Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Clinton scenario. Do something "not quite right", lie and make the deal even bigger, rely on the American people being as stupid as you thought.

Private emails - not that big a deal, but her lies to cover what could have been just a minor story have promoted this into a huge deal. This would have been the time to use the phrase "What difference does it make?" Assuming of course, that she gave up all her govt emails (which I doubt, but that is another issue).

This is like Bill smoking weed but not inhaling, then WHAT WERE YOU DOING? Say you smoked, don't anymore and be done! No one cares!
    Bill didn't have sex with Lewinski, it was just a BJ. REALLY??? You think anyone (besides the American citizen) believes that? Just show a picture of Hillary and ask if we want to see a naked one - you're forgiven. Her naked is a reason to do weed - but no, you lie and insult our intelligence.

I have better reasons to dislike Hillary, and her husband, but no one wants to listen to REAL ISSUES, when we can make up crap about a stupid email.
    "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      indeed. AP didn't get the e-mails via FOIA request, they are going to get it because they sued and won under the FOIA.
      Thus, my point. The State Department could not produce emails they don't have because she used a personal email and deleted over 30,000 of them. It's FOIA subversion.

Comment

Mrs. Clinton is close to being a septuagenarian. My parents are nobody important and I can't convince them to follow any of my internet safety suggestions. Frankly the thought of so many technologically ill-informed people in positions of power who cannot be bothered to listen to policy guideline (which are no doubt repeated ad nauseum in State) on security protocols frightens me.
        All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
        -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

1. State Department guidelines required that any records deemed by the employee as personal be reviewed and approved as such. She did not do this.

2. Her personal email is an affront to FOIA.

3. She destroyed/ refuses to turn over 30,000ish emails that have not been cleared as personal as required.

4. She did government business on a less than secure server and account.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            To be fair, 99.9% of government bussiness including SECSTATE deals with non-class materials. Security ain't a matter on these issues. Do we really to know that Hillary asked the staff down two doors to bring donuts?
            Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              To be fair, 99.9% of government bussiness including SECSTATE deals with non-class materials. Security ain't a matter on these issues. Do we really to know that Hillary asked the staff down two doors to bring donuts?
              Even if it's indeed 0.1% that would be dozens of classified emails. If it was, say, 1%, it would be hundreds.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                Even if it's indeed 0.1% that would be dozens of classified emails. If it was, say, 1%, it would be hundreds.
                I ain't spending $500,000 to protect/determine $200 of data.

Besides, 24-10 criteria rules. Can the material affect the outcome within the next 24 hours? If yes, spend 10 minutes to really collober it up. If not, send it through regardless.

The thing to judge is the attachements. Extremely few one page emails break the 24-10 rule
                Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  Z,
                  My problem is that any ordinary employee of government or public servant working on sensitive information and did this would be finished. This is something that she must have been briefed on repeatedly.
                  All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.

Comment

Is it a government biz?

I understand that the donuts were freaking delicious and that the fate of someone depended on them being delivered at once, but seriously, is it worth the e-mail when you can shout to your second deputy assistant :) ?
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I ain't spending $500,000 to protect/determine $200 of data.

Besides, 24-10 criteria rules. Can the material affect the outcome within the next 24 hours? If yes, spend 10 minutes to really collober it up. If not, send it through regardless.

The thing to judge is the attachements. Extremely few one page emails break the 24-10 rule
                      Sir that is for a military operation. A single missive from the sec state could reveal all manners of useful strategic information, such as intent, mentality, and objectives, which could give adversaries a vital advantage. Imagine if we could read sergey Lavrov's private notes. Could that help us manage the Russian situation?

Fine, Hillary gets a get out of jail free card on this aspect of the controversy because she's the one who got to decide what was and wasn't classified. But she should not be left off the hook so easily for the other issues of accountability and transparency. Senior government officials willfully ignoring the rules and hiding public record in private vaults is not something Americans ignore,not unless we want to become more like Putin's Russia.

And then there's the reason she gave: convenience. For convenience's sake she did something that would get more junior officials prosecuted and thought nothing about it. Does the flippancy of this excuse give her cover, or does it only highlight the callousness and arrogance of power?

Comment

If any SECSTATE is sending classifeid emails on an unclassifed system, that is a problem - period. It doesn't matter if she is using a .com or .gov email. The "secure" government email is only suitible to protect PII and FOUO. If she is sending anything real classified, it needs to be on a classified server - and if anyone in the government is getting classified emails on their unclassified systems they are just as wrong for not reporting it.

If Hillary is sending FOUO material that isn't properly protected, "what difference does it make"? If she's sending secret documents, then it should be Leavenworth time, for her and whoever got the email and didn't say, "Whoa, stop the presses, take the server offline, we've got a problem here!"
                        "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Sir, the more unsecure business (government or personal) she did, the bigger the chance a hacker gets the account. The risks to the secure data go up with each request for donuts, text to friends about the grandbaby etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                            Z,
                            My problem is that any ordinary employee of government or public servant working on sensitive information and did this would be finished. This is something that she must have been briefed on repeatedly.
                            Don't bet on it.

Mandatory training for US Government employees is uneven at best.

Each Department has their own standards. They just have to be IAW FISMA and CIPSEA....and all are open to interpretation.

I can show you 2 different FY 15 Online Security courses....from 2 different Army commands...which contradict each other.

And the standards at the SES level, especially the political appointee SES level.....please!
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like there's a big ragged hole where a SOP should be.

Comment

it's really too difficult for such an overarching SOP, though.

for instance, if I go to a certain East Asian country, I will not bring my electronics. how then do I send official written notifications home? I log into a gmail account...
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X