This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
    really? was that what happened after Gore did it?

I was waiting for someone to bring up this irrelevant example. Florida went into an automatically mandated recount due to the small margin, as per Florida State law. Everything that Gore did after that was as per Florida law. Event the Supreme Court judgement sealing the fate of that election instructed that the judgement was due to specific circumstance and should not be considered as a precedent.

If Trump had agreed to accept the result barring any extenuating circumstances (like his running mate Pence and surrogate Conway had said earlier) it would have been acceptable. Instead he is going to keep us all "in suspense". Maybe the Democrats should return the favor with any race that do not go their way.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by JRT View Post
      It is the POTUS who holds authority over the executive branch.

The prosecutor works for the executive branch. The judge and the court do not.
      'Responsibility for' is not the same as 'personally directs'. A President is also Commander in Chief but does not personally direct battle tactics on the ground. To use the power of President to prompt or initiate criminal proceedings against a political opponent smacks of dictatorship.

Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
      really? was that what happened after Gore did it?
      Bush (Snr) to Clinton:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CvJA_nFWEAESx1C.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1469564

Comment

• this is what it sounds like.

http://www.theonion.com/article/trum...-militia-54481

NEW YORK—Sitting down with his most heavily armed advisors to go over potential courses of action, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump reportedly held a strategy meeting with his campaign’s top militia leaders Thursday afternoon in order to map out their approach before November 8.

“We’re seeing tight races in Ohio and Nevada, so that’s where we need to concentrate our resources right now,” said Ron Bishop, Trump’s national militia coordinator, who ran the candidate through the various on-the-ground preparations that were being taken by the militia heads at local field offices throughout the nation, before leading the group in a brainstorming session on scenarios they might face on Election Day. “We really need to start ramping up operations in every state during these final weeks before people head to the polls. While we’ve already built dependable networks in our key strongholds in the Deep South and the West, we must prepare for the prospect of having to take action in places like Missouri and Arizona, too. We want to be as agile as possible so that we can execute a comprehensive and decisive strategy when the time comes.”

At press time, Bishop was laying out a detailed plan for how Trump could take the White House.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
          I was waiting for someone to bring up this irrelevant example. Florida went into an automatically mandated recount due to the small margin, as per Florida State law. Everything that Gore did after that was as per Florida law. Event the Supreme Court judgement sealing the fate of that election instructed that the judgement was due to specific circumstance and should not be considered as a precedent.

If Trump had agreed to accept the result barring any extenuating circumstances (like his running mate Pence and surrogate Conway had said earlier) it would have been acceptable. Instead he is going to keep us all "in suspense". Maybe the Democrats should return the favor with any race that do not go their way.
          Irrelevant? Despite Wether it was triggered by Gore or the Florida courts, he certainly milked and pushed it for all he could.

Hardly irrelevant.

And all Trump said was We'll see'. As much as they both should commit to results and stick to it (I doubt hillary loses) but let's say she did, and it's very close... I have a hard time picturing her just walking away. (Pure speculation with obviously no basis of fact).

All things considered, like the DNC rigging things against Bernie, the suposed reports of the dnc being responsible for riots at Trump rallies etc etc etc, i think close elections are going to go this way.

There's just too much corruption out there, accusations of voter fraud, claims it's ridiculous, District manipulation (The demo are heading up a new campaign for redistricting based on the claim that Republicans have been manipulating themy for control of local gov.)
          Last edited by bfng3569; 21 Oct 16,, 00:09.

Comment

Irrelevant? Despite Wether it was triggered by Gore or the Florida courts, he certainly milked and pushed it for all he could.

Hardly irrelevant.
            What kind of BS is this? It was an automatic recount, as mandated by Florida State Law.

Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
            And all Trump said was We'll see'. As much as they both should commit to results and stick to it (I doubt hillary loses) but let's say she did, and it's very close...
            Really? That's all he said?
            During the debate, he said nothing about it being close. He has been saying it is rigged and ten on he stage he said he will keep us all in suspense. Contrast what trump said with what Pence or Conway said.

Democrats down the ticket should return this favor and should take whatever means they can to oppose any Republican winner, if Trump refuses to concede.
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Gore asked the Florida State Supreme Court to change election law in his favor after the election and first recount both said he lost. He went down swining on Dec 13, he did not bow out graciously.

Look, Trump is deeply flawed and morally bankrupt. Clinton however is criminal ad incompetent. The PVeritas videos of organized political violence are simply the latest proof of this. How anyone can support her after the FBI email releases showing blatant criminality and an attempted quid pro quo, the wikileaks dump that shows cheating at debates, racism, religious intolerance, two faced positions, plotting to deny a Congressional Subpoena and allegiance to Soros. To this add her record of failure, the latest American to die of her incompetence died today in Mosul from an IED. Oh and finally her defense before the FBI amounted to, "well I am brain damaged so..."

Oh, and she spilled two critical nuclear secrets last night. I know Snopes is already trying to downplay it but here amongst us lets be honest. She revealed information that before last night had at best been speculation. However do to her positions both as first lady and Sec State (4th in line for the presidency in an emergency) what she said is literally from the Horse's mouth.
              Last edited by zraver; 21 Oct 16,, 02:10.

Comment

What kind of BS is this? It was an automatic recount, as mandated by Florida State Law.

Really? That's all he said?
                During the debate, he said nothing about it being close. He has been saying it is rigged and ten on he stage he said he will keep us all in suspense. Contrast what trump said with what Pence or Conway said.

