Rep Molly White Asks Muslim Visitors to Pledge Allegiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Don't we do that in high school? Do we still do that in high school? It's been a while for me.
    People have always had the right to abstain from doing the pledge of allegiance at school if they were of special circumstance (I.e., exchange student). Frankly this is all missing the point, the fact is that Rep. White required 'Muslim' visitors to pledge allegiance, not all visitors.

From her the implication is clear: Muslims are not trustworthy Americans.
    "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

I was wondering if they still do that in the US, I wasn't sure if it was a Hollywood thing or for real.

There would be a fucking riot if kids in Australia were forced to pledge allegiance, irrelevant if it 'God' was mentioned.

We are generally happy to fight and even die for our country although overt signs of patriotism are considered crass and too American for our tastes.
      The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

The American Left,

Just because most terrorists are moslems it doesn't mean most moslems are terrorist,
        Just because most mass shooters are atheist, it doesn't mean most atheist are mass shooters,
        Just because Marxism has never worked, it doesn't mean Marxism will never work
        Because most criminal use guns, all gun owners are criminals
        Because some men rape, all men are rapist
        Because some immigration is good, all immigration is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
          People have always had the right to abstain from doing the pledge of allegiance at school if they were of special circumstance (I.e., exchange student). Frankly this is all missing the point, the fact is that Rep. White required 'Muslim' visitors to pledge allegiance, not all visitors.

Actually the pledge was mandatory for students until the Jehovah's Witnesses sued and took it all the way to the Supreme Court where they won.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            The American Left,

Just because most terrorists are moslems it doesn't mean most moslems are terrorist,
            Just because most mass shooters are atheist, it doesn't mean most atheist are mass shooters,
            Just because Marxism has never worked, it doesn't mean Marxism will never work
            The American right

Dealing with the world's problems one stupid one liner at a time.
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Do you understand the contradiction in your own convictions that are coming out? Are you saying most muslims are terrorists? Are you saying most atheists are mass shooters?
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post

I agree with your point on Molly White. That was uncalled for.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                X