I'll take the snow any day.
    Come. We have plenty here
    We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
      Come. We have plenty here
      And if that's not enough... Syberia
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        Oh? Well then you forgot to mention no rain also and the prognosis for the coming years is very dismal.
        Meh...don't really care. We have plenty of water. The drought is created by the government.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Drinking water from converted sewage. Southern California will be the perfect example of garbage in, garbage out.
          Last edited by surfgun; 17 Feb 15,, 00:13.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
            Drinking water from converted sewage. Southern California will be the perfect example of garbage in, garbage out.
            Meanwhile, the delta smelt in Northern California enjoy fresh water from the Sierras. Crisp, clean, mountain spring water straight from the source. This reminds me of that line from Judge Dredd:

"Eat recycled food. Recycled food is good for the environment, and OK for you."

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              SimCity without Godzilla.

To get SimCity with Godzilla do you have to move to Tokyo?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                To get SimCity with Godzilla do you have to move to Tokyo?
                The old SimCity randomly generates a Godzilla to rampage through the city. It need not be in Tokyo.

If you demolish all churches within your city limit, the frequency of Godzilla strikes will increase.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Riots only happen in poor areas. Mudslides usually happen in rich areas. Fires usually happen in rich areas (hilly) or at the outskirts of the city.

Earthquakes, meteors...well, they don't care for the rich or the poor.

We can mitigate 3 out of the 5 challenges, in exchange for not freezing our asses off.
                  It's not the freezing that bothers me, it's the rush-hour snow and everyone being a f'in moron.
                  "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

I wonder what difference it actually makes. Like for example, in Maryland we have this unconstitutional law that makes it very bureaucratic and difficult to buy a handgun. I am not sure that if I went to Pennsylvania and bought a handgun there I would be breaking a law or something since I live in Maryland. In any case, I am excited that some of the new Maryland regulations on guns are being challenged in federal court right now and after most of the Washington D.C regulations were struck down... Everything seems possible again.

Comment

Vargas, here's my take on the law. I don't know Maryland specifics, as I am not a lawyer and barely can follow Massachusetts laws.
                      As a resident of Mass, I can go to any state, and buy a rifle or shotgun (no "assault weapon" as Mass still has a ban which mirrored the federal one, just didn't sunset) from a dealer, stick it in my car and drive home (assuming all transportation laws of all states involved are complied with). I cannot, per federal law that this thread is about, do the same with a handgun. I have to purchase the firearm, have it shipped to an FFL dealer in Massachusetts, and have him then transfer it to me. This is where the rub is...
                      Mass has some handguns that aren't on one of two approved rosters, and therefore it is illegal for a dealer to sell (or transfer) to me. There is no handgun I cannot own (besides those classified as assault weapons) - the legal mess is with the dealer.

Scenarios:
                      1) Buying a Gen4 Glock on Gunbroker and having it shipped to my FFL = No Go
                      2) Buying a Gen4 Glock from an individual who moved to Mass from Free America = OK
                      3) Buying a Gen4 Glock from a dealer in VT and driving home with it = No Go

This decision should make item 3 legal now.
                      "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Originally posted by tuna View Post
                        Vargas, here's my take on the law. I don't know Maryland specifics, as I am not a lawyer and barely can follow Massachusetts laws.
                        As a resident of Mass, I can go to any state, and buy a rifle or shotgun (no "assault weapon" as Mass still has a ban which mirrored the federal one, just didn't sunset) from a dealer, stick it in my car and drive home (assuming all transportation laws of all states involved are complied with). I cannot, per federal law that this thread is about, do the same with a handgun. I have to purchase the firearm, have it shipped to an FFL dealer in Massachusetts, and have him then transfer it to me. This is where the rub is...
                        Mass has some handguns that aren't on one of two approved rosters, and therefore it is illegal for a dealer to sell (or transfer) to me. There is no handgun I cannot own (besides those classified as assault weapons) - the legal mess is with the dealer.

Scenarios:
                        1) Buying a Gen4 Glock on Gunbroker and having it shipped to my FFL = No Go
                        2) Buying a Gen4 Glock from an individual who moved to Mass from Free America = OK
                        3) Buying a Gen4 Glock from a dealer in VT and driving home with it = No Go

This decision should make item 3 legal now.
                        Hmmm... So now you theoretically can buy the handgun outside of the state. But it has to be shipped to your state and therefore all the gun bans at the state apply there.
                        Did I understand it correctly?

Comment

Yes. You could always buy the gun out of state, it just had to be shipped to an FFL and transferred to you in your home state, per federal law. This reduces the shipping, but puts you on the hook for making sure you're not buying anything illegal in your state.

I can go to Vermont (I keep using Vermont, but any state would do) and buy a "non assault rifle" AR-15 without the bayonet lug or flash hider, etc and bring it home in my trunk. If I buy a "normal" one, that has all the features that they are supposed to have, I'm now in trouble with the Assault Weapon Ban.

With pistols, there is no ban in MA - so they are all fair game. You may have magazine restrictions or other illegal features that you'd need to be aware of.
                          "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Originally posted by tuna View Post
                            Yes. You could always buy the gun out of state, it just had to be shipped to an FFL and transferred to you in your home state, per federal law. This reduces the shipping, but puts you on the hook for making sure you're not buying anything illegal in your state.

I can go to Vermont (I keep using Vermont, but any state would do) and buy a "non assault rifle" AR-15 without the bayonet lug or flash hider, etc and bring it home in my trunk. If I buy a "normal" one, that has all the features that they are supposed to have, I'm now in trouble with the Assault Weapon Ban.

With pistols, there is no ban in MA - so they are all fair game. You may have magazine restrictions or other illegal features that you'd need to be aware of.
                            Okay, I got it. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
                            X