Democrats down the ticket should return this favor and should take whatever means they can to oppose any Republican winner, if Trump refuses to concede.
                No, your right. He said nothing about it being close. Or being a landslide.

All he said is... what he said.

You seem to be implying or inferring a whole lot more than 'what he said'.

Talk about BS.

Comment

Hardly irrelevant.
                  He did milk it for all it was worth, but that's another story. Being willing in principle to accept the results of an election is different from conceding if you lose. Obviously you cannot concede before the election. In the 2000 election Gore did not concede not because he didn't want to accept the result, but because the result was not immediately known. There was a very close race in one state, Florida, to decide. It held enough electoral votes to determine the outcome of the presidential race, but first it has to conduct a recount because less than 0.05% of the votes cast separated the leader (Bush) from the runner up (Gore) and with a lead that slim, Florida law requires a recount as Antimony pointed out. Naturally, Gore held off conceding until the recount was over. Indeed he and his lawyers prolonged it. Throughout it all he never said or implied that he wouldn't accept the result of the election if it didn't go his way. Ultimately Florida certified Bush as the winner, and Gore accepted the result.

BTW, it appears that Trump changed his tune today. Slightly. The NY Times reports that he will accept the result of the election "if I win".
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                    Throughout it all he never said or implied that he wouldn't accept the result of the election if it didn't go his way.
                    He lost every single recount and had resorted to asking the Florida Supreme Court to change election law post facto to give him the win. It was this attempt to get election laws rewritten that lead to the Bush team appealing to SCOTUS. He did not concede until Dec 13 when SCOTUS said enough and left him no further options.

His private actions to a de facto refusal to accept the election. There was nothing noble or traditional in what he did, he tried to steal the election. His actions and media cover left a good chunk of the electorate thinking Bush was the one who stole the election.

Comment

• 12 million dollar pay to play, she used her posistion as Sec State to directly benefit the CGI's endowment.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/22030

Comment

No, your right. He said nothing about it being close. Or being a landslide.

All he said is... what he said.

You seem to be implying or inferring a whole lot more than 'what he said'.

Talk about BS.
                        This is what he said:

"I will look at it at the time. I'm not looking at anything now. I'll look at it at the time," Trump replied.

Pressed again by Wallace moments later, Trump said "What I am saying is that I will tell you at the time, I will keep you in suspense, okay"

I think the American people deserve better than to be kept "in suspense"

Comment

its funny though, because when you listen to Hilary talking about 'free college, healthcare for everyone, going to keep medicare/Medicaid going, increased early child hood education, fix the infrastructure, fix the inner cities, improve things for the middle class, increase minimum wage' and its 'not going to add a penny to the national debt' and your 'taxes wont go up at all...'

well, unless you happen to be a one percenter.

she's basically promising 95% of the country that there life's will get better under her. that she can do it all for everyone and no one gets hurt.

I think everyone is pretty aware that the reality is far from that.

How could any presidential candidate strive to work for the 99%, or the 95%?

Sheesh.
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                            How could any presidential candidate strive to work for the 99%, or the 95%?

Sheesh.
                            hope and change.

transparency.

inclusive instead of divisive

united as one

work with the opposition.

those are some of the 'promises' I remember the current President running on.

how'd that turn out?

Comment

• Mr. Trump shouldn't have answered hypothetical question in the first place or answer should have negated the question by ruling out the defeat. In my understanding he has been asked this question twice and then debate on the same has been made national discourse. I think there is some kind of subtle messaging being sent across that he is not winning.

Trump's inexperience has given plenty of ammunition to nauseating leftist who haven't so far made any substantial argument against Trump, other than ad hominem.

Another interesting thing I have noticed glancing through MSM and SM that those so called unbiased/fence sitter otherwise with great/deep understanding of socio-political, military and strategic affairs somehow want Trump to spoon feed them in an un-encrypted dialect whereas Ms. Clinton's laborious propaganda has become bench mark to judge Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRT View Post
                                Your opinion may differ from that of the POTUS.

It is the POTUS who holds authority over the executive branch.

The prosecutor works for the executive branch. The judge and the court do not.

Being a post-election political opponent of the POTUS does not convey any special immunity from prosecution for violation of criminal law.

edit: Just to be clear, I am not in favor of Trump for POTUS.
                                Just to clear up. It is the Attorney General who can appoint a special prosecutor, not the President. That went away post-Whitewater. The AG can decline to appoint a special prosecutor since a special prosecutor needs to be seen as apolitical.

I don't disagree with your premise that the authority resides with the Executive. However, to go after a recent opponent, especially after the director of the FBI has already stated there is insufficient to prosecute, would be political suicide. I don't mean getting reelected. I mean he would be unable to get anything done with Congress, which is liable to be a Democratic Senate. Good luck getting ANYTHING done. You will get no presidential appointee approved.

JAD, regarding the folks you know who are backing DJT....the major issue with all you say are what are seen as his virtues are actually goin got work against him in order to govern. He has to work with Congress and Federal Bureaucracy in order to govern. That is one thing I give HRC over just about all of the candidates.

With the exception of John Kasich, she probably has the most experience working within that construct which is how are country works. I recognize her warts and blemishes but the one thing she has proven over the years is she rarely will make the same mistake twice. She learns and moves on. I certainly think she is going to be much more centrist than Obama. And I think she will remind those within the party that Sanders was a registered Independent until June 2015 when he decided to run for president. He will be punished for not being a good soldier and as she governs she will be less beholden to the Bernie wing.
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X