addition is Dogfish Head Namaste!
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Me...
                      Carlsberg on a hot day
                      Tucher for evening
                      If I feel like splurging and be sophisticated, Chimay
                      When I play pool table in a bar, I go for Samuel Adams.

Comment

I like many beers...
                        Carlsberg, Tuborg, Budwiser, Kingfisher, Fosters etc, etc

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

VB this week (we're in Melbourne).
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

I drink lots of Bud Light. I buy them by the 30-pack.

No, I don't consider Bud Light to be beer. If you don't know me, I don't drink water. I drink coffee, iced tea, hot tea, sometimes coca cola. I drink Bud Light as a water substitute because it's pretty...light.

My favorite beer? Depending on my mood. Guiness Draught, Blue Moon hef, Spaten Oktoberfest, and something amazingly good, Budweiser Dunkel.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

According to this chart, I'm Irish. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X