Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That rascal, Snowden, makes the point here that seems to be lost on the media and a heck of a lot of other doubting Thomas's. NSA knows exactly what Russia did and has no intention of letting the world how. No doubt the Russians would dearly love to know our methods, and I see no reason why NSA or any US intel agency would reveal them just to placate the media and curiosity seekers. I go along with most of the guys on the Hill that say Russia did it and Obama was right, if late, in taking retaliatory action. And BTW, I was right a couple of weeks ago when I predicted Trump would ask for an intel briefing on Russia's complicity in the hacks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it has changed his sugary attitude toward Putin. I suspect he's convinced, but will stick to his guns. The whole affair has thrown a monkey wrench into his plans on how to deal with Russia. Maybe there's some method to his madness. We'll see.

When N. Korea hacked Sony, our intel agencies were less reticent about revealing how they fingered N.Korea. Still, they didn't get technical, but rather focused on language usage and careless mistakes the N.Koreans made.
    Read about it here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.29eaf65db41b
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
      That rascal, Snowden, makes the point here that seems to be lost on the media and a heck of a lot of other doubting Thomas's. NSA knows exactly what Russia did and has no intention of letting the world how. No doubt the Russians would dearly love to know our methods, and I see no reason why NSA or any US intel agency would reveal them just to placate the media and curiosity seekers. I go along with most of the guys on the Hill that say Russia did it and Obama was right, if late, in taking retaliatory action. And BTW, I was right a couple of weeks ago when I predicted Trump would ask for an intel briefing on Russia's complicity in the hacks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it has changed his sugary attitude toward Putin. I suspect he's convinced, but will stick to his guns. The whole affair has thrown a monkey wrench into his plans on how to deal with Russia. Maybe there's some method to his madness. We'll see.

When N. Korea hacked Sony, our intel agencies were less reticent about revealing how they fingered N.Korea. Still, they didn't get technical, but rather focused on language usage and careless mistakes the N.Koreans made.
      I dont follow the drama about who did what. News outlets say Obama expelled 35 Ruskies. Putin stops the puck. Ruskies pack and go home. No doubt there are spies and no doubt Russia did spy on US (same as US does elsewehere). The thing that I missed is how Russia interfered your elections and to what extent. Also, I missed the part about deporting the Chinese for stealing military equipment blueprints, federal employees data and what not. So Russians did something worse, yet we dont/cant know what, all the while pointing fingers at them showing two attacks originated from there and 139 (IIRC) from China.

I also missed the part where heads roll over breach of security and incompetence.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

That rascal, Snowden, makes the point here that seems to be lost on the media and a heck of a lot of other doubting Thomas's. NSA knows exactly what Russia did and has no intention of letting the world how. No doubt the Russians would dearly love to know our methods, and I see no reason why NSA or any US intel agency would reveal them just to placate the media and curiosity seekers. I go along with most of the guys on the Hill that say Russia did it and Obama was right, if late, in taking retaliatory action. And BTW, I was right a couple of weeks ago when I predicted Trump would ask for an intel briefing on Russia's complicity in the hacks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it has changed his sugary attitude toward Putin. I suspect he's convinced, but will stick to his guns. The whole affair has thrown a monkey wrench into his plans on how to deal with Russia. Maybe there's some method to his madness. We'll see.

And this is why I said Barry played this rather badly....no disasterously.

I have no doubt the NSA has the capability to nail down exactly who hacked us. And maybe even some humint or intercepts reveal the intents. But now we are at a point where he started something stupidly and the only way to prove what he says 100% is to reveal some of our capabilities.

JAD, did you not see this coming when Obama started this whole "review" bullshit?

Yes, those who were briefed probably knows the hackers and methods but the problem is we do not and half the population think it's total bullshit while over 50% of Democrats think the voting machines were being hacked.

There were many other ways he could have handled this and Obama being Obama, chose the most unproductive and stupid way to handle it.

Also, he didn't take any actions when the Russians and the Chinese were snooping around something imporant, like the Pentagon servers or other national security servers.

But now?

Now when a friggin gmail account got hacked and released the Democrats dirty laundry? Now it's a matter of national security????

Oh he also included some sob story of how a diplomat got harrassed at Moscow way back when....as if to try desperately to convince us he was righteous on this.

Secondly, and I am also replying to snapper' question earlier on here:

No, I am not one damn bit concerned about what the Russians did to us.

I was a bit concerned earlier when I thought they used malwares or zero days to hack into the DNC or other institutions but they used FRIGGIN SPEAR-PHISHING.

Sure, the FBI report made it out to be some exotic method that the Russians developed but as I stated before, it's the same amateurish method used by thousands of kids 20 years ago.

Some common sense would've prevented this whole fiasco.

I bet our American tech geeks probe all over the world too and just because some of theirs managed to trick some of our dumb people into giving them their passwords is no reason to get concenred about.

It's cyber warfare and they managed to win a tiny battle on this one that the Democrats and The Media somehow turned into a huge disaster.

In fact, I would even call it a blessing in disguise as it taught us an imporrant lesson before something really important did leak this same way.

Also let's strip this down to the bone. They did not release some national secret, they released some emails from Podesta. The contents were embarrassing but there was nothing there that we didn't already know. Did the Dem party prefers Hillary over Bernie? Yes, and anybody that spends even a minute reading a newspaper knew this. Were the "mainstream" media cozy with Hillary? Yes we knew this. Hell, I bet the whole world knows this.

So what new revelations did we find out because of the leaks?

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero.

Ooops....gotta cut this short. I need to get drunk in the next hour to celebrate the New Year.

But your post about 2-3 weeks ago about how Putin is probably laughing his ass off at how we got our tits in a twist (or words to that effect :P) seems to ring so true right about now....

Happy New Year everybody.
        Last edited by YellowFever; 01 Jan 17,, 07:48.

Comment

• They did use Day Zeros.

Comment

Although it's been reversed, looks bad for the GOP. Agree with Trump; poor beginning for the new Congress.

Start that new thread... ;-)
            As you wish :-)

2017 American Political Scene
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

That'll work, Joe. Do you suppose we ought to transfer, say the last 3-4 pages of posts in the other thread for continuity sake, and then closing it?
              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

That'll work, Joe. Do you suppose we ought to transfer, say the last 3-4 pages of posts in the other thread for continuity sake, and then closing it?
                Not a bad idea, feel free :-)

Joe:

Transferred latest...

Reminder to everybody...this thread continues at the new thread .... http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=66679
                Last edited by JAD_333; 04 Jan 17,, 18:54. Reason: add note
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                X