Passing of Starfleet's Greatest Science Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Starfleet's Greatest Science Officer

Leonard Nimoy has passed. An end of an era and an inspiration to millions.

God Bless, Sir.
    Chimo

Live Long And Prosper Mr. Nimoy
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I saw that first Star Trek show in 1966. I was able to actually visit the set in early 1967 since the neighbor across the street, in Canoga Park, worked there. I was 12 at the time of the first show and can say that was the day the theme song got ingrained into my brain. The voice of Spock also became ingrained into my brain. So much so that no matter wherever I am, whatever I am doing, when I hear the theme song, I hear "Space the final frontier", or I hear the voice of Spock, I am transported instantaneously back to that year. It is one of those good memories that ranks right up there with a root beer float that I always had at my grandparents tenement apartment in the Bronx back in 1957-62.

Comment

May the force be with him.

(Don't hurt me)

Comment

RIP

Somewhere up there in the great big wherever, Spock is quirking an eyebrow and saying....
          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            Live Long And Prosper Mr. Nimoy
            He did lived long. He did prospered. The best eulogy Mr Nimoy could hope for.
            Chimo

Comment

In an era when TV served up endless succession of action heroes & cops, Leonard Nimoy was able to make a hero out of a amart, rational character. He gave the character depth & decency. Someone the nerdy kids cold look up to. Some actors who are defined by a single role come to resent it. If Nimoy did resent Spock he didn't show it.

A fine legacy.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Now we must find the Genesis planet...
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  Someone the nerdy kids cold look up to.
                  And some of them have made it beyond just this planet we're standing on...

Sam Christoforetti, Italian ESA astronaut who today passed her 100th day onboard ISS.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X