This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    For fuck sakes, there are more Muslims in India than there are in Pakistan. Of course families were torn apart. In case you don't get it, those Indian Muslims decided they had more in common with Indian Hindius than they did with Pakistani Muslims.
    Oh, I do get it, but they were not fighting their Muslim family members; they were fighting their Hindu neighbours. The Hindus on the other side were doing the same. All I am telling you is that non of this erupted suddenly, it built up gradually between two communities that already hated each other's guts. Hindu right wing folks still now talk about taking revenge for Direct action day. Anyway, that is another discussion.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I witnessed a civil war that was not my own.

For fuck sakes, Trump sabotaged his own campaign. He will not win. He made sure of that by insulting the military.
    I sure hope you are right. Apparently the veterans are still behind him though
    http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/v...n-controversy/
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Given that you have not really understood the context between me and YF's discussion, I am not sure you are looking for logic here. And speaking of scaring easily, weren't you the guy who discussed about making major changes to his life because Obama won a second term?
      Why yes I did, and do, not just me but my nation. The dramatic increase in Pacific tensions as a result of his and your idiocies has somewhat born me out don't you think? The nature of the wars my people will have to fight because of his ilk, we shall not forget, nor forgive. All we can hope for now is to salvage what we can.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Why yes I did, and do, not just me but my nation. The dramatic increase in Pacific tensions as a result of his and your idiocies has somewhat born me out don't you think? The nature of the wars my people will have to fight because of his ilk, we shall not forget, nor forgive. All we can hope for now is to salvage what we can.
        You are referring to tensions with China I imagine. What specific action or actions (or the lack of it) do you blame Obama for? Just curious.

Comment

Oh, I do get it, but they were not fighting their Muslim family members; they were fighting their Hindu neighbours. The Hindus on the other side were doing the same. All I am telling you is that non of this erupted suddenly, it built up gradually between two communities that already hated each other's guts. Hindu right wing folks still now talk about taking revenge for Direct action day. Anyway, that is another discussion.
          And how is that different from an overnight onset of violence? You keep referring to long simmering hatre. Well, German hatre for the Jews was always there. Hitler's rise to power didn't turned out good for them overnight. Just as Partition didn't do good for pre-independence India overnight.

The point remains however, how long would it take low level hatre turn into violence. The answer remains 24 hours.

Originally posted by antimony View Post
          I sure hope you are right. Apparently the veterans are still behind him though
          http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/v...n-controversy/
          That was before his fuck up with a Gold Star family.
          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 27 Aug 16,, 16:36.
          Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by InExile View Post
            You are referring to tensions with China I imagine. What specific action or actions (or the lack of it) do you blame Obama for? Just curious.
            Not Obama, the Democrats. US India relations, US Europe relations, US Britain relations. US Saudi relations, allowing the Europeans to destroy Libya, US Russia relations. The Pacific pivot ramping up aggressive rhetoric and the fortifying of the Sth China sea as a direct result. Ceding the worlds most important shipping lanes and placing all of our major trading partners at greater risk of conflict as a result. Their internal policy of regarding the Republicans as their true enemy rather than any threat from abroad, watched with great interest from abroad.
            I can't think of a single Democrat international initiative in the last eight years that hasn't destabilised the world as a result. Can you?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Iain,

I don't see how this could be avoided. Bush Sr angered Beijing by selling F-16s to Taiwan. American and Chinese interests would inevitably going to at least oppose each other.

Just as Indian and American interests will conflict with each other in the future.
              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 28 Aug 16,, 16:09.
              Chimo

Comment

• In the years does US have a better ties with its allies and are they on a better relations with the friendly states?
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  And how is that different from an overnight onset of violence? You keep referring to long simmering hatre. Well, German hatre for the Jews was always there. Hitler's rise to power didn't turned out good for them overnight. Just as Partition didn't do good for pre-independence India overnight.

The point remains however, how long would it take low level hatre turn into violence. The answer remains 24 hours
                  But Col., the violence did not start in 1946-47. Its started much before that. India had faced violent communal riots right through the 1890's, 1900's, 1921 and right up to independence and partition

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  That was before his fuck up with a Gold Star family.
                  His prior record with veterans also seem to be pretty poor. His record with small business owners ( in terms of honoring agreements) seem to be even worse
                  "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Not Obama, the Democrats. US India relations, US Europe relations, US Britain relations. US Saudi relations, allowing the Europeans to destroy Libya, US Russia relations. The Pacific pivot ramping up aggressive rhetoric and the fortifying of the Sth China sea as a direct result. Ceding the worlds most important shipping lanes and placing all of our major trading partners at greater risk of conflict as a result. Their internal policy of regarding the Republicans as their true enemy rather than any threat from abroad, watched with great interest from abroad.
                    I can't think of a single Democrat international initiative in the last eight years that hasn't destabilised the world as a result. Can you?
                    Right, and the Republican Congress is entirely inconsequential to all of this. Nevermind their efforts to actively undermine their President in Foreign affairs

Comment

You know, you remind me of those tacticool gun "enthusiasts" with their own YouTube channels, who keep looking for deals on body armor ("because you never know when you need it"), have 2 different laser/light options on their carry guns ("backup of a backup") and keep debating on which lng range rifle they will use in a WROL/ SHTF situation.

Never mind, you do you.

Comment

But Col., the violence did not start in 1946-47. Its started much before that. India had faced violent communal riots right through the 1890's, 1900's, 1921 and right up to independence and partition
                        Who forced the partition? It ain't the upfront in your face thug but the smiling banker who denied your loan and unleashed the thugs within 24 hours when the timing was right.

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                        His prior record with veterans also seem to be pretty poor. His record with small business owners ( in terms of honoring agreements) seem to be even worse
                        You can rag on vets. We're used to getting shafted by both the enemy and the REMFs but God help you if come after the families.
                        Chimo

Comment

Trump's record with small businesses is utterly banal. It's right and just Americans are so disgusted with it, but Trump isn't THAT much different than practically every other company out there.

We all try to fuck each other over and the small businesses do not have the juice to defend themselves well. Wal-Mart treats their suppliers like shit.
                          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• How do you pay me a ransom with my money?
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                              How do you pay me a ransom with my money?
                              Because I have your money. Possession is 9/10 the law, especially in international politics, especially when the possessor has nuclear weapons and you don't.
                              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Wal-Mart treats their suppliers like shit.

And their workforce. But they have been good for one part of Arkansas.

I first visited Pea Ridge Battlefield way back in mid 1990s. That section of NW Arkansas was pretty desolate. I returned again around 2007 and again in 2013. The growth in the area is stunning. Here is why. Around the year 2000 Wal-Mart instituted a new policy with its suppliers...when an the board at Wal-Mart corporate HQ lifted up the phone, that company had 1 hour to a have a president standing ion the boardroom. Not a rep, not a VP but a company president. So all of the supplying companies made positions of President for Corporate relations, etc and told them to move to Bentonville, AR. This was a pretty upscale crowd so the real estate and business flourished. Suddenly huge upscale homes, malls, grocery tours, car dealerships, gold courses, you name it, got built.

What it has meant is they doing battlefield tours in NW Arkansas got a whole lot better.
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X